Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, Sly said:

Not necessarily the right way of looking at it. 

Think of it as would you change job if you were doubling your salary. 

Money isn’t the most important motivator when people choose a job surprisingly. It’s job satisfaction. Would he get that at Manchester United?!? 

It definitely helps - and it’s the same job at yanited as it is here .... I’m sure mrs maguire will make his life easier when he’s getting paid an extra 150k per week ..... a happy house is arguably more important than 9 to 5 !! 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-maguire-tells-leicester-city-18206318

'Harry Maguire tells Leicester City he wants to leave as Man Utd prepare £80m transfer bid'

'England centre back Harry Maguire has set his sights on a move to Old Trafford and is ready to quit the Foxes'

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Haha 1

When we are talking in excess of £5 million a year at Leicester compared to £10 million a year at Yanited I'd have thought 6 years at Leicester would set him up for life. He doesn't seem the kind of lad that needs to be flash with his cash. I know he could double that at Man U, but it's not as though we are talking the difference between 500000 or a million, where to you and I that would make a huge difference. He still has the opportunity to have a golden handshake in 3 years time.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-maguire-tells-leicester-city-18206318

'Harry Maguire tells Leicester City he wants to leave as Man Utd prepare £80m transfer bid'

'England centre back Harry Maguire has set his sights on a move to Old Trafford and is ready to quit the Foxes'

In the mirror. I would take it with a pinch of salt. That also applies to the Express and Daily Snail.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

£80 million with couple of performance related add-ons is about right I think. Although just recently I've been leaning towards keeping him! 

Guess it depends how highly BR rates Benkovic and Soyuncu, as if he doesn't think they are ready, then I imagine we will be spending quite big on a starting CB (Dunk, Tarwoski etc), and that obviously makes the £80m, with the sell on clause to Hull factored in as well, far less attractive.

If Maguire genuinely wants to push a move through and BR see's enough in Benkovic and Soyuncu, then £80m + add-ons would be good business IMO.

Not many players are irreplaceable. There are some obvious exceptions such as Kante. Maguire isn't one though. I don't think we know enough of Soyuncu or Benkovic as this time to know whether they are capable replacements. So we may need to spend though the likes of Dunk etc. don't really inspire me. For £80 million plus, and I mean plus, I'd sell if it looks as if it could get toxic amd trust in the manager and others to make the right decisions around replacements 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Obviously if he actively wants to leave and a buying club meets our valuation...

But I’m surprised by the number of people that seem keen/happy for him to leave. 

He he offers a threat at set pieces, is our best CB on the ball and the only one truly capable of bringing the ball out from the back and gaining territory. None of our other central defenders offer that, so whilst it’s an area of the squad where we have depth, we’d still lose an element of the team with him gone. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Link goes to a 404 error page, have they deleted it after being told off for fake news?

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Link goes to a 404 error page, have they deleted it after being told off for fake news?

It’s still on the mail website - its pretty specific in stating that Harry has told the manger and players that he wants to leave. Bear in mind that a slightly lower fee than has been touted would reflect us not paying a loyalty bonus. 

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It definitely helps - and it’s the same job at yanited as it is here .... I’m sure mrs maguire will make his life easier when he’s getting paid an extra 150k per week ..... a happy house is arguably more important than 9 to 5 !! 

Agree! 

A footballers career is short so I can see why earning as much as possible in their playing days is an important decision making factor. 

Harry Maguire edges closer to £75m Manchester United move after telling Leicester: I’m ready to leave now

• Harry Maguire has told Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers he wants to leave 
  • Maguire is looking to secure a £75million move to Manchester United 
  • Manchester City still interested in Maguire but United are more likely to sign him 

Harry Maguire has pushed a £75million move to Manchester United closer by telling Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers and team-mates that he wants to leave.

Maguire, 26, informed Rodgers and the rest of the Foxes squad of his intentions during their pre-season training camp in France, hoping it will ease negotiations between the two clubs.

Twelve months ago, the England defender failed to secure a move to Old Trafford despite heavy interest from their manager Jose Mourinho and he has decided to be more proactive on this occasion to avoid a repeat. 

Manchester City also remain contenders for Maguire’s signature but appear less likely to match Leicester’s valuation which would equal the world-record fee paid for a defender when Liverpool signed Virgil van Dijk.

