Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

14 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I’d say this team has had 8 big games this year where the pressure has really been on.

City home and away - didn’t turn up at home and were dominated away

Liverpool at home - embarrassed

Everton away in the cup - bottled a 2-0 lead with 15 minutes left (won on pens tbf)

Villa home/away in the cup - didn’t turn up in the first leg. Bottled it under the pressure in the second.

Chelsea in the cup - good for 30 mins, gave up in the second half.

i actually agree with you that we could beat anyone - look at how good we were in Sept/October.

However, picturing a circumstance where this team turns up and performs in a ‘must win/do or die’ game is completely alien right now. We’re not ready for it. 

Young teams rarely handle pressure well

I hope we’ve hit rock bottom so to speak.

would love to know how they look on the training field today. Need something anything positive like their hungry and raring to go!

we need to see some steely determination to win this game. 3 points or bust. Cmon foxes wake the F up and finish this season strong.:ranieri:

18 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Young teams rarely handle pressure well

Definitely a fair point. I think when you’ve got Kasper, Evans & Vardy regularly starting it’s a bit disappointing that we’ve not come out on the winning side more than once on those occasions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Listen, a good win tomorrow and it’s game on. Must win, end of. Bought this pressure on ourselves 

I will feel like I've had my first shit in a month if we win tomorrow, it'd be ****ing incredible to look at the table and see a six point gap to fifth. That'll feel massive with six games to go. 

But given the extreme likelihood that we'll lose, I'm kinda feeling everyone's doom and gloom ngl. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not even discrete how corrupt it is. It'd be fantastic if it all came out one day.

Kinda funny really, for half a season they experimented to see what would happen if VAR neutralised corruption except in Liverpool games.

Arsenal and Manchester United, in middle of nowhere in table.

2020 they fix it, and Manchester United look like they going to get in the CL.

These big teams are intertwined within the FA.  They work with them on England national games, England first team players get moved to those clubs, and of course they the branding of English football.  Then you have the problem you have glory supporters scattered round the country, one cannot be sure because a ref was born in Derby they not a glory supporter.

Edited by Chrysalis

6 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Are we thinking that Man City will have the ban upheld or is it 50-50?

I think we will sneak 5th ahead of Wolves

Wolves are on even better form than Manchester United right now, they not getting the fancy 3-0 wins but they are winning.

Its frightening we gone from certainties to praying for the CL ban, but then even realising even with the ban we probably wont make it.

I think we heading for 6th unless our form completely changes quickly 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trabuch said:

Man U are nowhere near as good without Fernandes - he absolutely world class. And he gees up Pogba.  Best buy of the season.

Said in January that it was the signing I didn't want them to make and they shouldn't be written off.

I still don't rate OGS but fear they'll sneak past us due to the sheer quality of their team.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, trabuch said:

Man U are nowhere near as good without Fernandes - he absolutely world class. And he gees up Pogba.  Best buy of the season.

Very influential on the side. He's made them that much better. As I've said before Pogba on his day is World Class too, them two together on form could be brilliant for Man Utd for years to come.

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

we need the S.S Huth to locate all insta posts from our challengers that are cringey and print them all over the changing room

S.S Huth lollol 

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Said in January that it was the signing I didn't want them to make and they shouldn't be written off.

I still don't rate OGS but fear they'll sneak past us due to the sheer quality of their team.

Sneak past us? We've opened the gates, rolled out the red carpet and laid on a spread lol

• Haha 1

As much as I have lost any confidence in this team, and we have been poor for a very long time with the odd good performance, if we can somehow sneak a win tonight and West Ham take points off Chelsea, the picture changes once again. However, as I have said before, Man U and Wolves have a good set of fixtures that will mean they will continue their good runs. If we can get back to back wins or a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games, I think we will be OK and pressure comes off.

Either way, there is no way we drop out of Top 6 unless we have an absolute mare and go winless until the end of the season.

Everton, Palace, Arsenal and Bournemouth require a point return of 7 minimum but more would be good. If we can get that, we will be fine with the last 3 games to come. We then have Sheff Utd which should be at least a point. Before playing Spurs and Man U I would like to have seen a good points return and a healthy gap.

