Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think the keenness to land Harry (if indeed these clubs are actually trying to buy him) is as much to do with weakening Leicester as needing Harry in their defences. 

Not sure they're that worried tbh. They had a terrible season and still finished loads of points ahead of us

Just now, Viva said:

It's not really though is it. If he shows ability for England to be one of the world's best defenders, then a good manager should be able to get that out of him here.

When has he shown the ability to be one of the worlds best defenders? :blink:

He had an average season last season but that's not to say he wouldn't improve this year and have a belter.

He'll be missed of course but if we can get close to 100m for him then it would make sense to let him go and focus on other areas - we have depth at CB.

18 minutes ago, Viva said:

So you would be very happy settling for a player not as good as Maguire? Also we would have to pay a fortune for any of those players.

Tbh yes, why? Because even though they may not be as good, they are good enough to step up in class to a team that has top six aspirations like ourselves. Losing Maguire wouldn't be like losing Kante or Mahrez, Maguire would be more easy to replace.

Prices are ridiculous nowadays, if it means forking out 30-40 million for them then so be it.

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well yeah but his form for England is irrelevant when debating how much of a miss he'll be for us

Out of our back line that finished the season (Chiwell Maguire Evans Ricardo)  i think Maguire would be missed the least. - Maybe an unpopular opinion but its true.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Not sure they're that worried tbh. They had a terrible season and still finished loads of points ahead of us

Thats not their benchmark though is it?

Just now, les-tah said:

Out of all 

out of all our back line that finished the season (Ricardo Evans Maguire Chiwell) i think Maguire would be missed the least. - Maybe an unpopular opinion but its true.

Maybe unpopular but I agree

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If you take the blue tinted glasses off he was very suspect last season, wasn't our best centre back. The money being mentioned outweighs his impact for the club imo

He really wasn’t.

• Like 1

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

We don't need another CB if Harry goes. Soyuncu and Benkovic can fight it out to play alongside Evans. 

Yep.  Agree.  Use the money in more needy areas instead of stock-piling CB's.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think the keenness to land Harry (if indeed these clubs are actually trying to buy him) is as much to do with weakening Leicester as needing Harry in their defences. 

Definitely. 

How long is it before we’re seen as a selling club like Southampton by letting Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez & then Maguire go in the space of 4 seasons. 

I don’t see Rivals trying to negotiate for Richarlison or Neves. If the teams around us are keeping their best players, we need to do the same. 

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I actually think we would need another CB, just because Benkovic seems to have a questionable injury record.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He really was. How many early goals did we concede where one of the centre halves (sometimes Maguire) had lost their man. 

He might’ve been suspect to his own high standards and what we’ve come to expect from him but he was still very good for us last season. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Heard through the grapevine that Brendan wants to look at Amartey in the centre back role. He’s mainly played CB for Ghana and could be an interesting option to keep an eye on during pre-season. 

Jesus christ lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He might’ve been suspect to his own high standards and what we’ve come to expect from him but he was still very good for us last season. 

Agree to disagree

I do like Harry though and he's been a great signing for us. The money being touted is the most he's ever gonna be worth and he is replaceable. I also like how he's conducted himself so far with all this transfer talk

Edited by foxfanazer

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder whether we would have a look at someone like weigl who we could use as a dm when we are playing at home against a team we don't need wilf for as they are just defending and someone who is just as capable at cb if we have an injury crisis. 

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

We don't need another CB if Harry goes. Soyuncu and Benkovic can fight it out to play alongside Evans. 

Yes we do.

We have top six aspirations, we can't rely on two inexperienced players in Benkovic and Soyuncu, those two need more time to develop.

Buying someone like Dunk, Tarkowski or Lascelles would see us set for the future, one of those would make a strong partnership with Evans. Benkovic and Soyuncu can develop, by the 2020/2021 season they'll more than likely be ready, Wes will probably retire or get released.

That would then leave us with Dunk/Tarkowski/Lascelles, Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu as our CB options, every club needs two players per position, those as our RCB or LCB options look pretty good to me.