Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Sturridge

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's a move that definitely worked for WBA last season.

Whilst I don't particularly want Sturridge here I don't think it's fair to look at this loan and use it to fully judge him. They were beyond help last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Aside from his high wages and problems with injuries, I wouldn't even want him on the pitch. Seems to greedy and wants to shoot all the time.

Seems they are the best assets for a striker...

If you have to say 'if we can keep him fit all season' with a player like Sturridge, you should already be exercising caution.

His injury record is terrible - and you can't be having someone who's unreliable in that sense. I know he won't be a replacement for Vardy and more of a back-up but even so, if Vardy's injured you're hardly going to get a decent run of games where Sturridge could play full matches without the thought of him picking up some injury to rule him out as well.

Plus, he's been a bit-part player at Liverpool and even in some appearances that were more than just a few cameo minutes, he's hardly impressed. 

The last 2-3 seasons he's been fairly poor compared to the time about 5 seasons ago when he was banging them in for fun. 

It'd be a no from me on this one. Yes he may have good history with Rodgers but that doesn't outweigh the fact he'd barely play for us and be that productive for us.

Great player when fit & on form. I would imagine he’s on a big wage but offset that against Okazaki & Slimani leaving and freeing up funds, maybe even Iheanacho leaving/loaned out so this could be a decent move for both parties... 

5 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Great player when fit & on form. I would imagine he’s on a big wage but offset that against Okazaki & Slimani leaving and freeing up funds, maybe even Iheanacho leaving/loaned out so this could be a decent move for both parties... 

That leaves us with only Vardy and Sturridge as options if that went through.

We'd need some further serious investment in that striker department otherwise it's ridiculously naive to think we could get by a whole season with just 2 'natural' strikers. One of those being ridiculously injury-prone.

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That leaves us with only Vardy and Sturridge as options if that went through.

We'd need some further serious investment in that striker department otherwise it's ridiculously naive to think we could get by a whole season with just 2 'natural' strikers. One of those being ridiculously injury-prone.

Slimani hasn’t played for us this season and Okazaki has hardly had a look in similar to Iheanacho, Sturridge in and hopefully Che Adams, Demari Gray is definitely not an option as a stand in striker, he’s not even an option as a winger in my opinion....