Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

13 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

Went past today on way back from Snotingham. Big crane on site so building work must be starting. Only eleven months till completion. ?

According to that timescale released by Mclaren, construction of the training centre should be starting about now, so I'd guess we'll be seeing steels going up soon?

Surely we're due another update from the club, or a pic of Top and Susan Whelan wearing hard hats?

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

Any news on the progress of this ?

Yes, The temporary traffic lights on the road outside the entrance (not sure if its linked to the training ground works) are doing my head in on my drive into work every morning! Half the time they're not working in one direction so it causes head on traffic!!

I'd have thought most clubs, when building something this impressive and significant, would be giving almost weekly photo updates/live web cams etc. We've heard nothing?

Would love to see how its progressing, as according to that timescale we should be seeing some building frameworks starting by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The newts have been successfully relocated, or at least that’s what we’re telling the locals. 

We should be careful how we tell them - bad newts travels fast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was nearby as it happens so decided to take a detour. There’s not much you can see from the main gate though there’s a big crane on site now and plenty of work going on beyond with *what appeared to be* basic structures going into place. As I said, I couldn’t see much apart from construction office blocks etc.

Still.. this time next year...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Mad to think next seasons 'Players returning to training' thread will be pictures from this incredible facility! :nigel:

In theory. Projects of this size and nature are often delayed. They’ll be doing training down Goals on the 5aside pitches you watch!

7 hours ago, copunk said:

My mrs's company who she works for are supplying all catering equipment etc, i may be a future ITK ?

The company I work for might be servicing the boilers at some stage, I might be a future ITK too! 

12 hours ago, dyanmark said:

There is no chance this will be in use this time next year=year after more likely .Need a growing season for the pitches when they are in .

We've got the best grounds team in the country, who managed to replace the entire pitch at the KP during the summer in recent years and it was ready to play on pretty swiftly after that, so ensuring there's a usable number of training pitches for the scheduled opening won't be an issue.

There may well be a hold-up, but it won't be the pitches.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about the facility.

On the one hand top clubs need world class facilities.

On the other, my late dad was a founding member of Park Hill Golf Club, and donated a trophy which up until it closed was played for every  year.

He's been gone 20 years but we thought at least  the golf club and the trophy will still be around for a long time to come. How wrong we were.

Kinda happy, kinda sad.

8 minutes ago, Swiss_tony said:

I have mixed feelings about the facility.

On the one hand top clubs need world class facilities.

On the other, my late dad was a founding member of Park Hill Golf Club, and donated a trophy which up until it closed was played for every  year.

He's been gone 20 years but we thought at least  the golf club and the trophy will still be around for a long time to come. How wrong we were.

Kinda happy, kinda sad.

No reason why you cant mention this to the club. 9 holes will still be there. They can host a yearly charity tournament and use the trophy is it’s still available. Be something nice to honour your late dad 

• Like 2

Carter Tony yes 9 holes will still be there around the outer but I'm not seeing a golf club running there.I have given this point of view in the past but this a football forum so not a lot of sympathy.I knew the original owner and the lads who built the course helped him a little and also the guys who were running it when they closed .20 years of history under the digger I'm afraid.As long as we win the champions league it will be worthwhile.

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

Carter Tony yes 9 holes will still be there around the outer but I'm not seeing a golf club running there.I have given this point of view in the past but this a football forum so not a lot of sympathy.I knew the original owner and the lads who built the course helped him a little and also the guys who were running it when they closed .20 years of history under the digger I'm afraid.As long as we win the champions league it will be worthwhile.

With sarcastic quips at the end like that, I won’t be surprised if you don’t get any sympathy on a Leicester City football forum lol

On 2 July 2019 at 18:08, dyanmark said:

There is no chance this will be in use this time next year=year after more likely .Need a growing season for the pitches when they are in .

Absolute rubbish

All the pitches at the current training ground were dug up as soon as the season finished and look at them now on all the photos of the team training

• Like 1