Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

That is going to look so much better than Belvoir Drive. 

I imagine recruiting players would be a lot easier if they turn into a huge private world class complex, instead of being stuck on the intersection between Wigston Lane and Middleton Street. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The_77 said:

Just been renamed as the Ed Woodward Training Centre

85 mil. Crazy when you think about it. All the cash/talent that investment will produce. For years to come. Probably should name it after Harry.

Screw Eddy'the checkbook' Woodward.

15 minutes ago, SO1 said:

85 mil. Crazy when you think about it. All the cash/talent that investment will produce. For years to come. Probably should name it after Harry.

Probably a little less funny of a joke, though :P

I go past this regularly to pick mrs up from work and wondered what they Will do regarding players leaving training to get onto the a46,

assuming there at the junction and in order to go southbound,

its literally 1 car at a time they can move across the duel carriageway to join the traffic heading southbound,

so players/coaches etc would be in a que to get across,

with fans/press etc hovering around there then would I be right to assume there will be some kind of slip road which exits the facility and joins onto the a46???

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Minus Hull's cut, of course?  (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

48 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I go past this regularly to pick mrs up from work and wondered what they Will do regarding players leaving training to get onto the a46,

assuming there at the junction and in order to go southbound,

its literally 1 car at a time they can move across the duel carriageway to join the traffic heading southbound,

so players/coaches etc would be in a que to get across,

with fans/press etc hovering around there then would I be right to assume there will be some kind of slip road which exits the facility and joins onto the a46???

There was definitely some adjustments planned for it which will be buried deep somewhere in the planning documents. The council and Highways England point blank refused to do any major works to it, which is crazy given how many people have raised concerns about it. 

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

There was definitely some adjustments planned for it which will be buried deep somewhere in the planning documents. The council and Highways England point blank refused to do any major works to it, which is crazy given how many people have raised concerns about it. 

Think they were just widening the central bit so it’s big enough for a coach, I’d guess they’ll advise players to go up to the roundabout and come back down 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Think they were just widening the central bit so it’s big enough for a coach, I’d guess they’ll advise players to go up to the roundabout and come back down 

The construction vehicles are having to go left up the slip road and go to the Six Hills junction to go the other way. I can't imagine most players and staff will want to do that personally.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The construction vehicles are having to go left up the slip road and go to the Six Hills junction to go the other way. I can't imagine most players and staff will want to do that personally.

True, hadn’t realised how far it is until just looking, suppose they could just go through Seagrave/Sileby (which the construction traffic isn’t allowed to).

Should have built a runway and jetted them in everyday :ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

True, hadn’t realised how far it is until just looking, suppose they could just go through Seagrave/Sileby (which the construction traffic isn’t allowed to).

Should have built a runway and jetted them in everyday :ph34r:

I did make the case for chinooks that's definitely not a good idea any more.  From what I remember of the complaints some of the locals were insisting that even after it was built nobody should be allowed through the village. 

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

They just need to reduce the speed limit on that stretch of road, there’s cameras already there though I have no idea if there in use or not.

Test it out for them? 

FoxesTalk's take on consumer advice!

This will be a massive turning point for our club, and not just for our squad 

was thinking about it. The fact it will be one of the best training facilities in the country, has it own hotel, facilities, golf course etc is close to East Mids Airport and centrally located

Just a thought, do you think the club will be looking to rent/loan the facilities to visiting European clubs as a base camp? Would build us great relationships with top European/Champions league clubs, whilst showcasing to any potential signings 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luttfox said:

This will be a massive turning point for our club, and not just for our squad 

was thinking about it. The fact it will be one of the best training facilities in the country, has it own hotel, facilities, golf course etc is close to East Mids Airport and centrally located

Just a thought, do you think the club will be looking to rent/loan the facilities to visiting European clubs as a base camp? Would build us great relationships with top European/Champions league clubs, whilst showcasing to any potential signings 

Would of thought that’s a big reason for them having the bedrooms, may well be used for the euros next year also if it’s done in time