Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

Are we seriously saying that the entire facility at Belvoir Drive was dug up first week of May and now 8/9 weeks later has been relaid and ready for use.

Id be amazed.Im thinking 19 pitches at Seagrave were on the plans.

On 2 July 2019 at 18:08, dyanmark said:

There is no chance this will be in use this time next year=year after more likely .Need a growing season for the pitches when they are in .

14 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Are we seriously saying that the entire facility at Belvoir Drive was dug up first week of May and now 8/9 weeks later has been relaid and ready for use.

Yes

25 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Pretty sure work on the pitches will be on going throughout the construction and not just at the end. The pitches should be fine.

They relaid the King Power pitch at the end of May and that will be pristine come the start of the season. The construction team have even longer than that to sort a number of training pitches (they don’t necessarily need to complete all of them to game ready standard, and will probably prioritise some pitches above others).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

They've made a start on the construction, went out on a bike ride and stopped to have a sneaky look but there is security on the gate so this will look crap.

20190707_163455.jpg

Excellent work Rusko. 

From the street view:

4C8D4059-5A67-4728-BDBE-C7D3265247D7.jpeg.4b977c8e0fd7adb3462b2c38adb290f3.jpeg

It looks like a lot of work has been done to lower the ground level (unless that’s just an optical illusion). From what I can remember of the last time I was up there there’s a few cabins to the right of your pic, stacked a bit higher with the LCFC badge on it. 

The constructed bit *might* be part of the training centre - according to the construction plan they begin creating the indoor pitch on the 11th. Though saying that it might also be part of the Turf Academy or Energy Centre. They might be a bit further south though and I don’t think they were meant to be two storey. 

Anyway here’s the construction plan: https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01004133.pdf

Edited by urban.spaceman

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Excellent work Rusko. 

From the street view:

4C8D4059-5A67-4728-BDBE-C7D3265247D7.jpeg.4b977c8e0fd7adb3462b2c38adb290f3.jpeg

It looks like a lot of work has been done to lower the ground level (unless that’s just an optical illusion). From what I can remember of the last time I was up there there’s a few cabins to the right of your pic, stacked a bit higher with the LCFC badge on it. 

The constructed bit *might* be part of the training centre - according to the construction plan they begin creating the indoor pitch on the 11th. Though saying that it might also be part of the Turf Academy or Energy Centre. They might be a bit further south though and I don’t think they were meant to be two storey. 

Anyway here’s the construction plan: https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01004133.pdf

2 storey cabins are just out of shot to the right, the other photos have come out badly, and don't really show you anything of note otherwise I'd attach them too.

There has been a significant amount of land moved, been at it for months.

On 03/07/2019 at 21:00, dyanmark said:

Man u have relayed OT in January February on a few occasions. That's a maximum of two weeks and playing on it. 

I probably need educating on this.I know man u did it but the pitch didn't look great at the time.I just wonder why would you dig up and relay if the pitches are in good order and you have all the kit and expertise to keep them in good order Hewitts from Cosby get an awful lot of this work around the country even did the baseball set up at Wet Spam this month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2019 at 09:35, Swan Lesta said:

Every first team squad member is getting their own 7* Suite within the complex with unrivalled facilities to use whenever they like with their families too. The facilities will be truly mind blowing. Players will very much want to come here.

I remember the plans saying there was going to be a 30 room hotel for players and staff but didn’t really provide any further details. That does sound amazing though. Can’t wait for a look inside the finished article. 

Players will very much want to come here.

This. Will be a huge statement when it's finished, let alone a stadium expansion to follow. I'm well up for this season, if we smash it on the pitch with all this to follow, we really could cement ourselves as a top 6 club. Proud times.

Edited by TheLittleBigMan
  • Like 1

https://portal.charnwood.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorerAA/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning Applications On-Line&TYPE=PL/PlanningPK.xml&PARAM0=573853&XSLT=/Northgate/PlanningExplorerAA/SiteFiles/Skins/charnwood/xslt/PL/PLDetails.xslt&FT=Planning Application Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=/Northgate/PlanningExplorerAA/SiteFiles/Skins/charnwood/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

Hundreds of detailed planning documents added - all in no particular order with the KSS reference identifier as the title so you never know what you’re about to see. Still, very interesting and exciting stuff if that’s your kind of thing. 

Cheers. 

• Thanks 2

On 22/07/2019 at 10:35, Swan Lesta said:

Every first team squad member is getting their own 7* Suite within the complex with unrivalled facilities to use whenever they like with their families too. The facilities will be truly mind blowing. Players will very much want to come here.

I’m so frickin’ excited about our future - we are truly are aiming to be one of the biggest clubs in the country for generations to come!

Edited by wattolcfc

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:35, Swan Lesta said:

7* ???

Sneak peak!

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01036200.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

titles are: “17793 KSS ..........”

Followed by a two letter coding. 

IP = Indoor Pitch

TA = Turf Academy

MS = Machinery Store

TC = Training Centre

PP = Parents Pavilion

SP = Show Pitch