Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Sick of this shit. The Aussies have the voodoo sign over us.

Man for man they're no better than us but Langer, Ponting & Waugh up on the balcony make the difference.

Mental toughness.

Edited by Izzy

1 minute ago, Osavo said:

Great....

Could be in real trouble here. Root not getting enough protection or rest batting at 3. Desperately need someone to hang around now.

Agree . Captain and batting 3 

Root is not a great captain in any case  - we can’t afford to have our best batsman over burdened with too much to worry about , but who to give it to ?

Just now, surrifox said:

Agree . Captain and batting 3 

Root is not a great captain in any case  - we can’t afford to have our best batsman over burdened with too much to worry about , but who to give it to ?

Tough one as no one stands out as a great candidate. Personally I'd go Buttler, not in the best form at the moment but is a properly tough character and a good tactician by all accounts. Also very level headed, unlike Stokes who is too fiery to be captain imo. 

21 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Tough one as no one stands out as a great candidate. Personally I'd go Buttler, not in the best form at the moment but is a properly tough character and a good tactician by all accounts. Also very level headed, unlike Stokes who is too fiery to be captain imo. 

Really?

He always comes across as a bit of a wet fart to me.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Has Roy or Root been of any use this ashes so far? 

Both need dropping down the batting order a bit, pop buttler or denly higher up.

Well Root is one of the few world class players we have we just need to get him batting in the slot that suits him best and relieve him of the captaincy . Roy can get in the bin until the next 20/20 or 50 over game 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

No way we win this, no way we'd dare declare at any point with Aussies potentially reaching it. It's about making sure we don't get knocked over cheaply, not going out to score quickly. 

Good luck to England batsmen, they are going to get some rough treatment. 

lols don’t think we need to worry about declaring too early 

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Erm, hes got 50 over twenty times so im not sure thats correct.

If you get a hundred, it doesnt count as a 50 on your stats.

Oh I thought it did! My bad! It said 25 50’s 24 100’s. 

3 hours ago, Osavo said:

He's not even worth a place in the team. It needs a radical overhaul in the winter.

Fascinating day's cricket ahead.

England must try to hang on in there for as long as possible.  The ball has dominated the bat so far and the last day should be no different.  I'll be interested to see how Smith bats - he took a terrible blow which had it been an inch or so further up could have been very serious, Philip Hughes was killed by a blow in a similar place.  How he will react mentally is as yet unknown, batting is instinctive at that level so it's possible he won't be the same player as he was before he was hit, at least in the short term.

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

Sick of this shit. The Aussies have the voodoo sign over us.

Man for man they're no better than us but Langer, Ponting & Waugh up on the balcony make the difference.

Mental toughness.

Sorry but if you mean every single player then that's nonsense. 

Warner is better than Roy. 

Smith is the best player out of the two squads anyway. 

Not seen Leach much but I presume he's not as good as Lyon. 

Arguably Cummins better than Woakes - debatable mind and would accept that this can swing either way. 

If we're doing an Ashes XI so to speak, yes the majority of England players are better but not all of them. 

15 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

World class bowlers, terrible batsmen... how did we win the World Cup with that crap batting 

ODI team are a completely different kettle of fish, and Morgan is twice the captain Root is. I'd actually argue Morgan is worth having in the test team based just on his captaincy.

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Arguably Cummins better than Woakes - debatable mind and would accept that this can swing either way. 

If we're doing an Ashes XI so to speak, yes the majority of England players are better but not all of them. 

As a batting unit, if you were to take Smith out of the Australian side I actually think we're much better than them.

Root's lack of form, coupled with Smith's incredible form, makes us look worse than we are IMO.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I don't mean every single player, no.

I mean what you put in your last sentence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

He's not even worth a place in the team. It needs a radical overhaul in the winter.

Some would argue that Tim Paine isn't worth a place in the Australian team in fairness. Convinced he wouldn't be there if he hadn't been made captain.