Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

This is bad,Sick pathetic,and downright stupid....!  I dont mind losing,  Warne Talking up the Aussies bowling,but its only disciplined,and waiting

for englands rabbits,to kindly hop into the road...!!! Even saying here's my tail let me have a waft...

You Stack 'em up,I will Knock them down....!!!

Not much else can be said. Just not good enough. Aussies have bowled well so give them credit but its the 'bad' balls that are getting wickets. Cant resist the wides ones. At least Denly battled for a while which is why I would open with him for time being.

Can't see a recovery from this, all the talk about today and they've failed miserably unless Buttler and Woakes come up with something special. Bowlers must look at that and think what's the point?

Massive changes need to be made and they can start by appointing a decent captain rather than giving the captaincy to a decent player.

Root is one of the best batsmen we've ever had and we're wasting him.

Bring in players that have proven their worth with the red ball. Look at Labuschagne's innings yesterday. Left everything outside off and clipped anything that was hitting the wickets down to leg.

We don't have a single player that makes me think "right now he's in he's definitely not getting out". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is Root done as captain if he loses this series? 

I'd ask him to stand down after this game but I can't imagine that would happen. No shame in it, he's just not a good captain. Certainly not ready for it now anyway

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Is Root done as captain if he loses this series? 

Probably not, but for me he is. I don't really fancy Stokes or Buttler being much better though. We need to try and find a captain, a decent FC cricketer who will improve and excel in the England captaincy role a la Michael Vaughan. 

We also need to separate white ball and red ball cricket coaching set-ups, this mind set just leads to collapse after collapse. 

English conditions are supposed to be what makes it difficult for touring teams. Now we can't handle it ourselves lol time to make some flat English pitches.

Hard to see where you go from here really, I don't think it matters who captain is the same problems will arise. Top order is what needs addressing somehow, you can't keep exposing middle order for ever. Got away with it previously because Root was in form  but not now. Big decision as to whoever takes over from Bayliss after this series. I would keep Root as captain for now but he has to bat at 4.

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

I'd ask him to stand down after this game tomorrow but I can't imagine that would happen. No shame in it, he's just not a good captain. Certainly not ready for it now anyway

If that wasn’t sufficient reason to change , his batting has turned to complete crap 

Edited by surrifox

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

If that wasn’t sufficient reason to change , his batting has turned to complete crap 

Certainly exacerbates things. I remember Swann saying a few years back Root was the dressing room prankster and giving him captaincy wouldn't benefit him at all. Can only say he's been proven right. Just isn't himself anymore.

He was genuinely the best in the world a few years back. Really frustrating.