Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Sturridge

Danny's touch around goal is second to none. An absolute gift. He just doesn't have the physical ability or work rate to press like Rodgers needs his strikers to do. If he did he'd constantly have thigh injuries which were the issue at Liverpool when Rodgers was there. I sympathize with Strider's comments in terms of contract and payment. I just don't see Rodgers doing this. Rather invest the money in younger players with more of an upside.

3 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Plus a player who relies on constant quality around him.

Don't they all. No man is an island:)

13 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Listening to Radio Leicester on the way home from the match on Friday, someone suggested we go for Andy Carroll of West Ham. lol

First thing I heard when I put the radio on. Immediately turned over.

If it were possible to hire him as a coach. He could teach his gift for finishing to others and I would be more than happy to pay the wages he receives at Liverpool now.

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible. A God given talent. Imagine Gray with Daniel's finishing ability.:jawdrop:

3 hours ago, MPH said:

who would you rather come off the bench or cover for Vardy for a couple of games? Iheanacho or Sturridge?

Sturridge may be damaged goods, but he can still do better than coming to Leicester for mopup duty.

Guest Cujek
4 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

So we’re basically after someone who has the technical ability of Sturridge, with a clean bill of health, younger with Premier League experience and is happy to play as back up to Vardy. Yeh good luck with that one ?

not particularly prem experience, if they are playing understudy to Vardy that aint gonna happen.

But there are plenty of young forwards that fit the bill in the Championship.

All of which i would rather take than Sturridge.

25 minutes ago, Cujek said:

not particularly prem experience, if they are playing understudy to Vardy that aint gonna happen.

But there are plenty of young forwards that fit the bill in the Championship.

All of which i would rather take than Sturridge.

Che Adams. Loads of goals this season, a Leicester lad and Brum will need to sell this summer.

Guest Cujek
10 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Che Adams. Loads of goals this season, a Leicester lad and Brum will need to sell this summer.

He was the main one i was thinking of.

There's no doubting his ability and he has been injury free this season. Maybe Klopps brutal training regime is just what he needed.

We have a lot of financial commitments over the next couple of seasons.

On a moderate basic salary with a pay as you play sweeter and a nice bonus for finishing league position, I think it would make a lot of sense to give him a 12 Month contract with an option of extending it.

That would solve one big problem cheaply, while freeing up funds for other targets.

Yeah... hes an injury prone glass statue but he is such a class footballer. Be hard to not turn him down and if hes not been injured this season, Worth a season long loan deal at least.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

His goal tally in the last 5 seasons

So he hasn't had a decent season since 13/14. This guy is a washed up injury prone sick note. 

Think if you look at his goal to game ratio it looks better.

The guy is a immense striker.

However I would only want him here on a pay as you play contract etc

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Yeah... hes an injury prone glass statue but he is such a class footballer. Be hard to not turn him down and if hes not been injured this season, Worth a season long loan deal at least.

Contract runs out so no loan

Could be a superb signing for Leicester to play alongside Vardy would get a few important goals for us, only worry is that he’s injury prone and often spends more time on the physios bench than the pitch but we have some amazing facilities to help with injuries etc a few trips in the crying chamber and our physios magic touch might just help Sturridge.

But yet again the worries are injuries and he must be on a pretty decent wage at Liverpool so are we willing to take a chance on him but then again he wouldn’t cost us a fee so maybe take a risk on him, could either be a lemon for us or a cracking player worth a go I think !!