Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Man Utd's 3rd goal last night was a classic example of a very good goal being over exaggerated as a something amazing Carlos Alberto / Van Basten hybrid. Was expecting this sensational goal from the way the media were talking about and just watched it on youtube feeling a bit disappointed, maybe my fault for expecting too much.

Also, as good as Matic's pass was, its not 'on the volley' (as its being widely described) if it bounces before it gets to you and then you chest it before passing it. 

Ironic because Carlos Alberto’s is one of the most overrated goals in history.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We have no chance of scoring that type goal at the moment 

a) none of our players make the matic pass as likely to give away possession

b) none of our wide players put in that cross on the run (reckon only vardy would attempt it)

c) none of our players attempt that volley finish

that goal is only scored by a side winning a game dripping in self belief and confidence 

Which we are hopefully Building to.

The fans should look at other successful clubs,it takes sometime and patience.Rodgers will have targets,see twists and turns over 2-4 seasons,

You cant develope Quality und consistent form in One season.One will just have to accept,that Top players will come and go,hoping you get enough time to put over your plans and ideal team character.

We cant compete against many top squads,simply because we cant afford 3-5 miss placed investments,like they can carry,or afford  to Loan them out,waiting to see if they come good.

Plus we Need growth and see some more young solid talent,Coming from our secondary teams..then learn not to be over zealous when looking for new players, to compliment immediately the First Team squad....

Edited by fuchsntf

Whilst Man United and Wolves are in great form, we don't know yet how they'll cope with being chased rather than doing the chasing. Hopefully it won't come to it and we'll keep the distance but it shouldn't be assumed they'll carry on as normal.

The pressure changes should positions change.

There's very likely to be some form of decision-corruption going on, but who would potentially take the Premier League/The FA on and push them to explain in full the reasons in certain decision-making etc?

Think VAR has made the game worse for these suspicions, as if it's no longer a conspiracy theory.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There's very likely to be some form of decision-corruption going on, but who would potentially take the Premier League/The FA on and push them to explain in full the reasons in certain decision-making etc?

Think VAR has made the game worse for these suspicions, as if it's no longer a conspiracy theory.

You don't believe that do you?

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

You don't believe that do you?

I don't like to say it but I tend to agree with the original comment. Once or twice to not go your way will happen. But every handball we have not got a penalty and any that touch our hand they give. For a system that is meant to be very accurate there are still huge differences. 

Soyuncu V Livepool

Ndidi Tonight were both pens. 

Stirling and Mane dives Both pens.

Not given 

Villa Cup - Blatant

Brighton last week

Rüdiger hand behind his back

de Bruyne in the wall 

Ederson punching Kelechi and clearing out Barnes

Ben Mee Burnely handball

I am sure there was a handball in the Arsenal game as well which somehow the referee missed and var. 

Vardy - Booked v Watford at home blatant pen. 

There are too many on this list that should have been penalties. Taking aside my bias as a Leicester fan, I know wolves and Sheff Utd have had bad decisions as well. But there are a host here for us that should easily have been given. If they were at a big club they would have got them. The issue is not var really, it is the person in charge which effectively is a referee choosing whatever he wants at that time without any clarity or consistency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unique FC said:

I don't like to say it but I tend to agree with the original comment. Once or twice to not go your way will happen. But every handball we have not got a penalty and any that touch our hand they give. For a system that is meant to be very accurate there are still huge differences. 

Soyuncu V Livepool

Ndidi Tonight were both pens. 

Stirling and Mane dives Both pens.

Not given 

Villa Cup - Blatant

Brighton last week

Rüdiger hand behind his back

de Bruyne in the wall 

Ederson punching Kelechi and clearing out Barnes

Ben Mee Burnely handball

I am sure there was a handball in the Arsenal game as well which somehow the referee missed and var. 

Vardy - Booked v Watford at home blatant pen. 

There are too many on this list that should have been penalties. Taking aside my bias as a Leicester fan, I know wolves and Sheff Utd have had bad decisions as well. But there are a host here for us that should easily have been given. If they were at a big club they would have got them. The issue is not var really, it is the person in charge which effectively is a referee choosing whatever he wants at that time without any clarity or consistency. 

Please don't go the penalty path.