Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

27 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

He reminds me of Zaha except when Zahas greedy he usually does something 

These type of player must be Greedy,to arrogant levels,they are usually playing,in those  moments, 1st- 2nd striker roles..the coach would expect them to take it on..!!  50% of the fans will see it one way,the other 50%  the other!!

If Vardy messes up,frustation....let's get on with it!!  Gray,Madison,etc fluff it...

..Greedy send them out on loan!!!?

It's part of the game...they score,they assist..they go to heaven.. They miss they are doomed for eternity...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

29 minutes ago, Shane said:

In the PL last year:

Deulofeu - 10 goals, 5 assists

Jota - 9 goals, 5 assists

Anderson - 9 goals, 4 assists

Fraser - 7 goals, 14 assists

Brooks - 7 goals, 5 assists

Richarlison - 13 goals, 2 assists

Those are the sort of numbers we need our wingers to be producing if we want to finish 7th or above. 

Ryan Sessegnon has 8 goal contributions, despite having a poor season and playing for Fulham. Gray has 5 goal contributions.

I’d be fine with keeping Gray if he had other skillsets such as an ability to create chances, positional awareness or made intelligent runs in behind. Truth is the only assets he has is his pace and dribbling ability. The same as Schlupp. Jeff is 26 now and is still the same player as he was when he first got his chance with us. In my opinion, based on the evidence we have seen, the same will happen with Gray.

Those are some very good examples as I honestly didn't know and, not all from the Man City's of this world either. Nevertheless, if you look at the teams those players come from, our goals for tally is roughly similar suggesting that we somehow manage to get the same goals from somewhere and just not our wingers. You also have to throw into the mix perhaps that all those players you mention, when able, play a full game every match whereas Gray has still been a bit part player.

Most of those players above would be an absolute bonus for us given pethaps the price may be prohibitive when you look at what Anderson and Richarlison cost and, in relation to their two teams, their goals masked the fact that neither have an effective striker like Vardy to bag the goals and arguably we're better off with Vardy. Whilst desirable, I don't see us splashing out the required amount of money on a winger of such similar calibre this close season. Tielemans or a player very similar is the priority to progess I feel. Second, is a back up for Vardy both to cover injury/fatigue and for the future. With that money spent, and with the fact we have Barnes, Albrighton, Gray and Ghezzal, I think they'll persist with those for another season unless we can find a cheaper up and coming gem again like Marhez again. Mention has been made on here of Bowen who could perhaps fulfil two roles by all accounts and wouldn't be in the Richarlison or Anderson price bracket. It's just whether he falls intothe buy cheap buy twice bracket.

I

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I would like him to take that 2nd striker 

Role,with Vardy.....

Let's be honest...We love the banter..our opinions we try with  the hard-sell..:D,

But in the end. We now have to see how

Rodgers & coaching staff will decide on

how their own approach to the Nacho & Grays futures (and other players ) will be!!

Male no mistake football managers & coaches,see their charges/ players totally different to the fans....

In general the fans are pretty useless...

But fantastic on getting the "well-being"

right..!!

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

These type of player must be Greedy,to arrogant levels,they are usually playing,in those  moments, 1st- 2nd striker roles..the coach would expect them to take it on..!!  50% of the fans will see it one way,the other 50%  the other!!

If Vardy messes up,frustation....let's get on with it!!  Gray,Madison,etc fluff it...

It's part of the game...they score,they assist..they go to heaven.. They miss they are doomed for eternity...!!

Vardy isn’t greedy 

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Maddison can be greedy but it’s forgoveable given the amount of assists and goals he contributes, Gray doesn’t have that privelage, he contributes bare minimum in goals and assists, I would say that’s largely down to being greedy with poor decision making 

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Those are some very good examples as I honestly didn't know and, not all from the Man City's of this world either. Nevertheless, if you look at the teams those players come from, our goals for tally is roughly similar suggesting that we somehow manage to get the same goals from somewhere and just not our wingers. You also have to throw into the mix perhaps that all those players you mention, when able, play a full game every match whereas Gray has still been a bit part player.

Most of those players above would be an absolute bonus for us given pethaps the price may be prohibitive when you look at what Anderson and Richarlison cost and, in relation to their two teams, their goals masked the fact that neither have an effective striker like Vardy to bag the goals and arguably we're better off with Vardy. Whilst desirable, I don't see us splashing out the required amount of money on a winger of such similar calibre this close season. Tielemans or a player very similar is the priority to progess I feel. Second, is a back up for Vardy both to cover injury/fatigue and for the future. With that money spent, and with the fact we have Barnes, Albrighton, Gray and Ghezzal, I think they'll persist with those for another season unless we can find a cheaper up and coming gem again like Marhez again. Mention has been made on here of Bowen who could perhaps fulfil two roles by all accounts and wouldn't be in the Richarlison or Anderson price bracket. It's just whether he falls intothe buy cheap buy twice bracket.

