Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

How on earth have people decided that Caglar is a bomb scare? He had one rusty moment that I can remember, but he's barely played enough games and was adapting.

He's a great back up with excellent potential. Just what we need, along with Benkovic.

Spot on:appl:.  If Caglar is a bomb-scare -   Wes, during last Season's red card frenzy, was equivalent to the WW2 Dresden air-raid.   Why this Forum cannot give the pair a fair chance is truly baffling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can we change the title to "Man City". Anyone that refers to Manchester City as 'City' should get a lengthy ban imo

40 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can we change the title to "Man City". Anyone that refers to Manchester City as 'City' should get a lengthy ban imo

That ban should also be extended to people who post the same thing twice. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Spot on:appl:.  If Caglar is a bomb-scare -   Wes, during last Season's red card frenzy, was equivalent to the WW2 Dresden air-raid.   Why this Forum cannot give the pair a fair chance is truly baffling.

Calgar is a fraction away from being a very good player, I've been impressed with him for about 96% of the time he's on the pitch. If he can just keep switched on for the remaining time and not make an absolutely catastrophic error each game, he'll be a fantastic replacement for Maguire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

How on earth have people decided that Caglar is a bomb scare? He had one rusty moment that I can remember, but he's barely played enough games and was adapting.

He's a great back up with excellent potential. Just what we need, along with Benkovic.

Because that’s what the majority of Leicester fans do. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How can people not tell the difference between saying a player is a ‘bomb scare’ and a ‘potential bomb scare from time to time’

it's not the same  ....

A potential bomb scare is the same as a bomb scare. 

• Like 2

To play the style BR wants, you MUST have pace and mobility at the back. Otherwise a quick turnover at the front end will leave us exposed at the back end.  In BR we trust to give all players a chance to shine (except Slimani:ph34r:)

47 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Soyuncu & Benkovic will be our first choice Centre Backs at some time this coming season.... :thumbup:

For me the ideal situation would be to sell Maguire for £80m and then Soyuncu and Benkovic have a route to first team football to compete with who partners Evans. They both play so well that it soon becomes apparent that the best thing to do would be to drop the magnificent Jonny Evans and by the end of the season Benkovic and Soyuncu are considered the best CB pairing in the world as Leicester only conceded 17 goals on their way to winning their second title in four years. :cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Literally every single game he played, there was one moment where he gifted the opposition a great chance through a very poor piece of play. I can see the great potential in him, but it was discussed regularly that he'd made an another error. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Literally every single game he played, there was one moment where he gifted the opposition a great chance through a very poor piece of play. I can see the great potential in him, but it was discussed regularly that he'd made an another error. 

i dont think it helps when hes not starting game week in and out, remember HM was the same when he first came into the premier league, the more you play the less the mistake they make

although....last season was full of errors for a good number of our players sadly

• Like 1

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

I think we might accept. The clubs have been in discussions surely United wouldn’t waste time bidding something they’d know would be rejected. Unless they’re hoping it’ll push Maguire to ask to move. 

Any club that is willing to pay Marcus Rashford 200k per week will spark interest in any professional player.

• Haha 2

the amount of other teams fans saying hes not worth and such, but the same ****** dont say a word when the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc spend £50+mil on players who havent played in the premier and then fail

HM has done well in the prem, the stats show that and hes only signed a new contract last summer, england international too

the snobbery kind of annoys me, 

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Dorsett confirming it isn’t enough

Tomorrow's headline... Man City have moved back in front in the chase for Maguire after agreeing to match their £70m offer. The day after, Leicester still want £80m, the day after, Man U have moved on to a different player, the day after Maguire wants to move, the day after, Man U offer £72.5 m. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fightforever said:

When do you reckon it gets to the point when we can't refuse. 80m, 90m or 100m

I'd say 80m. I know there's a lot of fans not wanting to see him leave but every player has his price and that is way above his

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

I think we might accept. The clubs have been in discussions surely United wouldn’t waste time bidding something they’d know would be rejected. Unless they’re hoping it’ll push Maguire to ask to move. 

Only need to look at the messing around they did with Wan-Bissaka and what Arsenal are doing with Zaha, big clubs will always bid less than clubs asking price hoping to force the players hand for the move

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

the amount of other teams fans saying hes not worth and such, but the same ****** dont say a word then the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc spend £50+mil on players who havent played in the premier and then fail

HM has done well in the prem, the stats show that and hes only signed a new contract last summer, england international too

the snobbery kind of annoys me, 

If he played abroad nobody would be moaning. Our fans are no different regularly turning their noses up at players from here.