Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Man Utd don’t want Maguire just because they need a CB, they want him because it weakens a rival.

This is the best opportunity to break into the top six. Would hate to be thinking at the end of the season ‘what if’ because we didn’t keep Maguire or failed to reinvest the money wisely. 

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Man Utd don’t want Maguire just because they need a CB, they want him because it weakens a rival.

This is the best opportunity to break into the top six. Would hate to be thinking at the end of the season ‘what if’ because we didn’t keep Maguire or failed to reinvest the money wisely. 

They absolutely do need a CB, though.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If we don't get top 6, I doubt it would be down to just Maguire leaving

True. Losing Maguire makes the task more difficult though.

The ITK’s have said we don’t need Maguire money to fund a winger/other signings, so I don’t see a reason to sell.

Edited by Shane

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Or rather, their academy was so good during Ferguson's era that they had no choice but to offload surplus players to lower league teams, some of whom were good enough to go and win the Premier League before they did again.

Whereas now, things have reached such a poor point that they're not capable of producing any good youth any more and have no choice but to try and bully other teams for their best players. 

We made three good signings from their academy- Drinkwater, James and De Laet. Players who'd made about 5 first team appearances for them. I think the lot cost £2 million which was a fair amount for youngsters when you think that Vardy, Schmeichel and Mahrez combined cost £400k more.

Shouldn't be forgotten that they also gave us Jesse Lingard and Nick Powell for loan spells and the less said about those the better.

We need to hold firm and remember our ambitions for this season. We could be in direct competition with Manchester United for a 4th-7th spot this year. So we should absolutely NOT be selling one our best players to a direct rival*. 

Not. For. ****ING. Sale. 

*Anybody who says this is unrealistic is themselves being unrealistic about our ambitions and our capabilities. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Bid the asking price. It’s literally that simple. 

I agree. Though I’d add the caveat that in 5 days time it no longer gives us suitable time to replace without paying over the odds so the price will rise to £100 million up front or he’s not for sale.