Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Pissing it down here in South Hampstead which is down the road from Lords.  Not sure where this rain has come from was supposed to be a nice day.  Will be a shame if this one rains out it has so much potential.  Need a reserve day on these tests with our ridiculous weather.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

First time I've seen a concussion sub used. The sub is going to win it for Australia ain't he? 

Opportunity for us if we can score quickly but do we take the risk. 

Part of me hopes we are all out for around 180. But if we lose this the Ashes are virtually gone. It's an interesting match, slightly spoilt by this morning's rain.

That spell from Archer has changed the series imo. We are back in it. 

1 minute ago, Crinklyfox said:

We are batting to save this match.  There is very little chance of dismissing Australia, with or without Smith, in a session or a session and a half.  And Root won't want to give the Aussies a chance to have a rush at a lowish total in one-day mode.

And Australia aren't setting a particularly aggressive field either.

Perhaps I'm going against the grain here, but if England build somewhere around a 250-300 lead with about 40 overs left in the day, why not put Aus in and hope for the best? Without Smith they're not going to chase that down and I doubt they'll even attempt to, so there's nothing to lose.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Thomson is pure class. 

Great character.

How on earth Bob Willis captained England I’ll never know. The most boring human being in history.