Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Christian Fuchs

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Brendon said tonight he want to keep him for at least one more year. Still has a lot to offer on and off the pitch. Behind Chilwell of course.

Chiwell can still learn a thing or two from Fuchs in terms of decision making and crossing.

16 hours ago, The_77 said:

Just a matter of time before this was posted. Also, if you live in the states, you should know it's just called "MLS" 

It was a matter of time because its true. 

I know it might be difficult to accept but America isn't a power house in football. 

17 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I think he'd take a paycut going to the MLS compared to the wages he's on now. Wayne Rooney makes about 2.7M USD (annually). By comparison, Fuchs is making about 50% more than that at Leicester.

If he decides to leave Leicester, it would almost certainly be to rejoin his family in New York, but there's no guarantee that he could sign a contract with New York Redbull or NYCFC. MLS is very complicated on how franchises can acquire foreign talent. Other teams may want to sign him, and he may not have the option to freely sign within MLS. Also the New York based franchises are parts of larger organizations (Redbull and the Man City owners) that may not be interested in bringing in declining premier league talent.

Staying in Leicester for another year may make a great deal of sense, especially if Chilwell moves on. Fuchs has been more than adequate in his appearances this year, and he could see a lot more playing time, especially if we make it into the Europa League.

Unless he's one of a team's two "designated players" (like Rooney is for DC United and I am sceptical a team would use a DP place for Fuchs) the salary cap for MLS players is a touch over $500,000 a year. Which obviously is enormous for us normies but would be a huge paycut for Fuchs.

26 minutes ago, squarez said:

Unless he's one of a team's two "designated players" (like Rooney is for DC United and I am sceptical a team would use a DP place for Fuchs) the salary cap for MLS players is a touch over $500,000 a year. Which obviously is enormous for us normies but would be a huge paycut for Fuchs.

Sure his wife is an investment banker or something similar in New York so I don't think they're strapped for cash. With her salary and what he has already earned I reckon they could have a fairly comfortable life.

He's one of my favourite personalities at the club and I've loved him here as a player but I personally probably wouldn't extend his contract on a purely football level. 

If he's got an interest in coaching and Rodgers wants to work with him then having him at the club on greatly reduced wages (comparable to whatever we pay Toure) would be great. 

But I'd be disappointed if, while scrambling to reduce the wage bill, we kept him on on any significant packet. He just doesn't have the athleticism to play the role that Rodgers is looking for our full backs to perform any more. 

I thought he's looked really hamstrung by his ability to keep up with play the few times he's played this year. 

He’s been fantastic for us on and off the pitch and he doesn’t need to be put out to pasture just yet but the decline is there to see. His experience is useful to come on and see out games but I wouldn’t want to rely on him should Chilwell get sold or badly injured so we need a back up LB even if it is an experienced player (29/30 rather than mid thirties) rather than a long term replacement for Chilwell.

I would like a few more of the legends to move on “gracefully” I don’t want to see Fuchs past it huffing and puffing up and down the flank chasing shadows.

3 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Sure his wife is an investment banker or something similar in New York so I don't think they're strapped for cash. With her salary and what he has already earned I reckon they could have a fairly comfortable life.

Thought he fancied trying out as an NFL kicker as well. But yeah she's at a investment bank and quite high up I believe between them they must have a few quid, although I hope she's invested herself, living in New York in the life they are probably both now accustomed to that wealth could soon disappear.

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It was a matter of time because its true. 

I know it might be difficult to accept but America isn't a power house in football. 

I know it might be difficult to accept the point of my post or the point of this thread.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's one of my favourite personalities at the club and I've loved him here as a player but I personally probably wouldn't extend his contract on a purely football level. 

If he's got an interest in coaching and Rodgers wants to work with him then having him at the club on greatly reduced wages (comparable to whatever we pay Toure) would be great. 

But I'd be disappointed if, while scrambling to reduce the wage bill, we kept him on on any significant packet. He just doesn't have the athleticism to play the role that Rodgers is looking for our full backs to perform any more. 

I thought he's looked really hamstrung by his ability to keep up with play the few times he's played this year. 

I think that Fuchs is worth keeping on because otherwise we would need to go and buy a back up for Chillwell that is happy to sit on the bench.  That would cost a lot more than Fuchs' wages.

We have other priorities this summer like somehow trying to get Tielemans in on a permanent and we will need to save as much money as we can.

3 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Fuchs has been great for us but is too slow now.  If we want to keep progressing as a club we need to be a bit less sentimental about hanging on to players who are well past their prime..  

He's hardly 'well past it'.

If he played more regularly I'm sure he'd be much improved.

Chilwell may be younger and a better prospect but his defending and final ball still, in the main, fall short of Fuchs.

Fuchs main problem is in getting back from an attacking position.

17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He's hardly 'well past it'.

If he played more regularly I'm sure he'd be much improved.

Chilwell may be younger and a better prospect but his defending and final ball still, in the main, fall short of Fuchs.

Fuchs main problem is in getting back from an attacking position.

Fuchs didn't look so good at defending in the  F A Cup game at Newport when he was beaten for pace by their right winger

8 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Fuchs didn't look so good at defending in the  F A Cup game at Newport when he was beaten for pace by their right winger

No one looked very good at anything, mainly football, coming out of that game.

6 hours ago, The_77 said:

I know it might be difficult to accept the point of my post or the point of this thread.

Nope. You're right. The Premier league  and MLS are directly comparable, and any attempt to observe otherwise should be met with weary criticism. 

Glad we've got that established. Congratulations on blazing your trail. 

But, whilst we're at it, he isn't moving away from the Premier league for a further challenge. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Nope. You're right. The Premier league  and MLS are directly comparable, and any attempt to observe otherwise should be met with weary criticism. 

Glad we've got that established. Congratulations on blazing your trail. 

But, whilst we're at it, he isn't moving away from the Premier league for a further challenge. 

Cool, man. You’re the only one having this conversation with yourself.

• Like 1