Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest WarehamFox

This years lap of honour

Recommended Posts

Guest WarehamFox
Posted

Only 2 games away, will obviously be better than last years debacle (so sad that was Vichai's last one) and not the fans fault in the circumstances. Let's give the leaving Champs a great send off this year and I really hope they invite Huth back for a send off he didn't get last year! :trumpet: 

Posted
51 minutes ago, shailen said:

Wasn't it the second last home game last year after the west ham game where we played badly. I don't think many fans knew it was going to happen. 

It was announced before kick off and/or at half time. I think fans knew it was happening but left in annoyance at the performance.

  • Like 1
Guest WarehamFox
Posted

So do we know if it's tomorrow or after the Chelsea game? Birch's run is before the last game.

Guest MattP
Posted

Hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people didn't even bother turning up let alone stayed after the final whistle.

 

One of my mates has already said he isn't bothering as it's Sunday and he'd rather watch the end of season title race.

Posted
11 hours ago, shailen said:

Wasn't it the second last home game last year after the west ham game where we played badly. I don't think many fans knew it was going to happen. 

And the team were clapped off enthusiastically after the Arsenal match after a much better performance and result. Wonder why that wasn't mentioned in the press?

 

Hopefully we'll end on a win and a good ovation.

Posted
1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I had absolutely no idea it was happening and didn't consider it as it wasn't the last match of the season. I would've stayed behind if I'd known eventhough I was fuming at the performance. I would always give my appreciation to Vichai and Top.

How did you miss both the announcements ? I would have been gutted to miss what turned out to be the boss`s last walk round the pitch, he also was handing out teddy bears and handed one to my grandson, now a treasured momento.

Posted
11 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

It was announced before kick off and/or at half time. I think fans knew it was happening but left in annoyance at the performance.

It wasn't announced at half time, and any announcement in the stadium pre-match must have been at least 20 mins before kick off because otherwise I would have heard it. 

 

Apparently it was announced in the days before on the clubs social media (which I don't use), and on the website which I hadn't had reason to use prior to that game, so as far as I was concerned I was completly unaware. Several people who I asked were also unaware. 

 

It was ridiculous of the club to move it from the traditional last game of the season and not announce it within the stadium just prior to kick off, or during half time, or towards the end of the game, or just after the final whistle.

  • Like 2
Posted
12 hours ago, MattP said:

Hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people didn't even bother turning up let alone stayed after the final whistle.

 

One of my mates has already said he isn't bothering as it's Sunday and he'd rather watch the end of season title race.

WTF,,,, I'm interested in the title race but not interested enough to stay away from watching my own teams last home game v Chelsea. Especially as we could do the double over them. :scarf:

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Could be Sarri's last game in charge of Chelsea after we spectacularly turn it into a rout, costing them Champions League football. 

 

Rodgers then takes the mic with a loud Nelson Muntz "HA HA!" :brendan_still:

Posted
1 minute ago, Livid said:

I can’t even remember who our final home gas was against. 

Arsenal. Re-arranged because of cup runs. 

 

The lap of honour was in the West Ham game because that was the original final home game the Saturday before the Arsenal game.

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I was joking. Unlike a large majority I always respected and admired what he did for our club under difficult circumstances. 

I didn't, I thought he was shite.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest WarehamFox
Posted

Should be good this year. Farewell to a couple more and why I started this thread is because I hope Huth is invited back, deserves a proper send off. :appl:

Posted
14 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Should be good this year. Farewell to a couple more and why I started this thread is because I hope Huth is invited back, deserves a proper send off. :appl:

If by proper send off you mean invited on the pitch so we could clap and shout HUUUTTTH one more time, I am sure he had that?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...