Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

It's the cost of replacing him we should be wary of. Only a few years back £25 million may have seemed high for a defender, but the market since then has gone sky high.

Maybe, but 70m would pay for Tielemans and a top winger/CB. Worth the risk, it isn't like without him we will start leaking goals as we already do concede quite a lot. 

Edited by lgfualol

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Damn right I would........whats your point? 

The point that I said before. I find it strange how delighted you can be about one of our better players leaving. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.640ed1ae143eab7d56257c15cc517e33.png

The idea we rejected it is almost as laughable as the idea that they actually made it !!

He’s  not for sale - that’s the message from the club so I doubt another club would actually put in a bid ..... it would be an ‘enquiry’ via an agent who yanited are using ...... 

agent: hi john .... that big fella you have in defence ..... if someone was to offer 70m for him would you be interested??

Rudders: Wes isn’t for sale !!  Jog on

Just now, Goober said:

What's the point when we can hold out for more? Why would we accept the first bid

Tis a risk. If Man U come to their senses and decide to go for someone else and he has a crap season, then we'll be selling for 30m next Summer. 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

The point that I said before. I find it strange how delighted you can be about one of our better players leaving. 

£90m to invest in other key areas of the squad. I don't see the problem. OK so you rate him as one of the best centre backs in the world, I don't. It's called a difference of opinion, you'll find loads of that on here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Benkovic and soyuncu pairing could potentially last us a decade why on earth would we need another defender it has never made any sense to me we bought these two in case maguire left a year ago and now alll of a sudden they aren't good enough.

Potentially, you are right. I just think it's more of a gamble than some people on here are suggesting. 

Soyuncu is almost completely unproven. We have saw very little of him and Benkovic seems to have a fairly serious reoccurring injury. 

Last thing we need is for one of them to turn out to be a bomb scare and the other to become best friends with the physio, leaving us with Morgan who will do the job for us here and there but having him as a starter from now until January is quite daunting. 

Ideally Big Ben or Soyuncu or both hit the ground running and are excellent but are you willing to bet a European place on it? 

Just now, Fightforever said:

The meltdown on redcafe 

ITS HILARIOUS! Blue Moon is loving it almost as much as we are mind. (Note for Rudders - must rinse Man City if we sell Chilwell to them)

Just now, foxfanazer said:

£90m to invest in other key areas of the squad. I don't see the problem. OK so you rate him as one of the best centre backs in the world, I don't. It's called a difference of opinion, you'll find loads of that on here

Oh cheers, thanks for informing me how the forum works. I only post when I disagree with someone, it’s boring otherwise. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

ITS HILARIOUS! Blue Moon is loving it almost as much as we are mind. (Note for Rudders - must rinse Man City if we sell Chilwell to them)

Man City have just signed Angelino, PSVs best player last season. Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko - doubt Chilwell is off there any time soon.

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

Oh give up. I made the point that he was delighted about Maguire going which I found strange as he is one of our best players. Simple as that. If that particular emoji meant something different I couldn’t care. I know what he thought about the matter. 

I think the point he and others were making is not "sell him yay".  No argument is so simple and unnuanced as that.  The following two sentences can both be true:

Maguire is our best defender and I would like him to stay.

If selling Maguire meant the team as a whole could improve it is worth thinking about.

I don't think anyone is really "delighted" about selling him it is just that for the amounts quoted they might think it would be beneficial for the team (in a similar fashion to Coutinho/Bale).  Now these people may be wrong, we may be better keeping him and not putting the money elsewhere but it is a topic up for debate and there are good arguments on either side.  I wish things weren't so polarised on here and online in general.  

• Like 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

What was the point of spending £35 million pounds on centrebacks last window if we're going to do it again this window. 

Hahahaa because when there's a nuts club like Utd doing business, it's too tempting not to rinse them.

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Oh cheers, thanks for informing me how the forum works. I only post when I disagree with someone, it’s boring otherwise

You're not wrong there 

I'm not the only one saying we should sell him anyway so not sure why you've got a boner for me

Edited by foxfanazer

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I think the point he and others were making is not "sell him yay".  No argument is so simple and unnuanced as that.  The following two sentences can both be true:

Maguire is our best defender and I would like him to stay.

If selling Maguire meant the team as a whole could improve it is worth thinking about.

I don't think anyone is really "delighted" about selling him it is just that for the amounts quoted they might think it would be beneficial for the team (in a similar fashion to Coutinho/Bale).  Now these people may be wrong, we may be better keeping him and not putting the money elsewhere but it is a topic up for debate and there are good arguments on either side.  I wish things weren't so polarised on here and online in general.  

No kisses mean you are now going off him due to his abrasive replies ?

• Like 1

if Utd want HM they will have to pay the same or more as Liverpool paid for VVD, Utd fans saying he isnt worth it yet they paid 90mil on Pogba whos social media stuff has done more than his on field stuff at Utd, and they paid £45mil for AWB whos had one good season, and what was it...47mil on Fred, they need to be quiet on price tags given they brought more duds than most in recent times and for big money too

bunch of hypocrites