Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

On 26/06/2019 at 10:19, Deeg67 said:

Why should he have to?  By saying nothing he's giving the club maximum leverage (unlike a certain someone I could mention) and ensuring there will be no recriminations no matter the outcome.  I don't see how any Leicester fan could possibly ask more of a player than what Harry has given us with this potential sale.

Maguire has not asked to leave either, he hasn't put a transfer request in, 

48 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Personally I think we’d be idiots to take anything for him this summer. We should keep the squad together. 

You genuinely wouldn’t take £80m? He’s worth half that realistically. We have replacements and that cash could buy two players of outstanding quality 

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

You genuinely wouldn’t take £80m? He’s worth half that realistically. We have replacements and that cash could buy two players of outstanding quality 

You could also buy a few overpriced duffers. And we have in the recent past. I'd always rather have the player than the money.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You could also buy a few overpriced duffers? And we have in the recent past. I'd always rather have the player than the money.

We need to spend regardless though. If Maguire goes for £80m+ then we can budget for a couple of genuinely quality players in addition to Tielemans, rather than having to penny pinch and try to bring in a bargain here and there. Just keeping the squad together isn't enough, you have to keep moving forwards and improving it season after season. The bigger your budget, the more straightforward that ought to be. I could understand it if our squad was already blessed with great depth and balance but it really isn't.

35 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Genuinely wouldn’t mate. I won’t get into an argument over what he’s “worth” but I think we’d be foolish to sell him this summer. Realistically I think we can afford Tielemans and hopefully a marquee winger without having to sell Maguire or Chilwell (There are plenty of other names that can be moved on to bring in cash to spend). 

If we keep this squad together and add well enough for it, we can qualify for Europe this season. If Maguire wants to go next summer then we could easily get £100m for him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Genuinely wouldn’t mate. I won’t get into an argument over what he’s “worth” but I think we’d be foolish to sell him this summer. Realistically I think we can afford Tielemans and hopefully a marquee winger without having to sell Maguire or Chilwell (There are plenty of other names that can be moved on to bring in cash to spend). 

If we keep this squad together and add well enough for it, we can qualify for Europe this season. If Maguire wants to go next summer then we could easily get £100m for him. 

Our transfer business is more intelligent these days so I’d trust us not to make any horrendous mistakes. Liverpool didn’t need to sell Coutinho but that cash bought Allison and VVD, now there’s no guarantee we buy two players that improve us to that extent but, personally, £65m-85m is of greater value to us than Maguire is.

I’d like to think we can afford a quality winger and Tielemans but I’m unconvinced, if it’s a case of sell Maguire to get a wide player and Youri then for me it’s thanks a bunch Harry but goodbye 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Genuine (established) quality players don't come to Leicester though. Our MO is to buy relatively cheap, young players with the potential to become genuine quality. That is unlikely to change.

They do if you know where to look - Ricardo would be the obvious example of a player who satisfies my criteria of being an established quality player and yours of being relatively cheap and young. I'm not saying we suddenly start spunking hundreds of millions on galacticos, but I'm absolutely convinced that we could use that money to leave the squad in a better overall state. That doesn't mean we stop buying young talented players on an upwards trajectory - if anything, it means we can buy more of them and we don't have to rely on hoping punts for players like Ghezzal come off. We buy a Ricardo for every position, if you get my drift.

I should make it clear - if Maguire stays I'll be very pleased. I love watching him and it'd be a shame to see him go. I still think it'd be a mistake to turn down a massive offer when there are areas of our squad that could really use the investment.

3 hours ago, Guest said:

I should make it clear - if Maguire stays I'll be very pleased. I love watching him and it'd be a shame to see him go. I still think it'd be a mistake to turn down a massive offer when there are areas of our squad that could really use the investment.

Yes, with benko injured a lot and Calgar a potential bomb scare from time to time, a new centre half should Harry go ......,,

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

We dont have any ball dribbling CB's to replace him.  He is unique.  

Also the transfer market is a lottery, we could easily spend the money on duds.

I would only take money for him, if it was a requirement to get tielemans.  Also probably minimum 90-100 million.  As we need compensating for the fact it will set the team back bedding in a replacement, the duds we will inevitably buy with the money to find another good player.

Edited by Chrysalis

5 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I get tired of reading this. He is a young player who needs our support and belief not casual insults thrown at him.

Quite agree. Harry really is the messiah it seems. Caglar is a good  player, and will get better with more game time.

He was a bit rash early doors. But he is no Benny (How we miss you) is he?

5 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I get tired of reading this. He is a young player who needs our support and belief not casual insults thrown at him.

We never learn do we, you're absolutely right. What do people reasonably expect?  First it was Chilwell who got an absolute slagging, a kid in his first season up against seasoned professionals, now an England international. Now again Soyuncu. Again a kid who has had a couple of games in a higher standard, pacier and more physical league to what he's used to. As we haven't got the money to go out and buy a ready made Van Dyke or similarly ready made seasoned international fullback etc some fans need to think on. Our model is actually bearing fruit now and i fir one find it quite exciting. How many of our young players are there currently rumours about? Some must sit and clap their hands with glee like demented seals when they witness another rooky mistake because they can then get on their keyboards and big themselves up as a football expert as they wallow in the ability to point out mistakes. Funny how Klopp, Guadiola, Rodgers and Southgate seem to appreciate such young talent yet our knowledgeable keyboard warriors can only find faults.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

How on earth have people decided that Caglar is a bomb scare? He had one rusty moment that I can remember, but he's barely played enough games and was adapting.

He's a great back up with excellent potential. Just what we need, along with Benkovic.

That's nothing.... 

Some have already decided Justin is shit because of what he was wearing on his first day walking into training!!.. 

Justin out!! 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That's nothing.... 

Some have already decided Justin is shit because of what he was wearing on his first day walking into training!!.. 

Justin out!! 

#NewsJustOut

Edited by CloudFox