Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

Not sure Frank was interested in those kind of ball games. I did see him to be fair at a pro am thing a few years ago ( in the bar)

It does smell dreadful up there in the summer wit the wind in the right direction - huge acreage of chicken sheds Top will probably buy them as well .

9 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

As long as it doesn’t hamper their long term plans for us, I’d be all for King Power investing in the Tigers and even the County Cricket team. While some of the decisions have been controversial we have never been more secure and stable off the pitch. Would be great to see them further strengthen their ties to Leicester. 

Bristol City do this to some extent with Football, Basketball and Rugby team, all playing under the 'Bristol Sport' banner. Not the worst idea! 

10 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

As long as it doesn’t hamper their long term plans for us, I’d be all for King Power investing in the Tigers and even the County Cricket team. While some of the decisions have been controversial we have never been more secure and stable off the pitch. Would be great to see them further strengthen their ties to Leicester. 

I'd be up for this too. Are the Tigers still up for sale? Last time I looked they wanted less than a Harry Maguire.

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

That’s a twist on what was actually said. It’s not going to be THE most advanced.

Not a “twist” by me...encase your implying it was. Either way sounds like as good as it will be and look, it won’t be the most “advanced”

scroll down from the main heading, where it says “The” most advanced.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-leicester-city-training-ground-2508593.amp

Edited by turkish14

Guest Markyblue
8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Bristol City do this to some extent with Football, Basketball and Rugby team, all playing under the 'Bristol Sport' banner. Not the worst idea! 

I didn't see the tigers offering much support to city when they were on top. As a sports fan i want all Leicester teams to do well but there's plenty to do at city still without worrying about the tigers etc.

6 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I didn't see the tigers offering much support to city when they were on top. As a sports fan i want all Leicester teams to do well but there's plenty to do at city still without worrying about the tigers etc.

All credit to the Leicester Riders.  I wonder who bankrolls them?  If ‘this’ Indoor Arena is being built

at the KP, I wonder if we’ll have an

Ice Hockey team?

On 09/08/2019 at 12:57, rachhere said:

Haha! No something to do with the gas supply. 

Had a place in Lincoln years back. Electric storage heaters and immersion for hot water. Just a thought....

3 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Not a “twist” by me...encase your implying it was. Either way sounds like as good as it will be and look, it won’t be the most “advanced”

scroll down from the main heading, where it says “The” most advanced.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-leicester-city-training-ground-2508593.amp

No I didn't mean by you. It started out as "one of the most advanced" and in typical mercury style they ran with "The most advanced", which then seemed to catch on. Hence the bloke saying "it's being described as....", not that it actually would be. 

• Like 1

Used to play golf with a guy there. 

I'm so glad the course has gone and now the training centre is there. 

I couldn't stand playing golf with him. He was so shit. For some reason he kept calling me Frank as well. Weird. 

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

:fc: I would love that!

The arena if built is deffo being aimed at the esports market, Susan Whelan said so herself that they see that as an area that I'd only going to grow and grow. So would expect it to me more a concert type arena than have any sort of scope for sport from what the club have said.

Just now, Barwell Fox said:

Seen pictures of the floods up that part of Leicestershire. Anybody know if the new training ground has been affected? 

Had to drive by yesterday as it's one of the few routes in the area that hadn't been flooded. Couldn't see much from the gate apart from the extra progress they've made since that drone video. I'm not sure what the site is like for flooding but there's a few detailed flood reports on the planning page if you're into that sort of thing.

• Like 1