Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

45 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

What’re the chances Rodgers will take a good look at him?

I would think nil. Rodgers will have been informed of his attitude and disruption he caused in the squad. 

Why would Rodgers want to bring in a player he knows most of the squad don't get on with. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would think nil. Rodgers will have been informed of his attitude and disruption he caused in the squad. 

Why would Rodgers want to bring in a player he knows most of the squad don't get on with. 

I thought the same, just with possible money constraints I thought there maybe a slim (pun not intended) chance that he might have a look. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

What’re the chances Rodgers will take a good look at him?

I wonder if we’re going to have to put him in preseason training to spruce him up, and play him in a couple of friendlies just to get him in the shop window. I can’t see very many clubs offering to spend money on a transfer right now considering how terribly he’s played for Fenerbahçe this season. 

• Like 1

I don't think there's any chance we'll see him play for the club again, and I'm more than happy about that. He's rubbish, and clearly a bellend. Hopefully, we can loan him out again and get some other chumps to pay some of his wages before his contract runs out. I think a sale is wishful thinking.

• Haha 2

Thankfully he was excellent at Sporting and they will probably be in for him at an albeit cut-price rate. It´s hard to say whether it was a case of application or simply an inability to adapt. I imagine he didn´t have to do a lot of the pressing he was required to here, playing for a dominant team in their domestic league. Either way, he doesn´t meet our new ethos and should be shipped off as quickly as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Wants to stay in the prem according to the mirror and has rejected olympiakos. Basically reading it as no way he’s leaving his lovely contract until the end of it! £££

Let Villa have him!

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Who ever scouted him needs to be tarred and feathered.

It is the price that is the issue. He's probably a £10-12 million player that cost £30 million.

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

It is the price that is the issue. He's probably a £10-12 million player that cost £30 million.

Definitely. Panic buy from a team that could afford to hold out for big money.

his goal scoring record was good and we thought we needed a big guy to support Vardy.

On 06/05/2019 at 11:18, sylofox said:

I'm not saying this disruptive influence thing isn't true because I'd heard the rumour too but, is it just one of those urban myth type rumours or did anyone on here actually ever put something on here that was a bit more substantive? Also, similar with regards to Vardy etc, any evidence there as well. As for effort, he certainly seemed to put more in than Iheanacho and certainly had more about him as a footballer. Again, I'm not saying its wrong but it does seem very short on actual detail.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, weller54 said:

.. Too lenient!! 

Put him in a locked room with Suzie the Fox! 

I thought it was supposed to be a punishment. 

Vicente Iborra never complained about being locked in a room with Suzie the Fox. He enjoyed it so much, he had to move back to Spain as was too knackered to play football

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I thought he was decent and a good option.

I don't know what player you were watching then.. because it seems to me that we employed an ice-skater rather than a footballer. #muggedoff

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm not saying this disruptive influence thing isn't true because I'd heard the rumour too but, is it just one of those urban myth type rumours or did anyone on here actually ever put something on here that was a bit more substantive? Also, similar with regards to Vardy etc, any evidence there as well. As for effort, he certainly seemed to put more in than Iheanacho and certainly had more about him as a footballer. Again, I'm not saying its wrong but it does seem very short on actual detail.

Certainly been nothing come out from sources that it would make you think it's an indisputable fact. At the moment for me it's nothing more than one of those self perpetuating rumours. 

Not sure I've even seen Geoff Peters say anything on here to substantiate it either??

Bloke clearly was pissing a few people off on the pitch. Albrighton is a pretty mild mannered guy and he lost it with Slim once, so that alone makes me think there might be something to it. But I don't know why people are so insistent it's true with so little info out there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I don't know what player you were watching then.. because it seems to me that we employed an ice-skater rather than a footballer. #muggedoff

His fist season he looked half decent half way through. Stuff happened, whether it was assists or goals. The facts speak for themselves in terms of his contribution, but he was also clearly one of them that one minute would look great. The next minute he'd miss an open goal or control the ball with his shins to their player.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

His fist season he looked half decent half way through. Stuff happened, whether it was assists or goals. The facts speak for themselves in terms of his contribution, but he was also clearly one of them that one minute would look great. The next minute he'd miss an open goal or control the ball with his shins to their player.

He's not a bad player at all, and i'd argue Iheanacho isn't either. Both suffered here or out on loan a crisis of confidence which exaggerates how limited and poor they now look. Slimani clearly maximised his ability at Sporting and we grossly overpaid for him but in the right system he is a danger at any level, whether than can be found again remains to be seen as he is now in his 30's and seems a prickly character.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Maybe he just came here with 30 million Euros worth of 'I'm you're biggest signing' attitude. You can see how that would go down like a shit balloon with such a tight-knit squad, especially given what they'd just achieved. Whatever the reason, there was a definite on-pitch irritation with his arm-waving and general attitude.

If it was the case he was too full of himself, surely the last couple of years would knocked him down a peg or two - the big 'I am' would me more laughable than annoying now. The problem might be more that he's two years older and the wrong side of 30.

If he's physically OK and can sort his attitude there was definitely a player in there somewhere...

• Like 2