Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1295896/rodgers-praises-citys-tactical-intelligence

If this is anything to go by then Demarai is fuchsed. 

Brendan wants us to play in a system that has no egos and is full of hardworking and willing runners. None of which applies to Gray. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-lack-arm-throwers-3142765

Oh and he doesn't like players who throw their arms up and don't immediately get back into the game. 

Grays time at Leicester is going to be over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's an individual. Always has been, and probably always will be. He's also not got the quality to back that up.

Sell. Absolutely not good enough.

There is something about him that gives off the vibe that he thinks the team should be built around him. But as you said, he hasn't got the quality for that. Not many players do, unless your name is Messi or Ronaldo, and even then they are team players that also create for others. 

18 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I was hoping Brendan could sort him out. He's an attitude change away from being pretty decent, but maybe he can't change that.  

Some players get given too much too soon before they've earned it and unfortunately Demarai is one of them. He's definitely someone that needs the hard graft of struggling in the lower leagues to hone his craft and fight to the top, but unfortunately he lucked out due to Raneiri's bad judgement and has ended up with a Premier League medal, a decent contract that means he doesn't have to worry about the money struggles of life and a stick up his ass. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to be hypercritical. I would love for him to come good and be the best they can. I want that of every player that puts on the shirt. I do agree that if there was to be a change in attitude and application he could become a cracking player. The basic tools are there but the maturity isn't yet. He is still young and yet to fully bloom but there definitely needs to be a change in circumstances for anything of that sort to happen. Maybe a loan somewhere else or just accepting that despite having him, he just wasn't meant to be with us. Kramaric comes to mind in that respect. Talented but didn't fit. 

Edited by LC/FC
Added thoughts

20 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

There is something about him that gives off the vibe that he thinks the team should be built around him. But as you said, he hasn't got the quality for that. Not many players do, unless your name is Messi or Ronaldo, and even then they are team players that also create for others. 

Some players get given too much too soon before they've earned it and unfortunately Demarai is one of them. He's definitely someone that needs the hard graft of struggling in the lower leagues to hone his craft and fight to the top, but unfortunately he lucked out due to Raneiri's bad judgement and has ended up with a Premier League medal, a decent contract that means he doesn't have to worry about the money struggles of life and a stick up his ass. 

In the long run that is debatable - career wise at least - if not financially. It may be that he is a simple soul who is happy with his lot.. (which is quite a lot). But he'll be nothing in football if he's not careful. 

Balotelli, Sturridge and Welbeck are all available on free transfers at under 30yrs old - and that should scare him. 

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

Came after being tagged as a promising winger. Has never really hit the ground running with us or found any type of prolonged form. I don’t think he’s majorly improved since being with us.

If someone comes in like Bournemouth did last year, I would offload him.

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

I don't think attitude is his main problem, it's mainly decision making. Whenever he does something good 9 times out of 10, he'll just make the wrong decision after. For example he'll beat a player then shoot when he should pass or pass when he should shoot. Very frustrating player. He strikes me as the type of player who looks like the best player at the club in training but awful on a match day. 

Exactly this. 

People jumping on attitude straight away, yet we have nothing to say he has a bad attitude. 

He's a young pro, still making bad decisions after good bits of play. Hopefully we see the Gray the u21s see rather than the bit part at Leicester. 

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly this. 

People jumping on attitude straight away, yet we have nothing to say he has a bad attitude. 

He's a young pro, still making bad decisions after good bits of play. Hopefully we see the Gray the u21s see rather than the bit part at Leicester. 

The attitude problem we're saying he has is based on the reports of people who were at the Rotherham game and his previous behaviour. He's a player who if something goes wrong throws his arms up in the air which means seconds are wasted. 

The arm throwing when things don't go his way is the attitude problem. As I've highlighted with the articles above, Brendan doesn't want that type of attitude that he exudes, the petulance of going 'tsk' instead of the immediacy to regain possession or press the opposition back if he's lost it. 

And if it's his decision making then that says in the years he's been here, he's barely improved in making the right decision in when to shoot or assist. Which shows somewhere he's not comprehending the tactics and playstyle asked of him. So he's either lacking a football brain or he not bothered and will go the way of Ballotelli, Sturridge and Welbeck, as mentioned above. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I was hoping Brendan could sort him out. He's an attitude change away from being pretty decent, but maybe he can't change that.  

We’ve all know those kids at school and the dicks in the pub and at work with the entitled, bitter, self satisfied expressions that never slip. Gray is one. He seems unable to grasp that talent alone is not enough. I detest Ronaldo, but by god that man puts the effort in, works at every aspect of the game and his physical condition. Gray just hasn’t got and will never have that level of awareness. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We’ve all know those kids at school and the dicks in the pub and at work with the entitled, bitter, self satisfied expressions that never slip. Gray is one. He seems unable to grasp that talent alone is not enough. I detest Ronaldo, but by god that man puts the effort in, works at every aspect of the game and his physical condition. Gray just hasn’t got and will never have that level of awareness. 

I'm not sure why you brought Spurs fans into this but..  it's sad, but if you, me and Brendan Rodgers can't sort him out then let's give up on him.

I detest Renaldo too. I really do. Unfathomably. Oh actually - my family lives in the Barcelona catchment area (and he's a see you etc.). 

I'd like Rodgers to sit down with him and explain the importance of the pass. I think it's quite old fashioned to think of strikers as the most valuable players these days. I'm not so sure goals = price any more. Even goalkeepers are breaking records. Gray should learn this.

Edited by trabuch

48 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I am hopeful that we will see a change in his end product this season. He can be quality at times. We will see

more of it next season I believe 

You probably said that at the start of last season and the one before that too

I think his attitude and work rate has improved. But his decision making and shooting haven’t. His shots are all either passes to the keeper, or close to but on the wrong side of the woodwork. I don’t quite understand it.

I still hold some hope for Nacho, and possibly Ghezzal. I hadn’t even fully given up on Musa by the time he left. Those three are ‘confidence players’ who can play well if/when they have confidence. Gray on the other hand is a player full of confidence who can’t play well. I gave up hoping he’d develop about two seasons ago.

Anyway, I wondered if selling him might upset a few of his buddies, but from the sounds of some ITKs on here, even his teammates are getting a bit tired of his football. Seems to hang out less with Chilly and Madders as well now due to his new baby, and they’ve got a new bff in Youri. Just need to find a buyer now... although I don’t think we’ll find one and he’ll probably end up seeing out the rest of his contract here on the bench.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly this. 

I don't really think his U21 performances are that much different really. Average standard of opposition is lower as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1