Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

I reckon England get to about 400-450 before declaring. 

Think the timing of the declaration is key here. Fine to bat all day tomorrow then gotta make sure Root declares at a reasonable time on Saturday (perhaps during final session or just before tea?). 

If England do end up batting til then, it'd be good to put Australia in to bat even for about an hour at least and perhaps get a couple of wickets so pressure is all on them for final day on Sunday. 

Either way, this is a huge chance for England to really go for the jugular. Conditions play in to England's hands from tomorrow onwards and it'd almost be a bit of an embarrassment if there's not a convincing win from this position. Gotta grab this game by the proverbial horns! Archer's & bowling company have done their bit. Time for the batsman to show their colours too! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Bat for 2 days now, post 550+ and bowl them out Sunday, simple 😊

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Be happy with a 200 lead here, conditions look good. 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Think the timing of the declaration is key here. Fine to bat all day tomorrow then gotta make sure Root declares at a reasonable time on Saturday (perhaps during final session or just before tea?). 

If England do end up batting til then, it'd be good to put Australia in to bat even for about an hour at least and perhaps get a couple of wickets so pressure is all on them for final day on Sunday. 

Either way, this is a huge chance for England to really go for the jugular. Conditions play in to England's hands from tomorrow onwards and it'd almost be a bit of an embarrassment if there's not a convincing win from this position. Gotta grab this game by the proverbial horns! Archer's & bowling company have done their bit. Time for the batsman to show their colours too! 

England collapse in 3, 2, 1....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

For any neutrals, let's hope Smith is back for the last two test matches. Otherwise this will be a walkover for England, 3-1 series. Australia look lost without Smith. The guy that replaced him, Lambuschange is actually better than the rest of the Australia order.

Only the weather can help Australia, and it won't be in this test as we are having a surprisingly good bank holiday weekend.

I think this test match will be over early on the 4th day.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

If England do end up batting til then, it'd be good to put Australia in to bat even for about an hour at least and perhaps get a couple of wickets so pressure is all on them for final day on Sunday

Final day will be Monday so we'd have even longer to get them out in that scenario. I don't remember the last time we got over 400 though so declaring too late probably won't be a concern lol 

I guess in an ideal scenario we bat for two days and put them back in on Sunday but we will see how we bat, It would not surprise me if we fail to post a match winning total in our first innings.

You'd like to think we will at least have a decent lead though.

29 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Final day will be Monday so we'd have even longer to get them out in that scenario. I don't remember the last time we got over 400 though so declaring too late probably won't be a concern lol 

Oh yeah lol

Thought it was day 2 yesterday for some reason. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

glorious day today. joe root at home in the sunshine after a good first day for a change. ton up. 

deeeecent :cool:

think man just wants to get himself to the oak for a pint in the sunshine by sunday 

Edited by ScouseFox