We can only take it game by game...

The maths of the situation allows us to lose tonight and draw on Saturday and we'll STILL be in complete control of our destiny.

Our performances need to improve and we have to start winning soon, but the world doesn't end tonight even if we lose.

A certain calmness and perspective is required.  If we are still winless after the Palace game, then we have a big problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That_Dude said:

From the Offset of this season...Too many in this forum were happily,putting Chelsea & Manutd down has weakness unstable poor Managed clubs...

You all forget,that These 2 clubs still have the financial clout,but more importantly....

# Top underrated young managers,whos Critics were just Too early in and easily ready to Jump in .in made up weak rhetoric....

Forgetting These 2 ,are a Mirror of Tradition fight,competence and knowledge of their own traditional Top Clubs they represent...

# They know in depth their squad ,!! and actual Youth potential ( vastley underrated on this forum and by the media).I

Both squads have a cache of young  potential  talent they are willing to push through,to motivate competition

( Leicesters weakness for years)...They have enough young Talented players,that if 3-4 fail there is enough  wide spread  characters that will push through.Plus their experienced players,are as Good as anywhere in Europe and because of Cross-Club jealousies,are easy targets for the cynical,blind fans,when they occasionally lose form..These Two managers dont think twice of benching them,and introduce less experienced or new faces...

I also Enjoy watching These 2 clubs struggle,especially when we ourselves or Wolves  can take advantage,but year in,year out,One learns that they have created through their winning tradition a solid  Platform of strength in depth,even with those unknown Player awaiting in the wings...They have time,Plus   patience is given for the new buys,even if it means,putting them on the bench,

or out of the day squad for awhile..

Frank & Ole are showing up the cynical and poor judge of situation & character in the season's  Opposition from fans/Media,

There is more to following the Real Football than jumping on and nonchalently, easily, lazily posting  unknowledgably criticicism

of people which is season in season out far too early....

That on this forum as become the norm,then one sees the unbalanced frustration that step in...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Wonder if the Sky presenters will be wearing the BLM badges tonight after the Premier League statement about political associations. Cates, Evra and Rednapp didn't yesterday and Le Tiss is said to be reviewing. Sky say its not enforcing it. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Wonder if the Sky presenters will be wearing the BLM badges tonight after the Premier League statement about political associations. Cates, Evra and Rednapp didn't yesterday and Le Tiss is said to be reviewing. Sky say its not enforcing it. 

They're all trying to distance themselves from the BLM organisation after it turns out they hate Jews:ph34r:lol

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They're all trying to distance themselves from the BLM organisation after it turns out they hate Jews:ph34r:lol

Seems the Premier League jumped on the bandwagon without thinking it through. Pep got a ban for wearing a ribbon supporting Catalonia independence. They've been caught by their own rules. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328

Edited by Spudulike

Man Utd's 3rd goal last night was a classic example of a very good goal being over exaggerated as a something amazing Carlos Alberto / Van Basten hybrid. Was expecting this sensational goal from the way the media were talking about and just watched it on youtube feeling a bit disappointed, maybe my fault for expecting too much.

Also, as good as Matic's pass was, its not 'on the volley' (as its being widely described) if it bounces before it gets to you and then you chest it before passing it. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Man Utd's 3rd goal last night was a classic example of a very good goal being over exaggerated as a something amazing Carlos Alberto / Van Basten hybrid. Was expecting this sensational goal from the way the media were talking about and just watched it on youtube feeling a bit disappointed, maybe my fault for expecting too much.

Also, as good as Matic's pass was, its not 'on the volley' (as its being widely described) if it bounces before it gets to you and then you chest it before passing it. 

We have no chance of scoring that type goal at the moment 

a) none of our players make the matic pass as likely to give away possession

b) none of our wide players put in that cross on the run (reckon only vardy would attempt it)

c) none of our players attempt that volley finish

that goal is only scored by a side winning a game dripping in self belief and confidence 

• Like 3