Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

I

On 14/06/2019 at 01:25, fuchsntf said:

I would like him to take that 2nd striker 

Role,with Vardy.....

Let's be honest...We love the banter..our opinions we try with  the hard-sell..:D,

But in the end. We now have to see how

Rodgers & coaching staff will decide on

how their own approach to the Nacho & Grays futures (and other players ) will be!!

Male no mistake football managers & coaches,see their charges/ players totally different to the fans....

In general the fans are pretty useless...

But fantastic on getting the "well-being"

right..!!

There is a lot of negative East midland grumpy nonsense on here...

Yes the lad seems to be a long time here,yes he's not set  the pitch on fire...but he's still seen as a good player selection

For the under 21s.

The lad is just 22,we has a club are not suffering by keeping him,encouraging

and supporting him..he has the technical ability and skill set...

He ain't Ronaldo.So what!!!!!

Even now it's too early to start critiscing his future..

Some Dozos even layed into Schlupp...

The other week,from this forum..And he has turned out to be a good decent PL player..nothing special,but is doing a job for Palace...

Majority of PL players are just above average..now and again comes a Ronaldo,or way down the list .great unique club players like Vardy..then there are the routine but good honest,occasionally exception players...Gray can now show where and what heights he's destined for.. you can all go on positive or like this forum negative gripes...we just don't really know!!?..

This forum as never been clever or wise in picking a good player...too much concentration on false punditry,instead of wise inductive Banter.....Too much..ggggrrr!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

There is a lot of negative East midland grumpy nonsense on here...

Yes the lad seems to be a long time here,yes he's not set  the pitch on fire...but he's still seen as a good player selection

For the under 21s.

The lad is just 22,we has a club are not suffering by keeping him,encouraging

and supporting him..he has the technical ability and skill set...

He ain't Ronaldo.So what!!!!!

Even now it's too early to start critiscing his future..

Some Dozos even layed into Schlupp...

The other week,from this forum..And he has turned out to be a good decent PL player..nothing special,but is doing a job for Palace...

Majority of PL players are just above average..now and again comes a Ronaldo,or way down the list .great unique club players like Vardy..then there are the routine but good honest,occasionally exception players...Gray can now show where and what heights he's destined for.. you can all go on positive or like this forum negative gripes...we just don't really know!!?..

This forum as never been clever or wise in picking a good player...too much concentration on false punditry,instead of wise inductive Banter.....Too much..ggggrrr!!

23 next week

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

That’s a pretty fair and well written article. Quite unusual for SKY sources of late.

A well written piece, i think we'd regret letting him go this summer. He just needs that breakout passage of his career and hopefully it can be here and he will prove him self worth keeping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

which is still pretty young in Footballing terms

He hasn't really developed in the 3 years he's been here though. And 23 isn't really that young in "footballing terms", he's a winger that relies on pace and energy, he's probably got 7 or 8 seasons left before that starts to fade away. He needs a big season with 15 goal contributions this season imo. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

A well written piece, i think we'd regret letting him go this summer. He just needs that breakout passage of his career and hopefully it can be here and he will prove him self worth keeping.

I'm not sure we will.

It's not like a Kramaric scenario where he is here for 3 to 4 months and flourishes elsewhere, leaving us to wonder what if.

Gray has been here 3 and a half seasons and we still are waiting for a breakthrough.

If he does the business elsewhere so be it. We need him to step up soon.

My memory is shite and I am old but there was an assist Gray made that was Bale-esque in one game.  He punted the ball round a player and ran after it with such velocity and purpose it was scary.  I think he was almost off the pitch at one point as he went round the player?  Cannot remember the game or opposition but it was amazing.   It is a shame he cannot seem to do it more often.  I am one of those "give him one more season" people but I fully understand some folk's frustration.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

My memory is shite and I am old but there was an assit Gray made that was Bale-esque in one game.  He punted the ball round a player and ran after it with such velocitya and purpose it was scary.  I think he was almost off the pitch at one point as he went round the player?  Cannot remember the game or opposition but it was amazing.   It is a shame he cannot seem to do it more often.  I am one of those "give him one more season" people but I fully understand some folk's frustration.  X

Everton at home? Finished with a lovely weighted ball to Riyad which he then slid across to Vardy?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He hasn't really developed in the 3 years he's been here though. And 23 isn't really that young in "footballing terms", he's a winger that relies on pace and energy, he's probably got 7 or 8 seasons left before that starts to fade away. He needs a big season with 15 goal contributions this season imo. 

The worrying thing is his Birmingham academy coach saying the same thing when he was young. Beginning to look like he will never kick on !

I’m a huge defender of the lad but his awareness in terms of getting into goalscoring positions in the box is pretty horrendous. Needs a Sterling/Zaha like improvement in regards to his end product, or I’m afraid he’s done here. 7 or 8 in both the goals and assists columns next year would be a very decent improvemt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was the game, and moment that I thought was really going to kick it off for him.

Same, especially as it was Claude's first game. He had another few good games after that and I really hoped a change in management would be the making of him. Rodgers used him a lot early on to before benching him. They eluded to this in the Sky article and the stat of managers favouring him at first before preferring alternative options in the starting XI is very telling. Gary really needs a good start to the season if he gets the opportunities

If anybody is going to find a way to play to his huge potential its going to be Rodgers. Throughout the 8/9 years that I've followed him I see it time after time. 

Always helping and finding ways to help players reach their potential and beyond. He's always looking for that extra gear. Always looking for an edge.

Sometimes dropping players back in position to better cope with the tempo of the game and their natural ability. Creating patterns of play in the box to give players a better opportunity to score goals. I know that we will find out this season whether Gray and Iheanacho make it at this club.

But nothing will stop the absolute joy I get from watching the success he has in turning belief into results. Its why I follow Brendan Rodgers.

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

If anybody is going to find a way to play to his huge potential its going to be Rodgers. Throughout the 8/9 years that I've followed him I see it time after time. 

Always helping and finding ways to help players reach their potential and beyond. He's always looking for that extra gear. Always looking for an edge.

Sometimes dropping players back in position to better cope with the tempo of the game and their natural ability. Creating patterns of play in the box to give players a better opportunity to score goals. I know that we will find out this season whether Gray and Iheanacho make it at this club.

But nothing will stop the absolute joy I get from watching the success he has in turning belief into results. Its why I follow Brendan Rodgers.

Cool

On 17/06/2019 at 19:34, SO1 said:

Just be fearless & believe..

On 17/06/2019 at 17:09, lcfc sheff said:

That is the Gray we need to see, look at all that potential 

This when the lad actually knocks the ball out of his feet & runs directly at any defence he looks a threat but he seems to have stopped doing that as regularly. Whether it’s fear of making a mistake I'm not sure.