Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:31, SO1 said:

No. It has to be made this season and Rodgers will make it. The shop window is this season. 

If anybody can bring Gray on it is Rodgers, given his track record in this dept. Make or break season ahead re Gray's chequered time here I think!

• Like 1

Gray gets critised and rightly so. He scored 4 goals last season, and 4 the season before. His general play wasn't brilliant, and we can all think of plenty of occasions when he didn't take simple passes which could have created opportunities. He's had 4 seasons now with us and I don't think he's come on greatly as a player. I hope BR can motivate him and bring on his game this season and turn him into a better player.

Regarding his contract, we probably need him to sign a couple of years extension, otherwise we won't get a great deal for him next summer (if we do decide to sell him(

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, danny2997 said:

Considering some of our players get booed before stepping foot on the pitch, I would say the phrase is fairly accurate

The problem now is it's gone too far the other way and any kind of criticism is given that kind of ridiculous terminology.

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

"Hate campaigns" lol this place is ****ing ridiculous at times. 

Over 4 Seasons a small % have been Continually quite Graphic in Their Thoughts on certain players...Away From Game Instant knee-jerk reactions...

And Comments with some-witch hunts  style posts..... "Hate".  ...seems correct......Quite a few...lose it!!!

Thankfully the Backbone of this forum.....is solid with humourous und fair banter...but the modern fan,believes he /She  is the recarnations of Jimmy-hill,Brian Moore,und jimmy-greaves....und Must always go on the warpath...instead of just sitting back enjoying how Games Play out ....We over Analyse every slip....

we go well  OTT in searching for errors we forget to see the,good Moves from the same player     

We have siimply forgot to Enjoy this Beautiful & frustrating game for what it is..!!!....

We are getting less the.... "All the lads n lasses with Smiles upon their faces..."....:scarf: To a Collective and gauntlet of the hounds of the Baskervilles....:@

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

His usual inconsistent self tonight! Frustrates me as there is clearly talent there we just do not see it anywhere often enough! 

Looks so good at times, but end product generally lacking, and tends to disappear for stretches as in the second half tonight.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just too greedy.

He must be one of the most frustrating players around currently.

He has potential, but he makes the same errors time and time again (it does seem).

Not sure if he's learning from this, which is affecting his development to become more of a dangerous forward.

It's quite annoying really.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just too greedy.

... I really can't believe we are still saying that! 

There are players out there who feel they have to score a "worldie" every game to prove themselves. There is much more to the game than that and just doing the simple things would pay more dividends to the team and his reputation. 

Perhaps Gerry Taggert needs to be out there on the pitch and when he overdo and loses possession, then there will be someone, to grab him by the throat and politely enquire, about what he was thinking!! 

He needs to take a hard look at what he wants to achieve in this game and find a way of getting there. 

On 23/06/2019 at 23:35, Clever Fox said:

You are quite right with talented players in those days, especially the early names mentioned.

I had one such player play for me and an International Manager told me to My face that he wouldn't play him, Despite also saying he was the best player he had in the position. But also said he was looking for someone bigger, meaning a 6 footer.

These players have to be indulged, like we did with Mahrez. Usually their contribution on the Ball outweighs their lack of commitment elsewhere.

However, while Gray shows promise , he doesn't possess the level of skill to begin to compare him with any of the names above. There lies the dilemma. Barnes continues to improve while Gray huffs and puffs and offers very little. The one area he has improved I'd his defensive duties.

I'd sooner see us give Ghezzel a real chance or sign a green young player with similar attributes and nurse them on.

Hes so one dimensional i don't think he knows that he has two feet to play football. He is too slow for PL

I just don't think he's got what it takes to be a regular starter for a top-ten PL side unfortunately, he's far too inconsistent and to be honest he's quite one dimensional too. Really want him to come good, but doesn't look like it will happen here.

Having said that, it would be typical Leicester for us to flog him to some Bundesliga team who make him a 100m player in two seasons or something.

19 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I just don't think he's got what it takes to be a regular starter for a top-ten PL side unfortunately, he's far too inconsistent and to be honest he's quite one dimensional too. Really want him to come good, but doesn't look like it will happen here.

Having said that, it would be typical Leicester for us to flog him to some Bundesliga team who make him a 100m player in two seasons or something.

One more season with BR then make a decision, I say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

Hes so one dimensional i don't think he knows that he has two feet to play football. He is too slow for PL

He's certainly not one dimensional, He can play wide or come inside and he can beat a man.

With a full preseason I think you will see a more confident player and a bigger contribution.

He may also be moved on though to may way for one of BR preferences.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 11:31, Papasmurf said:

He’s 100% my scapegoat this season. 

On 23/06/2019 at 12:28, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm going to go for albrighton this season

For me this season it has to be VAR - absolute rubbish and too slow for the Premier League

Edited by TonyN11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2019 at 00:35, Clever Fox said:

You are quite right with talented players in those days, especially the early names mentioned.

I had one such player play for me and an International Manager told me to My face that he wouldn't play him, Despite also saying he was the best player he had in the position. But also said he was looking for someone bigger, meaning a 6 footer.

These players have to be indulged, like we did with Mahrez. Usually their contribution on the Ball outweighs their lack of commitment elsewhere.

However, while Gray shows promise , he doesn't possess the level of skill to begin to compare him with any of the names above. There lies the dilemma. Barnes continues to improve while Gray huffs and puffs and offers very little. The one area he has improved I'd his defensive duties.

I'd sooner see us give Ghezzel a real chance or sign a green young player with similar attributes and nurse them on.

With Ghezzal, Gray....we like BRodgers,have to see how pre-season and First Waves of the early games at the beginning of the Season man out...

We might have a new man,..or as I suspect Albrighton & Barnes will be the players,The 2 Gs will be Competing against for a starting place!!!

Then they will have to prove they are good super-subs....!!!   

I fear Ghezzal might fade from memory,unless he Grabs his 2nd Season by the proverbial balls

and prove bis doubters wrong....

Like always ,..all players start with My Full support,and no negative digs.They Wear the badge....First the encouragement & support is First duties!!!

• 2 weeks later...