Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Who's actually good enough to play for a top 4 club in our team?

I'd say only Chilwell, N'didi and Ricardo are good enough to play for a top 4 club.

I understand we're struggling badly at the moment and could slip out but seeing as we're currently top 3 I'd say all of them for now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd love to have seen a replay of it both the offside and the ball out of play. 

If Sky don't show these again at half time they can get in the bin. 

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

Sounds like its time to fire Rodgers and get Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to manage us. Sure he do a better job than Rodgers. At least he'd have a plan "B".

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I understand we're struggling badly at the moment and could slip out but seeing as we're currently top 3 I'd say all of them for now. 

That really had to be said. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That really had to be said. Thank you.

I'll come back to you both in a few games time.

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Who's actually good enough to play for a top 4 club in our team?

I'd say only Chilwell, N'didi and Ricardo are good enough to play for a top 4 club.

So top goal scorer not good enough for the top 4? I know he’s not had a great second half of the season stats wise but he’s still one of the best strikers in the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

So top goal scorer not good enough for the top 4? I know he’s not had a great second half of the season stats wise but he’s still one of the best strikers in the league.

I didn't include Vardy because I thought it was obvious he isn't going to be leaving, he'll retire here or go back to one of his former clubs in the lower leagues.

21 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Man Utd are everything we aren't at the moment. They're playing with confidence and quality but also urgency. They look like they believe they're going to score goals and like it's their priority to do so. Frankly they look like they have some good footballers, where on earth have ours gone since Christmas?

I don't know how can anyone say they have been encouraged by our last match if they're watching this. If we were playing them tonght we'd be hammered out of sight.

Momentum, they look as ruthless as we did from September to December. They are going to take some stopping. Thankfully 3 wins in the next 6 games and we still have it in our hands on the final day, by no means nailed on though.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I didn't include Vardy because I thought it was obvious he isn't going to be leaving, he'll retire here or go back to one of his former clubs in the lower leagues.

Ah fair play I’m with you now lol 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So in that replay we haven't seen the offside lines, and they've said "small bit of luck" with a deflection that completely changes the direction of the ball.

Shaw played on by the left back - we generally see the lines when the decision is going to be reversed .......

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

No analysis of the offside. Or the ball being out of play. Surely that is at least a talking point?

Apparently 32 seconds and more than ten passes (with several reset points for the defence) makes it a non decision for VAR

• Thanks 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Shaw played on by the left back - we generally see the lines when the decision is going to be reversed .......

Apparently 32 seconds and more than ten passes (with several reset points for the defence) makes it a non decision for VAR

We used to see it as it was being done sometimes no? 

Just now, Yes said:

We used to see it as it was being done sometimes no? 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

More as in the replay was never paused at HT to show it onside, as they'd all be aware of the talk on social media etc. Doesn't take a second to pause the screen to show everyone at home 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm resigned to man united overtaking us.

I thought over lockdown we’d be qualified by the time we played them in the last game. I fear it will be a dead rubber with Man U already qualified and us battling for 7th or 8th place. 

Someone please tell me I have just woken from a nightmare 😕

Just now, st albans fox said:

OK. It didn't look like Shaw was onside to me. I would at least liked to have seen it again. 

Brighton clearly looking at Norwich on Saturday as the chance to get the win that should secure them safety. You'll probably see a few weaker line-ups going forward with the short turnaround and the opposition for each team.