Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

Hi Whmy .Forest Hill finally with new owners and bit of a smash and grab last week -its so isolated up there that there is time to do a bit of damage and clear out even with the alarms and cameras,My daughter works up there and they are always wary of new faces poking around.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Hi Whmy .Forest Hill finally with new owners and bit of a smash and grab last week -its so isolated up there that there is time to do a bit of damage and clear out even with the alarms and cameras,My daughter works up there and they are always wary of new faces poking around.

Some club shop staff member there said that they're thinking of putting in a sprinkler system in place, so if it happens again shoe and finger prints can potentially help the police more with trying to find future offenders.

They said it's expensive but it's needed for that type and company, plus the club's financial future sounds secure.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

That golf shop is carrying maybe £100 k plus in stock .A rack with 20 drivers at £300 a go is £6000.they just need to put in place some serious  barriers to slow down any intrusion

Long term hopefully OK but  I doubt Andrew and Laki have lost any money there not the type to do that !.They did a great shift there though.

I spent quite  a lot of time at seagrave when the golf course was being built still find it hard to believe that LCFC went for it ridiculous amount of earthmoving  involved.

3 hours ago, dyanmark said:

Few “caravan parks” around that area....

3 hours ago, dyanmark said:

That golf shop is carrying maybe £100 k plus in stock .A rack with 20 drivers at £300 a go is £6000.they just need to put in place some serious  barriers to slow down any intrusion

Long term hopefully OK but  I doubt Andrew and Laki have lost any money there not the type to do that !.They did a great shift there though.

I spent quite  a lot of time at seagrave when the golf course was being built still find it hard to believe that LCFC went for it ridiculous amount of earthmoving  involved.

You mentioned this quite a lot now, it wouldn’t have mattered where LCFC picked there would have been substantial earth moving required at any location 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

Filbert yes -no need to be politically correct on here mate.There are some caravan sites in the vicinity(without planning permission) and you can only form opinion on your personal experience so yes I would wipe them off the landscape.But it wont happen .

Urban you need to try some other sports you may be really good.Seagrave is a very difficult/expensive site to redevelop but the attraction was that planning permission would be easy and it sure was despite Frank and the wildlife

• Like 1

Too early to tell, but judging by the illustrations of the finished buildings and pitches, this could turn into the most idyllic, scenic and most beautiful training complex in the Premier League, if not of any other European top-flight club.

Maybe someone else has time to dig out pictures from other, already existing state-of-the-art complexes, but I suppose it'll be very hard to rival.

I just think it's a keeper and we should cherish the fact that we've come this far.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Too early to tell, but judging by the illustrations of the finished buildings and pitches, this could turn into the most idyllic, scenic and most beautiful training complex in the Premier League, if not of any other European top-flight club.

Maybe someone else has time to dig out pictures from other, already existing state-of-the-art complexes, but I suppose it'll be very hard to rival.

I just think it's a keeper and we should cherish the fact that we've come this far.

Just because..

Man City

Image result for man city training ground

Liverpool - current and future

Image result for melwood training ground liverpool

Image result for liverpool training ground

Tottenham Hotsput

Image result for tottenham training groundImage result for tottenham training ground

Arsenal 

Image result for arsenal training ground

Chelsea - is bigger with overhead view, but this is the best view of the centre itself

Image result for chelsea training ground

Manchester United 

Image result for manchester united training ground

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will certainly be the best looking then.

Can't imagine the technology will be far behind any of them either- aside from Man City's mini stadium which will never be close to full, nobody in the country will be able to offer anything we can't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Just because..

*pictures of several other PL clubs' training grounds

Driven past the Manchester City training center, very modern, but straight in the city. Advantage LCFC.

Liverpool... TBD

Chelsea... same, although slightly more idyllic, looks a bit like a smaller version what we have in mind lol

Tottenham... close, but I'd want some more trees, ugly main building
Arsenal... next to a motorway

Manchester United... a bit generic, cheapish buildings and a bit barren overall

Still think with all the surroundings and parks, recreation areas and the type of buildings planned, the way they integrate into the scenery, Seagrave is pretty much nearly unrivaled and will remain so for quite some time. Depends on what Liverpool do.

• Like 3