Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

They're such an absolute basket case at the moment surely Harry is better waiting until at least January or next summer until the dust settles. It could be quite a time before they get Champions league football again.

Top seems fairly determined to keep him unless the price is right. I could see us keeping Harry until the Jan window.

• Like 1

United seem very interested in 21 year old centre back from Fiorentina called Milenkovic, I wonder if they have given up on Maguire as I can’t see them spending £40m on this guy and then £80m on Maguire

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

United seem very interested in 21 year old centre back from Fiorentina called Milenkovic, I wonder if they have given up on Maguire as I can’t see them spending £40m on this guy and then £80m on Maguire

On twitter last night I read somebody claim that the £40m for Milenkovic figure has been deliberately leaked to 'put pressure' on Leicester to drop the price for Maguire. I tried to explain, but I'm not sure he understood...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

On twitter last night I read somebody claim that the £40m for Milenkovic figure has been deliberately leaked to 'put pressure' on Leicester to drop the price for Maguire. I tried to explain, but I'm not sure he understood...

Yeah I just went on RedCafe and some of them were saying that... the idiocy from Man Utd fans in the Maguire saga has amazed me

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They are fkn clueless lol

images-3.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

They killed themselves by appointing OGS permanently. In their current state, the dressing room must be more radioactive than Chernobyl atm and there is absolutely no hint of a long-term project. I think that most of the players eventually interested, and I mean the very good ones, are waiting to see how the next season pans out. 

Ti's going to be a very long summer for them.

Bobby Apostrophe would prefer to play on the left wing

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

:dunno:

NOBODY seems to be saying that they could be trying to sign Milenkovic AND Maguire !  Hasn't Lindelof said he wants away ?  I would have thought they could be lining up Milenokovic to replace him - and sign Maguire as they planned ?

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Jeez united fans are idiots. Why would we ever drop our price? We clearly don't need the money or Top would not have put such a high value on him. They really think that bidding for another cb would make top think "shit, we'd best let Harry go for £60m. Genuinely dont know why any player would want to join that toxic football club at the moment. 

1 hour ago, s11nny said:

milenkovic savic is cm not a cb

Its not him, Sergej Milinkovic Savic plays for Lazio and you're right hes a cm. In here they are talking about a Fiorentina cb called Nikola Milenkovic

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They are after the Fiorentina centre half and then the Lazio central midfielder. Similar names.

United are really funny linking themselves with all these big names when realistically they will just get Longstaff and Lemina

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

:dunno:

I don't understand why them going for another defender will make us "ease" our stance. We don't need to nor want to sell Maguire. 

Them going for other targets won't change our stance, what's so difficult about that to grasp?

Utd fans are stuck in the past, gone are the days of them bulldozing mid-table clubs, the sooner they wake up the sooner they can progress. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't understand why them going for another defender will make us "ease" our stance. We don't need to nor want to sell Maguire. 

Them going for other targets won't change our stance, what's so difficult about that to grasp?

Utd fans are stuck in the past, gone are the days of them bulldozing mid-table clubs, the sooner they wake up the sooner they can progress. 

I can only think they are buying into the theory that we have 'spent the Maguire money already'.

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

I can only think they are buying into the theory that we have 'spent the Maguire money already'.

Such an odd theory, it's as if they're oblivious to everything related to TV money and our owners being rich.

It's arrogance, but they aren't even a strong team anymore to be boasting that

The best laugh is tho that HM has never said publicly he wants to go there. The deal has always been meet our price and if he then wants to go we will let him. I would just love it if they finally cottoned on, offered the 85mill and then when Top told Harry he turned round and said no thanks boss I would rather stay put. The wailing and gnashing of teeth as their arrogance came back to bite them in the ar*e would be heard all the way down the M6

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

The best laugh is tho that HM has never said publicly he wants to go there. The deal has always been meet our price and if he then wants to go we will let him. I would just love it if they finally cottoned on, offered the 85mill and then when Top told Harry he turned round and said no thanks boss I would rather stay put. The wailing and gnashing of teeth as their arrogance came back to bite them in the ar*e would be heard all the way down the M6

Isn't the story that he's previously privately told the board he wants a move to a specific one of the Manchester clubs (presumably Utd) and they won't stand in the way if that team meets our price but they'll require a transfer request from Mags if he decides he wants to join another club that comes in for him?  If that's accurate then it would be an odd move after all this back and forth between the clubs should Man Utd finally ante up.  But you're right it would be glorious.