I think we’d be foolish to think we can persist with those wingers and push for top 6, injuries to Barnes and albrighton and we’re playing with bottom 3 calibre widemen

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I think we’d be foolish to think we can persist with those wingers and push for top 6, injuries to Barnes and albrighton and we’re playing with bottom 3 calibre widemen

100% correct and im sure the club see it like this.

We need that world level ability on the wing to push top 6 as well as that world level ability that came from Tielemens. These are 2 signing that are critical to where we want to be.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

We definitely need a winger this summer to give us an additional goal threat. Would hope it would be to replace rachid and gray improved, but it wouldn't be a massive loss if we had to sell gray to upgrade. Hes got such ability but he doesn't seem to have any form of consistency despite playing a lot of matches for us now and I'm sure Brendon will already formed his own opinion of him. 

2 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

It's all about money though and I can't see them spending it. I think there are other priorities before spending on wingers that's all,  you're can of course change formations and play without wingers . Notwithstanding all the other money they're shelling out on other projects they have a model now that I think they'll stick to. I don't see them blowing 50m say on a winger. Sustainability of the club first, they've already blown a lot of money on ill advised buys.

Edited by volpeazzurro

2 hours ago, Tanya said:

Yeah I'm not sure the club can trust Gray to be our first choice winger. After Youri this would be my next priority.  Also, and I love him, I don't think Marc scores many either

He never has but then that’s not his value to the team. 

• Like 1

Albrington's decision making is way ahead of Gray's.   Gray drives me crazy coz I think he could be a great player - but he clearly isn't working on his flaws coz he has the same issues now as when he arrived (--- OK his defensive contribution's gone up - I will give him that).   Either the club are not trying to sort him out - or he is not applying himself ... or both.  Frankly there is too much training time on team stff and not enough personal development as we have a histroy of players who do not progress and repeat their errors over and over.  Slimani, Ghazzel, silva, musa etc etc.

21 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Albrington's decision making is way ahead of Gray's.   Gray drives me crazy coz I think he could be a great player - but he clearly isn't working on his flaws coz he has the same issues now as when he arrived (--- OK his defensive contribution's gone up - I will give him that).   Either the club are not trying to sort him out - or he is not applying himself ... or both.  Frankly there is too much training time on team stff and not enough personal development as we have a histroy of players who do not progress and repeat their errors over and over.  Slimani, Ghazzel, silva, musa etc etc.

Says a lot, the fact that Andros Townsend would  be our best winger. Defiantly the one area we need serious quality.

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Didn't bournemouth want afew year ago and were prepared to offer around 20m for hi. 

He must feel abit left out cos no club after him now. 

Yeah, I think we rejected a £25m offer and then gave him a £50k p/w 5 year contract a couple of days after puel was appointed. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's all about money though and I can't see them spending it. I think there are other priorities before spending on wingers that's all,  you're can of course change formations and play without wingers . Notwithstanding all the other money they're shelling out on other projects they have a model now that I think they'll stick to. I don't see them blowing 50m say on a winger. Sustainability of the club first, they've already blown a lot of money on ill advised buys.

Yeah got ya, think if we got offered 20mil for gray they wouldn’t refuse and then reinvest but you’re right cm and another striker are priorities, robben on a free for a year would’ve been perfect 

Edited by Clarkey123

On 14/06/2019 at 19:41, Crispin LA said:

Didn't bournemouth want afew year ago and were prepared to offer around 20m for hi. 

He must feel abit left out cos no club after him now. 

They're obsessed with him down here. It's ridiculous, you'd think he's prime Ronaldo speaking to them. 

• Haha 1

On 14/06/2019 at 16:06, Tanya said:

Yeah I'm not sure the club can trust Gray to be our first choice winger. After Youri this would be my next priority.  Also, and I love him, I don't think Marc scores many either

Who's going to score the goals if Vardy gets injured?  Can he play every game in league and cups?  We have no cover at all. We have a choice of 4 wingers or can play a formation without them. Therefore, though desirable,  a winger is hardly a priority as you put it. Only so much money will be spent, it needs spending wisely. No more squad players.