Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Christian Fuchs

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rumours that he might stay for another year.

Would be happy with this, vastly experienced and won't expect to play every week and saves us bringing in someone as backup to Chilwell.

Not sure if Elder is up to standard.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we could keep him for another year, then I would. Although, I question why he would agree to it.

It's entirely possible that there has been no interest from any of the 3 MLS teams he wants to join in the New York area (NYCFC, New York Red Bulls, New England Revolution) so he may agree to another year rather than face the potential embarrassment of not being wanted by the above mentioned teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

It's entirely possible that there has been no interest from any of the 3 MLS teams he wants to join in the New York area (NYCFC, New York Red Bulls, New England Revolution) so he may agree to another year rather than face the potential embarrassment of not being wanted by the above mentioned teams.

I'm sorry but for me the MLS is dross. I could maybe watch the highlights but that's it. They have a long way to go.

10 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I'm sorry but for me the MLS is dross. I could maybe watch the highlights but that's it. They have a long way to go.

Yeah but his family live in the states so it makes sense for him to want to retire there. Sure the money makes it worth it but must be tough to be away and commute. 

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

I am absolutely certain he can pick up a decent wage in most MLS clubs, his experience, fitness, ability & skill is far above their level. That said, happy for him to stay, I bloody love him. 

I think he'd take a paycut going to the MLS compared to the wages he's on now. Wayne Rooney makes about 2.7M USD (annually). By comparison, Fuchs is making about 50% more than that at Leicester.

If he decides to leave Leicester, it would almost certainly be to rejoin his family in New York, but there's no guarantee that he could sign a contract with New York Redbull or NYCFC. MLS is very complicated on how franchises can acquire foreign talent. Other teams may want to sign him, and he may not have the option to freely sign within MLS. Also the New York based franchises are parts of larger organizations (Redbull and the Man City owners) that may not be interested in bringing in declining premier league talent.

Staying in Leicester for another year may make a great deal of sense, especially if Chilwell moves on. Fuchs has been more than adequate in his appearances this year, and he could see a lot more playing time, especially if we make it into the Europa League.

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Just a matter of time before this was posted. Also, if you live in the states, you should know it's just called "MLS" 

Anyway, for everyone else, Christian also opened up an indoor facility in upstate New York-- his options here in the states are not strictly limited to extending his playing career. They're having a grand opening in June where Wes, Huth, Simpson are set to play along with a few other former players. Some of the NY Foxes will probably take a drive up for that.

As for whether or not he stays, I think he'd certainly be a quality player and character to have around next season, especially if we have trouble keeping Chilwell. Even if a game isn't going his way, he's got a magic left foot that can always create something out of nothing.

• Like 1

Where ? Do you have more Info? I grew up in Schenectady. I'm going if I can swing it.

I'll give Soccer more respect in the US when I see poor kids playing in the streets. Like I played basketball and baseball.

In Savannah $500+ to join a league. Sad. A rich man's game like everything else.

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rumours that he might stay for another year.

Don't think this is the worst idea. Chilwell might be off and having Fuchs there means we have someone around until a replacement is acquired.

15 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

No point in getting a quality left back when you don’t need to do much defending nor have good target men to cross to?

?