Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

As i said I'll believe it when I see it.

31 years old this summer, high wages and hasn't done anything of note for a couple of years. I can't for the life of me see someone spend £10m on him. 

i couldn’t for the life of me see a team spending nearly 30m on him either...

8 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Did we really spend £29M on him though? This figure gets banded around in pounds and euros by the press and most on here, but the reality is usually a little less sensationally large. Perhaps this figure included all the add-ons if they were hit, but with the few the appearances made and his goal tally being quite low I can't imagine any add-ons were triggered. I'd be interested to know what he's cost us in reality. 

Yes we did pay that. Portuguese clubs are publicly listed on the stock market so transfers come with an official statement of the exact price paid, I recall seeing the pdf at the time.

https://www.sporting.pt/en/tags/islam-slimani

The transfer was €30,000,000 + €5,000,000 add ons. I doubt we’ve ever triggered those ads ons and if anything, we’ve actively looked at avoiding paying them, similar to the Silva situation. 

The transfer happened on the 31st August, 2016. 

To put this this into perspective, the exchange rate was 0.8499 Euros to the Pound at the time. So we’re talking around £25,497,000 give or take. Assuming we’ve paid in instalments, so they’ll be some fluctuation in that, due to the exchange rate, unless a fixed one was agreed. 

What isn't mentioned one’d is the cost of wages, agents fees etc

I think:

Transfer : 25,500,000

Wages : £4,160,000 (duration of contract) - not sure if Newcastle / Fenebache have picked some of this up? 

Signing fee : 2,500,000

Agent fee - £1,000,000

Bonuses - ?!?

Total - £33,160,000

Resale value - £10,000,000

So we’re looking at an asset that has depreciated by £23,000,000. The sooner we get shot, the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

https://www.sporting.pt/en/tags/islam-slimani

The transfer was €30,000,000 + €5,000,000 add ons. I doubt we’ve ever triggered those ads ons and if anything, we’ve actively looked at avoiding paying them, similar to the Silva situation. 

The transfer happened on the 31st August, 2016. 

To put this this into perspective, the exchange rate was 0.8499 Euros to the Pound at the time. So we’re talking around £25,497,000 give or take. Assuming we’ve paid in instalments, so they’ll be some fluctuation in that, due to the exchange rate, unless a fixed one was agreed. 

What isn't mentioned one’d is the cost of wages, agents fees etc

I think:

Transfer : 25,500,000

Wages : £4,160,000 (duration of contract) - not sure if Newcastle / Fenebache have picked some of this up? 

Signing fee : 2,500,000

Agent fee - £1,000,000

Bonuses - ?!?

Total - £33,160,000

Resale value - £10,000,000

So we’re looking at an asset that has depreciated by £23,000,000. The sooner we get shot, the better.

Didnt Newcastle pay 1 million per month for him? Roughly 6 million in total.

I'm sure fenebache have paid 500k PM for him aswel. Roughly 5 million in total.

Bought him for 30M 

Loan 6M

Loan 5M

Sold 10M

If we sell for 10 mill we have took a hit on about 9 million not to bad, could be better.

It's a shame because I think is could of been a decent striker just had a stinking attitude 

• Like 1

Shame about Slimani really, at times he looked really good for City but they were few & far between, the way things are we would be fortunate to get £10 million for him, not sure if anyone would take in some sort of player swap deal either... 

6 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Shame about Slimani really, at times he looked really good for City but they were few & far between, the way things are we would be fortunate to get £10 million for him, not sure if anyone would take in some sort of player swap deal either... 

More than any other position, a striker thrives on confidence. We didn't play a style that suited him and he struggled to adapt, which knocks confidence and he hasn't recovered from that. Like you say, he can play, we've seen glimpses, and he needs to find a club that will utilise his strengths so he can rebuild the remainder of his career.

Unfortunately, if we're not careful, Iheanacho could go the same way. Let's hope Rodgers can bring back that great striker that's in there somewhere.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

You win some, you lose some. It's such a shame as Slimani has strengths that couldn't be translated to our league. In the other direction Chelsea won't be getting £35m back for DD anytime soon.  

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

More than any other position, a striker thrives on confidence. We didn't play a style that suited him and he struggled to adapt, which knocks confidence and he hasn't recovered from that. Like you say, he can play, we've seen glimpses, and he needs to find a club that will utilise his strengths so he can rebuild the remainder of his career.

