Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

10 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

His last PL season tells you everything you need to know. I think the club would rather put that salary to other uses. If there was a deal, I think we’d have heard about it by now. 

So happy to have got this season from him. That goal today was a delight. 

Not really because everyone was awful last time we were in the prem. That dosent mean he can't hack it anymore and that has been shown by him scoring 16 goals and having the best goals to minute ratio in the championship by miles 

Write him off at your peril 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dannythefox said:

No chance he’ll walk away after bagging nearly 20 goals this season. He’ll have to agree a new reduced package though, same as all of them really. Hopefully Vesty leaves we really don’t need to be giving him a new deal.

You mean vesty who has been our best defender this season?

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It really, really doesn't. The entire squad massively underperformed that season. Something had clearly gone horribly wrong behind the scenes that led to a complete malaise on the pitch. It wasn't just Vardy.

I reckon the club will offer him another year and he will take it. It's probably all been agreed already - they're just waiting on promotion to be confirmed before finalising the terms.

I feel dirty for even saying it, but that season our forwards were banging in goals. We scored the same amount as a top 10 team. Vardy wasn't really part of it.

If there was a magic wand where it just stays amazing and we get a song out of him next season i'm all for it. An itchy part of me feels this is the time to say goodbye. 

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I feel dirty for even saying it, but that season our forwards were banging in goals. We scored the same amount as a top 10 team. Vardy wasn't really part of it.

If there was a magic wand where it just stays amazing and we get a song out of him next season i'm all for it. An itchy part of me feels this is the time to say goodbye. 

I half-agree but next season our striking options are currently Daka and Cannon. Vardy as an option on a reduced wage (he'll know he can't command 70k pw) makes sense.

We probably don't have the wiggle room to buy a striker for the going rate nor can we rely on PD or TC. Low basic, high-er appearance fee contract probably suits all parties.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I half-agree but next season our striking options are currently Daka and Cannon. Vardy as an option on a reduced wage (he'll know he can't command 70k pw) makes sense.

We probably don't have the wiggle room to buy a striker for the going rate nor can we rely on PD or TC. Low basic, high-er appearance fee contract probably suits all parties.

Oh yes - if the wage can come down then it has legs. We have to remember he is still a draw. The buzz around the ground when he gets subbed on is genuinely spine tingling. 

On another note, would be surprised if the club dont offload Daka as well. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Oh yes - if the wage can come down then it has legs. We have to remember he is still a draw. The buzz around the ground when he gets subbed on is genuinely spine tingling. 

On another note, would be surprised if the club dont offload Daka as well. 

I guess his fee would be greater than the amortised value left on his contract but I can't see anybody shelling out north of £6 or 7m in this market.

We'd have to pay more to get a comparable player I think. We're stuck with him I think. He has 9 goals in 26 PL nineties so he's not completely useless, mostly for a shot Rodgers side too.

Anyone on this forum that thinks Vardy is done knows nothing about football.... He should be an inspiration to the other useless lot we have up top ,not including Cannon still learning his trade..

• Like 1

We do have to be sensible with money. Realistically we won't survive next season, so much as I don't want him to go it's not worth paying him huge money to stay. We need to make sure we get the financial reset right and looking long term, we'd be better off using the money to get rid of the idiots that got us into this position to start with i.e. Rudkin.