Maguire, part of a 31-man Leicester party who trained last week in Evian by Lake Geneva, is understood to be happy at the prospect of joining United despite the club failing to qualify for the Champions League. 

He believes after two successful seasons at Leicester, in which he became a World Cup hero with England, it is the right time to further his career.

Leicester were reluctant to sell unless it became clear Maguire wanted out and now that has been done, it is believed they will not stand in his way. Rodgers would be given funds to sign a replacement and James Tarkowski and Lewis Dunk have been linked.

But the Foxes boss is already well served in central defence with Jonny Evans, his former Celtic loanee Filip Benkovic, £20million Turkish prospect Caglar Soyuncu and club captain Wes Morgan, so could use the Maguire cash to strengthen other positions.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He's as good as gone imo.. 

And it's the right time for us to cash in while his stock is ridiculously high. 

Spend some of the sale proceeds on a quality winger as we've got plenty of cover in the CB position. 

Bye Harry, good luck... You'll need it at Yanited. 

If it's true, then agree but for the figure we say, which should be £80 million minimum. 

Think it would be a bad move for Maguire. OgS is at the very least an unproven manager who had the bounce effect when he went there and many, me included, think he will fail to have the impact they want. The club is in turmoil still and they hardly have a world class squad. 

Suspect many of us will experience schadenfreude if he goes when United continue on their dismal trend. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

His social media silence seems to back up the rumours he wants out. Not arsed at all to be honest, he can go. I will piss if we get top 6 and Utd bomb. Enjoy the dough Harry, not many players have gone to Man Utd and done well in recent years.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Harry Maguire edges closer to £75m Manchester United move after telling Leicester: I’m ready to leave now

• Harry Maguire has told Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers he wants to leave 
  • Maguire is looking to secure a £75million move to Manchester United 
  • Manchester City still interested in Maguire but United are more likely to sign him 

Harry Maguire has pushed a £75million move to Manchester United closer by telling Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers and team-mates that he wants to leave.

Maguire, 26, informed Rodgers and the rest of the Foxes squad of his intentions during their pre-season training camp in France, hoping it will ease negotiations between the two clubs.

Twelve months ago, the England defender failed to secure a move to Old Trafford despite heavy interest from their manager Jose Mourinho and he has decided to be more proactive on this occasion to avoid a repeat. 

Manchester City also remain contenders for Maguire’s signature but appear less likely to match Leicester’s valuation which would equal the world-record fee paid for a defender when Liverpool signed Virgil van Dijk.

Maguire, part of a 31-man Leicester party who trained last week in Evian by Lake Geneva, is understood to be happy at the prospect of joining United despite the club failing to qualify for the Champions League. 

He believes after two successful seasons at Leicester, in which he became a World Cup hero with England, it is the right time to further his career.

Leicester were reluctant to sell unless it became clear Maguire wanted out and now that has been done, it is believed they will not stand in his way. Rodgers would be given funds to sign a replacement and James Tarkowski and Lewis Dunk have been linked.

But the Foxes boss is already well served in central defence with Jonny Evans, his former Celtic loanee Filip Benkovic, £20million Turkish prospect Caglar Soyuncu and club captain Wes Morgan, so could use the Maguire cash to strengthen other positions.

Jesus, someone actually decided to check little Leicester's squad list... This could be getting serious

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If it's true, then agree but for the figure we say, which should be £80 million minimum. 

Think it would be a bad move for Maguire. OgS is at the very least an unproven manager who had the bounce effect when he went there and many, me included, think he will fail to have the impact they want. The club is in turmoil still and they hardly have a world class squad. 

Suspect many of us will experience schadenfreude if he goes when United continue on their dismal trend. 

Couldn't agree more with this but we should boost that figure much higher to well over £100m. Whether he’s worth that or not is another debate. Put the fee as high as possible to put the ****ers off. 

We will miss him for sure, but I trust in our plan Tielemans clearly does and that’s good enough for me.

If the money can help us sign a top quality winger we are all set for a Top 4-6, we are certainly a better bet than Manchester United imo 

If it weren't for him being a Manure fan, it would be a bizarre decision.

Good chance of finishing in a top 6 club at an upwardly heading club where he's a star player

V

Decent chance of finishing in a top 6 club where he's one of many big names, many much more established, that seems to be in some distress and failing performances (though his move will somewhat address that).

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

No this 

????

Be careful I got a load of crap on here for making similar remarks about Scottish Football:(