Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

Would have thought a few seasons ago when he was whining about not getting game time, that he would have worked harder and pulled his socks up. I honestly believe he believes his own hype to be honest. I am so tired of watching players scream at him to pass, just to see him run into 4 defenders or hit the ball at the defenders. Worse yet sky it over the stand. I get so frustrated to hear the commenter say "Gray should have done much better. At least hit the target". Had my say on Gray. Time to count our losses and move on.

Edited by LCFCSOULBOY
Misspelling

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

23 year olds don’t have a character then?

This response make no sense, with regard to either my wider point or the specific mention of his character. Clearly in order to have his character 'assassinated' he has to have one in the first place.

The charitable option is to assume you are on the windup, choosing to misunderstand on purpose. Otherwise it's hard not to draw the obvious conclusion.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

Appears very damning on first sight, but Maguire also has about 3,500 minutes more than Gray (roughly a full season) over the last few years.

Still not pretty reading.

Maguire hasn’t played any of those minutes as a winger though

16 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

This response make no sense, with regard to either my wider point or the specific mention of his character. Clearly in order to have his character 'assassinated' he has to have one in the first place.

The charitable option is to assume you are on the windup, choosing to misunderstand on purpose. Otherwise it's hard not to draw the obvious conclusion.

Picasso :D

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

In 101 PL apps Maguire has 7 goals and 6 assists.

In 111 PL apps Gray has 8 goals and 6 assists. 

That is absolutely damning.

TBF to Gray that will still be a lot less minutes but even so...........

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

In 101 PL apps Maguire has 7 goals and 6 assists.

In 111 PL apps Gray has 8 goals and 6 assists. 

Fuchs 9 in 96 apps

Ben Chilwell has 6 assists in 72 apps

Slimani 5 in 39 apps

Here's a selection of players with more assist last season: Sokratis, Stuart Armstrong, Ben Mee, Bobby Reid, Junior Stanislas, Isaac Hayden, Solly March, Dwight McNeil etc 

He's so uncreative lol 

There’s a lot of reasonable critical opinion here.  In pure footballing terms, I think many of us now feel if Gray makes it, it won’t be here, and we all know why.  (Though wouldn’t life be ideal if every talented player came good with us.)  But outside judging the football …

Such intense bitterness from some quarters, about a 23-year-old who hasn't quite cracked on?!  Full of certainty about the inner workings of a kid none of us knows.  ITKs at work.  The Sean from Enderbys of the psychology profession.

This particular character-assassination shit rain also falls on a just-under-PL-standard player like Ghezzal.  A productive youngster like Maddison who temporarily stalls during his rookie PL season.   And (long before he ever went on strike) a player as good as Mahrez.  Who will be next?

in scapegoating, uncomfortable feelings such as anger, frustration, envy, guilt, shame, and insecurity are displaced or redirected onto another, often more vulnerable, person or group. The scapegoats are then persecuted, enabling the scapegoaters to discharge and distract from their negative feelings, which are replaced or overtaken by a crude but consoling sense of affirmation and self-righteous indignation.   - Dr Neel Burton

• Like 2

Grays future fepends upon the willinings of bredan to invest effort in him... and thisvon tirn deprnds on bredans belief that he can improve gray.  Key to this eill be grays own desire to adresss his weaknesses.  If he isnt willing to push in then why would Brendan. 

If Bredan thinks the stars align then we should support this.  It's make or break time

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Grays future fepends upon the willinings of bredan to invest effort in him... and thisvon tirn deprnds on bredans belief that he can improve gray.  Key to this eill be grays own desire to adresss his weaknesses.  If he isnt willing to push in then why would Brendan. 

If Bredan thinks the stars align then we should support this.  It's make or break time

Gray was saying the right things at the end of last season, and acknowledged his lack of end product. Hopefully, self-awareness will lead to self-improvement.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

There’s a lot of reasonable critical opinion here.  In pure footballing terms, I think many of us now feel if Gray makes it, it won’t be here, and we all know why.  (Though wouldn’t life be ideal if every talented player came good with us.)  But outside judging the football …

Such intense bitterness from some quarters, about a 23-year-old who hasn't quite cracked on?!  Full of certainty about the inner workings of a kid none of us knows.  ITKs at work.  The Sean from Enderbys of the psychology profession.

This particular character-assassination shit rain also falls on a just-under-PL-standard player like Ghezzal.  A productive youngster like Maddison who temporarily stalls during his rookie PL season.   And (long before he ever went on strike) a player as good as Mahrez.  Who will be next?

in scapegoating, uncomfortable feelings such as anger, frustration, envy, guilt, shame, and insecurity are displaced or redirected onto another, often more vulnerable, person or group. The scapegoats are then persecuted, enabling the scapegoaters to discharge and distract from their negative feelings, which are replaced or overtaken by a crude but consoling sense of affirmation and self-righteous indignation.   - Dr Neel Burton

If 'scapegoating' is wrong to try and find a reason why he's not kicked on, then we're just left with the fact that he's just not good enough for this level. 

At his age, if he were an academy product, we'd have pillorred him more and said he wasn't good enough and to get rid, 2 years ago. 

There's a reason some of us think we need another winger, that there's a thread in the transfers section about a 30-50 million winger. It's because Gray isn't that player that we'd hope for. 

Forgetting all the possible and potential reasons for anything that we could try and make guess work of... It's simple reality. 

Our manager, Brenden Rodgers has specifically stated he likes his teams without egos and players playing for each other within the system to make it work. He does not want arm throwers in our squad, as highlighted in the Mercury article. 

Now if you read the reports of people who were at the Rotherham game, they've clearly stated that Demarai Gray is that type of player. 

He makes the wrong footballing choices and when he himself makes the mistakes, throws his arms up in exasperation. So if Brandan has been here a few months now, and that sort of mentality is still within Gray... 

So either it's a psychological thing, which we have no insight into... Or he's just not that good at all and our frustrations have come out because after 4 years, we're tired of waiting for him to fulfill 'potential' with us. 

• Like 1

Just now, majaco said:

In the Ake thread, a lot of posters want rid of Gray.  I would like him to stay.  I think Rogers can get something out of him.  

Literally look up 2 posts, see my last one about Gray and see why we do want rid and why he won't come good. 

9 minutes ago, majaco said:

In the Ake thread, a lot of posters want rid of Gray.  I would like him to stay.  I think Rogers can get something out of him.  

Yeah, he can get a reduction in the fee for Ake if we and Bournemouth are so interested:ph34r::teehee:

• Like 1

I'd say Jeffrey Schlupp made more of a difference than Gray overall.

Interesting that if you look at the previews for the season ahead the praise is centered on players like Chilwell, Maddison, Tielmans and Ricardo. I'd say Gray hasn't even been mentioned.

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Maybe he needs a move to kick start his development, he just seems too comfortable here and has gotten lazy.

I know it has been said before but the Problem I have with him is his decision making !!

Im not sure that you can teach a player that.

Look... its time for bredan to lay it on the line 

What he wants to see...what he doesnt want to see

What improvements gray has to make. ..and by when.

Without this the situation will drift and that wont help anyone

Bredan can offer to help develop gray. .. but the results have to come.

Lets see what bredan does

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Look... its time for bredan to lay it on the line 

What he wants to see...what he doesnt want to see

What improvements gray has to make. ..and by when.

Without this the situation will drift and that wont help anyone

Bredan can offer to help develop gray. .. but the results have to come.

Lets see what bredan does

Are you ok? You've managed to spell Brendan wrong 3 times, or are you doing this on purpose?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1