Unfortunately, if we're not careful, Iheanacho could go the same way. Let's hope Rodgers can bring back that great striker that's in there somewhere.

Natcho has to fit the system and not vice versa. What are we going to do with the rest of the team? Play hoof ball.

If people are saying that Puel's and Rodgers systems aren't drastically different than it comes down to the DOF and scouting to get it right. I'm hoping Natcho works out too but everybody should be on the same page when it comes to selecting a style of play, managers, staff and players. The DOF and the owner are at the top of the Pyramid. Hopefully now everyone on the ship is moving in the same direction.:fc:

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

We may have received 7.5m in loan fees from Newcastle.

Doubt the loss will be anywhere near £20m.

It was £2 million 

plus wages £80000 per week

if you are saying we saved 5.5m on wages

That would’ve taken 68weeks to accumulate.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

It was £2 million 

plus wages £80000 per week

if you are saying we saved 5.5m on wages

That would’ve taken 68weeks to accumulate.

Well I know someone who is generally very knowledgeable about the club and he reckons 7.5m.

How many weeks was he there on loan?

Someone on Bentleys mentioned that he also scored the winner against Porto, without that we may have met Juventus so he may have earned us a bit more.

Don't see loss adding up to £20m.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, StevieB said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-transfer-rumours-islam-2741087

Rumours of a deal being close and a loss of 20m?? well that's the price to learn that one then so be it 

Leicester City are set to take a huge loss on their record signing as Islam Slimani is close to finalising a permanent move away from the King Power Stadium.

The Algerian set the Foxes back close to £30m when he joined from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2016 but now he could be sold for just £10m according to the Daily Star.

Slimani is seemingly not in the plans of new Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers as he has spent the season on loan with Turkish side Fenerbahce, whose Super Lig rivals Besiktas are favourites to sign the 28-year-old alongside his former club Sporting.

Good ol' Leicester Merc. He turns 31 this Summer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

Natcho has to fit the system and not vice versa. What are we going to do with the rest of the team? Play hoof ball.

If people are saying that Puel's and Rodgers systems aren't drastically different than it comes down to the DOF and scouting to get it right. I'm hoping Natcho works out too but everybody should be on the same page when it comes to selecting a style of play, managers, staff and players. The DOF and the owner are at the top of the Pyramid. Hopefully now everyone on the ship is moving in the same direction.:fc:

Did I say otherwise?

This is really now about cutting our losses.  What is done is done, and we were done big time.    Play hard-ball with Sporting and we end up shelling even more for someone that has no future with us.  Get rid at any price.

Hopefully, the Algerian Shirt sales were massive:ph34r:

15 hours ago, SO1 said:

Remember when vardy didn’t fit puels system so he went with gray up front lollol 

On 10/04/2019 at 08:29, NewquayFox said:

Shame about Slimani really, at times he looked really good for City

I don't recall him ever being good for city but a sour mouthed ice skater at best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Simoken said:

I don't recall him ever being good for city but a sour mouthed ice skater at best.

There was one game... in the cup I think where he basically terrorised their back four (can’t recollect who cos I have a shite memory). A bit like Musa in the Barcelona game. I watched him at the time and thought ‘ah.. at last’

Sadly it was a flash in the pan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

There was one game... in the cup I think where he basically terrorised their back four (can’t recollect who cos I have a shite memory). A bit like Musa in the Barcelona game. I watched him at the time and thought ‘ah.. at last’

Sheff Utd away?

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

my only feeling glimmer of hope was his debut goal. He was so pumped for it, I thought this could be the next big thing.. Oh how i was wrong!!! never again will believe an ice skater could convert into a pro footballer.

Edited by Simoken

If we got

33 minutes ago, Simoken said:

my only feeling glimmer of hope was his debut goal. He was so pumped for it, I thought this could be the next big thing.. Oh how i was wrong!!! never again will believe an ice skater could convert into a pro footballer.

Burnley? He had a brace in that one, even. I had a similar thought at the time. Then everything fell apart.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/17/leicester-city-3-burnley-0-islam-slimani-enjoys-dream-debut-for/

Edited by UPinCarolina