Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

In the LCFCQ magazine for the Wolves game

Also inside your first edition of LCFCQ for the 2019/20 season, we reveal the latest developments from the construction of the Foxes’ state-of-the art new training facility in Charnwood with exclusive imagery as the first steel frameworks start to take shape in north Leicestershire. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1300876/prez-justin--barnes-star-in-lcfcq-issue-9---on-sale-sunday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Official pictures up of progress from the training ground.

Bit better than Alan's sneaky pics 

Almost 900 reptiles and over 400 fish have been carefully translocated and re-homed to new locations, allowing the on-site staff to begin building larger structures.

:appl:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Looks amazing. Also love the fact that the onsite mini stadium has 499 seats, obviously to get around some kind of planning permit. The kind of shithousery we can all get behind. 

I have always thought that, just had a dig and it might be this:

https://sgsa.org.uk/regulation/what-is-a-regulated-stand/

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does that include newts?!

I hope so!

I will tell you a small story why I think this is important. ;) When I was a lad, many years ago, there was a railway line about a half a mile away from where I lived that had a ditch running along side it and this ditch was about 800 yards long. Every spring this ditch would fill with water and I would cycle down to see the newts and frogs that would spawn there and of course to a young kid it was fascinating. We moved further away and I grew up and stop going there as often until one day I noticed that the whole ditch had been filled up along the whole length of the ditch. Why on earth would some one do that? Now generations of young kids don't get the simple pleasure of seeing newts and frogs spawn.

• Like 4

Someone I know just randomly dropped into conversation the other day that he is working on the management of the build (don't know why he didn't see that as a priority to share before, but hey!). He also worked on the Man City training facility and he's equally impressed with our plans. On a more negative note, it sounds like there are some unforeseen challenges to the build which might mean opening on schedule will be of a challenge. We will see! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Someone I know just randomly dropped into conversation the other day that he is working on the management of the build (don't know why he didn't see that as a priority to share before, but hey!). He also worked on the Man City training facility and he's equally impressed with our plans. On a more negative note, it sounds like there are some unforeseen challenges to the build which might mean opening on schedule will be of a challenge. We will see! 

Would that challenge be trying to get in and out of the place, as posters have informed us of that danger junction?

lol

25 minutes ago, rico said:

Would be good if they had an open day when its finished so that fans could have a look around...

I would love that. Is that a realistic possibility? Some sort of guided tour maybe.

Edit: If it's not, a video version would be good, or a virtual 3d model you could look around.

Edited by Raw Dykes

41 minutes ago, rico said:

Would be good if they had an open day when its finished so that fans could have a look around...

What they should regularly do is have some open training sessions, even if it is exclusive to STH's and members. This is certainly very common in Germany and helps keep the club/players/fans in touch. It would be a great idea to introduce that here too. They could even use the training "stadium" to hold such sessions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dunno if that’s a good idea.

Sporting Lisbon did something similar and it was a ****ing disaster:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44489158

I mean, I’m not going to say...

“well coordinated plan to give players a way out of their contract who then went on to sign lucrative contracts elsewhere with massive signing on fees”

but.....