Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

If Mitrovic had any ambition, he would come to us.

After all this time, Kelechi is BOSS at noughts and crosses, so would be quite the scalp!

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No chance. Tianjin have signed a copy for 1 Million Renmimbi. 

19 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

In a  parallel universe, far far away, Rudkin gets £40m for Slimani and we sell Silva for £15m and get Youri and a RW.

Statue of Rudkin replaces Clock tower by public demand.

We could rename it ‘The Cock Tower’ :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Mitrovic had any ambition, he would come to us.

Please stop linking this clown. Why are we rating Mitrovic so highly? Hes so overrated.... am i the only one?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Please stop linking this clown. Why are we rating Mitrovic so highly? Hes so overrated.... am i the only one?

You seem to have missed the sarcastic next statement I made!

Don`t want - he is a lump.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Really? :o

I'll believe it when I see it. 

And from the Daily Star too so it’s a goer Gerard...

Leicester could take a £20m hit on record signing Islam Slimani, currently on loan at Fenerbahce, with the 30-year-old Algeria forward expected to leave the club on a permanent basis for around £10m. (Star)

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And from the Daily Star too so it’s a goer Gerard...

Leicester could take a £20m hit on record signing Islam Slimani, currently on loan at Fenerbahce, with the 30-year-old Algeria forward expected to leave the club on a permanent basis for around £10m. (Star)

As i said I'll believe it when I see it.

31 years old this summer, high wages and hasn't done anything of note for a couple of years. I can't for the life of me see someone spend £10m on him. 

• Like 1

I would imagine the board are pretty much resigned to taking a fairly big loss on Slimani. He couldn´t prove himself here - failed miserably at Newcastle and hasn´t exactly set the world alight in Turkey. All of this, while on a huge wage could be quite a pickle for us. I imagine unless Brendan can see a way to squeeze something out of him, he could easily be out for 6-8 million. 

10 Million would be a good price for him at this stage.

His goals tally in 2016/17 was important as it helped us against Porto and it staved off potential relegation. That season we got about a 1/3 of his 30 million price.

So would be a 10 million or so write off really. Less pressure on or wage bill would also be welcome.

• Like 1

Did we really spend £29M on him though? This figure gets banded around in pounds and euros by the press and most on here, but the reality is usually a little less sensationally large. Perhaps this figure included all the add-ons if they were hit, but with the few the appearances made and his goal tally being quite low I can't imagine any add-ons were triggered. I'd be interested to know what he's cost us in reality. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

I would imagine the board are pretty much resigned to taking a fairly big loss on Slimani. He couldn´t prove himself here - failed miserably at Newcastle and hasn´t exactly set the world alight in Turkey. All of this, while on a huge wage could be quite a pickle for us. I imagine unless Brendan can see a way to squeeze something out of him, he could easily be out for 6-8 million. 

He did not fail miserably he was injured for the vast majority of his time there.

On 04/04/2019 at 11:22, MGLCFC said:

Did you expect us to win the league with Ulloa? Someone like Rondon is a good option to have from the bench. We have no Ariel threat or a player who can hold the ball up when we are under the kosh. We are a bit like Spurs with Kane, no top quality striker will want to come to Leicester and sit on the bench.

You want the Little Mermaid here? Probably better than Rondon, I'll say that.

5 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

You want the Little Mermaid here? Probably better than Rondon, I'll say that.

Rondon has had a decent season and Newcastle wouldnt be safe without him. Very underrated and miles better than Slimani. 

6 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

He did not fail miserably he was injured for the vast majority of his time there.

He made 3 appearances as a substitute and got a 3 match ban for violent conduct; given that they paid a significant loan fee for him, I would say the injury is irrelevant. Clearly didn't impress when he was fit. 

On 03/04/2019 at 09:39, peach0000 said:

Controversial opinion but...... I reckon he should be given a second chance. His first season with us was plagued with injury but he still managed a decent goal return even scoring in the champions league. Then all of a sudden he's written off by everyone. There's a top quality player in there somewhere, we just need to help him to find some form and confidence.

It’s FT again...!

lol