Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

6 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Scored the only goal against Porto, doesn't that make him a legend?

He may have been a poor signing and we were massively ripped off, but we'll remember that goal against Porto forever.

i think the Price tag was the problem here.

if we’d have spent much less the pressure and expectations wouldn’t have been so high and if would have been easier for us, as fans, to just move on and put him into the ‘you win some you lose some’ category.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd just love to know who picked a player with such a poor touch.

i don't believe any Scout worth his salt would have promoted him.

never mind his attitude.

He scored about 30 goals for Sporting the season we bought him and I can remember their fans saying he was the best player they had ever had.

59 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He scored about 30 goals for Sporting the season we bought him and I can remember their fans saying he was the best player they had ever had.

Then they got Dost that scored more consistently and it showed had bad slimani was

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd just love to know who picked a player with such a poor touch.

i don't believe any Scout worth his salt would have promoted him.

never mind his attitude.

He had one of the best records in Europe. He was an absolute goal machine and matched everything we needed.

good scouting and an absolute coup for us to sign him. On paper all looked great and no stone was left unturned looking for the right player. We already had Ulloa and we weren’t looking for a big man as such, we were looking for the complete centre forward. 

unfortunately he is a Cnut and it didn’t work out.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

He had one of the best records in Europe. He was an absolute goal machine and matched everything we needed.

good scouting and an absolute coup for us to sign him. On paper all looked great and no stone was left unturned looking for the right player. We already had Ulloa and we weren’t looking for a big man as such, we were looking for the complete centre forward. 

I’d love to hear some specifics around why he’s a cnunt, so many rumours..

12 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

He's also a long way from the complete Centre Forward. when scouting players you have to look beyond the goals in his case. He also has such limited ability that I question the people who chose him.

You're also right he was never a team player.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:47, Clever Fox said:

He's also a long way from the complete Centre Forward. when scouting players you have to look beyond the goals in his case. He also has such limited ability that I question the people who chose him.

You're also right he was never a team player.

Still remember Albrighton having a right slanging match with him during one match because he made a mess of things once to often, then Marc ran down the line and said a few things to the peeps in the dugout whilst pointing at Slimani, guess he did not rate him much either that match lol

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Still remember Albrighton having a right slanging match with him during one match because he made a mess of things once to often, then Marc ran down the line and said a few things to the peeps in the dugout whilst pointing at Slimani, guess he did not rate him much either that match lol

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps n I'd be happy. Just get him off our wage bill. 

Real shame it hasn’t worked out for Slimani he obviously is superb in the Portuguese league but dreadful in the Premier league and Sounds like the Turkish league too, reading some articles it seems his attitude leaves a lot to be desired and he thinks he’s a lot better than he actually is !!

Seems like we’ll be getting a huge loss when we sell him on  but I suppose getting him off the wage bill will certainly be a bonus for us, shame he didn’t work out for us but let’s just draw a line under him and move him on !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2019 at 09:39, peach0000 said:

Controversial opinion but...... I reckon he should be given a second chance. His first season with us was plagued with injury but he still managed a decent goal return even scoring in the champions league. Then all of a sudden he's written off by everyone. There's a top quality player in there somewhere, we just need to help him to find some form and confidence.

Im pretty shaw that Brendon will give him a chance pre season. He doesnt seem to write anybody off without a thorough look. 

21 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Im pretty shaw that Brendon will give him a chance pre season. He doesnt seem to write anybody off without a thorough look. 

Also said though, on numerous occasions, that our forwards need to be mobile and press from the front. Given he’s allegedly on £80k p/w with a year left on his contract, I reckon we’ll take what we can for him. Can’t see us ever seeing old Slim in a competitive game again.

On 03/04/2019 at 11:13, peach0000 said:

I can't even remember that being a thing but if that is the case vardy would need to be professional and forget about it. 

...not just with Vardy!!!!!

Numerous players were dissatisfied with his application and it was quite obvious there is friction there. Quite noticeable he would not  compete for crosses unless they required the minimum of effort from him, glaringly selective in his play.

Does not fit the team, no where as good as people remember, so our only real option is to sell!!!!

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not just with Vardy!!!!!

Numerous players were dissatisfied with his application and it was quite obvious there is friction there. Quite noticeable he would not  compete for crosses unless they required the minimum of effort from him, glaringly selective in his play.

Does not fit the team, no where as good as people remember, so our only real option is to sell!!!!

111A288C-91DF-4EFA-B55E-DCD5DA42C2B8.gif

12 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Also said though, on numerous occasions, that our forwards need to be mobile and press from the front. Given he’s allegedly on £80k p/w with a year left on his contract, I reckon we’ll take what we can for him. Can’t see us ever seeing old Slim in a competitive game again.

Two years left... :dry:

He's quite a decent presser of the ball and deceptively mobile. It doesn't seem like he fits in the dressing room but he's more of a threat than Iheanacho, if we could get £10m for him now we'd snap any clubs hand off but I can't see anyone spending close to that.

On 03/05/2019 at 12:44, Stadt said:

He's quite a decent presser of the ball and deceptively mobile. It doesn't seem like he fits in the dressing room but he's more of a threat than Iheanacho, if we could get £10m for him now we'd snap any clubs hand off but I can't see anyone spending close to that.

What’re the chances Rodgers will take a good look at him?

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

What’re the chances Rodgers will take a good look at him?

No idea, you’d think he’d give him a look in preseason at least  

On 03/05/2019 at 12:44, Stadt said:

A career in dry cleaning beckons

• Haha 2