Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think we'd need to win 4 and draw 1 of the 7 to get a CL place and that's not happening imo, I'm not even sure we're getting top 6 and if that happens it will be embarrassing, I so hope I'm wrong 

I agree. Optimistically I predict 2 wins and 2 draws from our next 5 matches followed by obligatory losses to Spurs away and United home...that will give us 8 more points and 63 overall. 2 of Wolves/Man U and Chelsea will have between 65-70.

Edited by tickler28
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Fvck knows why so many United fans were calling for Ole’s head earlier in the season, the poor guy was being forced to play shit players like Lingard and Pereira, they were bound to struggle.

Because results and performances were crap, like ours are at the moment. Rodgers hasn't had any mitigation for losing Ndidi, Ricardo and Vardy at stages this season and playing inferior players in their place.

When our team was fully fit and firing, we looked quite good too.

• Like 2

Just now, tickler28 said:

I agree. Optimistically I predict 2 wins and 2 draws from our next 4 matches followed by obligatory losses to Spurs away and United home...that will give us 8 more points and 63 overall. 2 of Wolves/Man U and Chelsea will have between 65-70.

No no no no no. That is one we will win. Vardy will break into 2nd gear for that.

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

No, but Utd and Chelsea will. And Sky and the EPL LTD and no doubt PGMO LTD will be delighted.

Chelsea have two London derbies, Liverpool and wolves to play. And you have yanited with five wins a draw from their last six.   I think that makes yanited unbeaten run will be 20 by seasons end ........

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's fair to say there's now no further room for dropping points against the mid table and lower league dross. We've took the piss since the restart and now we have to knuckle down and mean business. For all Utd's excellence we get any sort of win tomorrow and they have still only gained 2 points on us in 3 games. Time for our spice boys to make a name for themselves. 

****ing hope so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Chelsea have two London derbies, Liverpool and wolves to play. And you have yanited with five wins a draw from their last six.   I think that makes yanited unbeaten run will be 20 by seasons end ........

I don't think any derbies matter these days. No crowd has ruined football like that. Playing at home means **** all too.

Utd can definately win their next 5 and they have us to play, Chelsea their next 4 with Liverpool, Wolves and Utd left, our only chance is to get one more win than wolves and with their fixtures and the way we're playing I can't see it I'm afraid. I think Ricardo out is a huge problem. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't think any derbies matter these days. No crowd has ruined football like that. Playing at home means **** all too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Utd GD only 10 behind us now too. Last game of the season, a 2 or 3 goal win for them could easily mean their GD ends up better than ours, especially if they continue to keep scoring and we struggle.

Exactly, people don't seem to want to wake up and realise that either.

Genuinely think we're battling Chelsea now for the final top 4 spot (and Wolves of course), Man Utd will stroll into the top 3

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I hope it does come down to the last day of the season. On our day we can beat anyone - no matter how much money they've spent.

Our record against the top 6 is pretty mediocre though under Rodgers... zero wins

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Utd GD only 10 behind us now too. Last game of the season, a 2 or 3 goal win for them could easily mean their GD ends up better than ours, especially if they continue to keep scoring and we struggle.

They'll have overtaken us weeks previously by that point.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our record against the top 6 is pretty mediocre though under Rodgers...

It would be great though wouldn't it? a) Because we would still be in with a chance of top4 and b) because I think all the football "intelligence" would be against us. And that is when we are at our best.  (And Vardy would win the Golden boot with his winner)

You've got to have a dream.

Edited by trabuch

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

It would be great though wouldn't it? a) Because we would still be in with a chance of top4 and b) because I think all the football "intelligence" would be against us. And that is when we are at our best.  (And Vardy would win the Golden boot with his winner)

You've got to have a dream.

I'll have a glass of what your drinking please

• Haha 1

All our rivals are winning. Only one thing for it - we have to buck our ideas up and follow suit, starting tomorrow at Everton.

If we don’t, then Rodgers and the players will only have themselves to blame for screwing up this opportunity of a lifetime.

• Like 1

Has anyone got a replay of the side angle of Man U's 2nd goal? I really would like to see that it WAS onside. You know. For my peace of mind. You know - with the lines and everything? Sky are a bit biased aren't they?

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Are we thinking that Man City will have the ban upheld or is it 50-50?

I think we will sneak 5th ahead of Wolves

Depends. If we are 5th Man City will be OK. If it's Spurs they're probably screwed. (I'll get my tinfoil hat)