Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

That finish was a lot tidier than it first looked. Prime Vardy! 

Totally torn whether he should finish his career with us on a high like a Promotion OR do we give him 12 months more in what will be a very difficult season if we go up and have points deducted. I'd love him to stay and keep us up but it could easily go the other way too and he'd be finishing his time with us on a sour note. 

I have a feeling Enzo will want to keep him 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Totally torn whether he should finish his career with us on a high like a Promotion OR do we give him 12 months more in what will be a very difficult season if we go up and have points deducted. I'd love him to stay and keep us up but it could easily go the other way too and he'd be finishing his time with us on a sour note. 

His last PL season tells you everything you need to know. I think the club would rather put that salary to other uses. If there was a deal, I think we’d have heard about it by now. 

So happy to have got this season from him. That goal today was a delight. 

Vintage Vardy. He played on the shoulder of the last defender as opposed to coming deep. He has tried to play the link up game that Enzo demands, but when he goes back to his natural game, he's still an unbelievable player.

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

His last PL season tells you everything you need to know. I think the club would rather put that salary to other uses. If there was a deal, I think we’d have heard about it by now. 

So happy to have got this season from him. That goal today was a delight. 

his finishing went awol but he was getting in the right spots. let's not forget he had his wife ****ing his head up with that court case that cost him millions. 

• Like 2

He runs like a 20 year old. His goal was vintage JV. His assist for Fatawu's hatrick was just pure unselfish class. He deserves everything and anything this club gives him, for what he has given to this club, because he gives everything. 

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

2 more seasons, one for the great escape after starting on negative points, and one for the repeat…

No chance he’ll walk away after bagging nearly 20 goals this season. He’ll have to agree a new reduced package though, same as all of them really. Hopefully Vesty leaves we really don’t need to be giving him a new deal.

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

He’s never really been given enough credit for his technical ability and football intelligence.:Can’t bear to see him leave. Just one more year, please. 

If he could get a good deal with an MLS team, he could play for us till January then off to the U.S. 

• Like 1

The finish, the unselfish assist, the outlet he gave playing off the shoulder, his intelligent running, desire, team ethic, press, and positive energy last night was peak Vardy.

He really is the greatest player to play for our club in my 55 years on the planet. 🐐💙

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc said:

He can defo help us next season. Even if he did struggle in the prem just take him for cup games / coming off the bench 

I think most (all) people would agree he'd be great to keep around, the issue the club have got themselves into is over whether they can actually afford to. He's one of our higher earners and keeping him for cameos and cup games would be frivolous.

It's bloody rubbish.

How someone that age managed to produce that performance last night is staggering. He’s really ending on a high - by far the greatest player I’ve ever seen wear the shirt. 

And to think back to the shit he copped on here in his first season 😂

Just now, Daggers said:

How someone that age managed to produce that performance last night is staggering. He’s really ending on a high - by far the greatest player I’ve ever seen wear the shirt. 

And to think back to the shit he copped on here in his first season 😂

I know. There were players there 15 years younger than him blowing out of their arse before he was.

I was worried when he was in the lineup - i thought there was no way he could start 2 games so quickly. Must had 'bulled' him up to the eyeballs before the game. I was shattered just watching.

Maybe the montage at the Blackburn game will start off with his 'oh hello' clip, a montage of all his memorable goals over the years, and then him signing a new contract with us... 

Happy to give him a year extension, good to have around, fill in where needed but he can't be the main striker and obviously needs to be on reduced terms.

We are going to have to sign a lot of players, so can't just let everyone leave. 

I have doubted him at times this season, more his all-round play and I've felt he's overdone the shithousery tactics, especially away from home. But to have 18 goals when he's not always been a starter is a great return.