Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Yep . Probably a bit harsh ( re Adebayor) - I’m amazed they are still playing though and can’t believe they can be up to much these days 

I mean, Demba Ba had a goal scoring record better than 1 in 2 before becoming a bit part player at Chelsea, who didn't really need him.

I'd have had him at City if he fancied bagging 20 a season.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

We may be clowns but we would be absolutely certifiable if we let them have our pants down for a third time.

All I'm saying is make them pay if they want him, we know they've got the money.

We don’t have any power in this situation, Sporting or anyone else aren’t going to pay over the odds for a player we clearly don’t want. We either ship him out cheap or he sits in the reserves til his contract expires whilst we’re paying his chunky contract. 

19 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

We don’t have any power in this situation, Sporting or anyone else aren’t going to pay over the odds for a player we clearly don’t want. We either ship him out cheap or he sits in the reserves til his contract expires whilst we’re paying his chunky contract. 

No, I know.

We will have to ship him out at a massive loss, just not to Sporting.  If Sporting want him, make them pay.  They are the one club that actually rate him given the goals he scored for them.  I just can't countenance giving them £29m for a player and then giving them the same player back for buttons a couple of years later.  

Being shafted three times in three years by Sporting would be too much.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, I know.

We will have to ship him out at a massive loss, just not to Sporting.  If Sporting want him, make them pay.  They are the one club that actually rate him given the goals he scored for them.  I just can't countenance giving them £29m for a player and then giving them the same player back for buttons a couple of years later.  

Being shafted three times in three years by Sporting would be too much.

Buttons? We'll be lucky.

Didn't they offer to take him on loan last season but wanted us to cover half his wages? 

Cheeky bastards. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Buttons? We'll be lucky.

Didn't they offer to take him on loan last season but wanted us to cover half his wages? 

Cheeky bastards. :D

Yeah, cus they're always saying that they've got no money.

Perhaps they've lost that £54m down the back of the sofa or something.  They must think we're stupid and given our recent dealings with them, why wouldn't they?

When you're Man Utd you shouldn't be taking a chance on anyone from the lower leagues. They shop at the top end of the market and top Championship players should be left for the likes of us to take a chance on.

I've found their links to Dan James and Ben Godfrey quite baffling. Never having seen either play but there is a good chance both end up as mid table PL players which is no good for Man Utd. They don't really have the opportunity and time to invest in these type of players. It's a bit like them keeping hold of the likes of Drinkwater instead of selling him. Drinkwater became a good PL player but only after Leicester invested plenty of playing time in him which is something Man Utd couldn't afford to do. 

I think this sudden change of policy to buy the better rated young British players is doomed to failure for them. It's fair enough trying to buy the best young players in the world like Joao Felix but the likes of James, Godfrey and Longstaff should be beneath them as they're a level or two below. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

When you're Man Utd you shouldn't be taking a chance on anyone from the lower leagues. They shop at the top end of the market and top Championship players should be left for the likes of us to take a chance on.

I've found their links to Dan James and Ben Godfrey quite baffling. Never having seen either play but there is a good chance both end up as mid table PL players which is no good for Man Utd. They don't really have the opportunity and time to invest in these type of players. It's a bit like them keeping hold of the likes of Drinkwater instead of selling him. Drinkwater became a good PL player but only after Leicester invested plenty of playing time in him which is something Man Utd couldn't afford to do. 

I think this sudden change of policy to buy the better rated young British players is doomed to failure for them. It's fair enough trying to buy the best young players in the world like Joao Felix but the likes of James, Godfrey and Longstaff should be beneath them as they're a level or two below. 

Man Utd won't have any success until they return to the policy that brought Beckham Ciggs, Scholles, Neville's and Butt through to their first team.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Man Utd won't have any success until they return to the policy that brought Beckham Ciggs, Scholles, Neville's and Butt through to their first team.  

Ciggs and Butt - smoking combination. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Didn’t he single handedly send us down to league one? lol sure he scored a hat trick for saints on the final day 

Who cares?  It was a joke about John Player Special, some of my finest work just there and you're ruining it.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

I think this sudden change of policy to buy the better rated young British players is doomed to failure for them.

Their road to mid-table hell is paved with Ed Woodward’s good intentions.

oohShiny.JPG.4cd81ac4f80952757522096cf11ab8b4.JPG