Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Did VAR really not overrule the penalty decision because its a female referee? 

That isn't a penalty. Didn't touch the player. 

Male or female, an incorrect decision is an incorrect decision and VAR is there to be used. 

What makes you think it's bias rather than error of judgement?

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Shock horror 

Liverpool legend thinks penalty against Liverpool was wrong 

But he is right. Abraham dived, Adrian didn't touch him, the ref got it wrong but because VAR didn't want to overrule or embarrass her on her big night, political correctness ruled and the wrong decision remained. QED.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

But he is right. Abraham dived, Adrian didn't touch him, the ref got it wrong but because VAR didn't want to overrule or embarrass her on her big night, political correctness ruled and the wrong decision remained. QED.

Thats some conspiracy :) 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The gender of the ref had 0 to do with that VAR call. 

Just now, Foxxed said:

What makes you think it's bias rather than error of judgement?

I believe it was. Abraham dived, GK didn't touch him.

Why else didnt VAR overturn it or even get the ref to have a look? 

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

What makes you think it was the gender of the ref? 

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

I believe it was. Abraham dived, GK didn't touch him.

Why else didnt VAR overturn it or even get the ref to have a look? 

Error of judgment on a late night by VAR? It's a simpler explanation.

Allowing her error of judgement to persist wouldn't be helping her.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

VAR official must have felt there wasn't a clear and obvious error.

But if the player was never touched then it is a clear and obvious error. Could of at least had the referee review on the screen surely. 

Just to highlight, I'm in no way against female referees, but if I am correct in my thinking it's just terribly patronising. 

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

But if the player was never touched then it is a clear and obvious error. Could of at least had the referee review on the screen surely. 

Just to highlight, I'm in no way against female referees, but if I am correct in my thinking it's just terribly patronising. 

No as in if the VAR can't tell the official has mad a clear and obvious error it won't intervene. 

• Like 1

Steve Mcmanaman is a twat 

Saying people would accuse him of bias, shock horror. Has he listened to his own commentary? He's as bias as they come.

Also the sympathy for Liverpool playing in 72 hours; forgetting Chelsea played on Sunday? 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

What makes you think it was the gender of the ref? 

I never said that it was the gender of the ref that was the reason for the error, you idiot. I said that the circumstances demanded that VAR did not want to overrule or embarrass her. That's where the fault/blame lies.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

No as in if the VAR can't tell the official has mad a clear and obvious error it won't intervene. 

Maybe I am overthinking it. I just believed that if VAR is to be used, it should, regardless of the ref. When we have seen VAR used for half a toenail offside (not clear and obvious) then surely they should use it for that incident. Its not consistent and appeared to favour tonight's ref, which makes you speculate the reason (I.e. First female ref in a Men's cup final)

Either way, it just adds more scrutiny on VAR. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

VAR official must have felt there wasn't a clear and obvious error.

Irrespective of the Ref’s gender, what exactly makes an error ‘clear and obvious’?- not trying to be a d**k but just genuinely interested in broaching the question!

I think in the case of penalties, clear and obvious seems to imply that there is something objectively wrong with the referees call, something that VAR would either definitely or likely overturn. I think if almost no one thinks it’s a penalty, then that’s probably a good indication that it’s close to being objectively wrong with regards to the interpretation of the rules on penalties, and I would take it to be a potentially clear and obvious error concerning a game changing decision. Both me and my girlfriend were almost shocked that it didn’t go to VAR. Very unusual to not even get a prompt to check it, given that it really did not look like a pen.

can’t ever remember a team playing extra time and then not playing well the next match because of it. they’re pro footballers, an extra thirty minutes of what is essentially walking round is not gonna suddenly turn them from chelsea players to coventry players. 

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know it’s assisted us with the Chelsea but find  it bizarre Liverpool will be playing again on Saturday, 3pm. Surely would have made sense for the Chelsea and Liverpool games being both Sunday.

Similarly I’m not sure if Wolves will be happy playing Monday night to then play Thursday in Turin. Their players will literally have recovery Tuesday and then off on a plane for Wednesday. With Wolves having their home

leg on Thursday, a Sunday afternoon kick off makes.

Yes I'd much rather we played Sunday instead of Monday. You sell your soul to the TV companies though, and they don't give a damn. 

Oh and I agree, VAR didn't want to over-rule that pen and make it high profile because it's an all woman officiating team. 

Edited by The Bear

19 minutes ago, Hammo said:

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I never said that it was the gender of the ref that was the reason for the error, you idiot. I said that the circumstances demanded that VAR did not want to overrule or embarrass her. That's where the fault/blame lies.

Therefore you're saying the decision wasn't changed due to her gender? 

That's complete bullshit mate. They've shown us the angles and you can't clearly and obviously see there was no contact. The angle BT showed that VAR doesn't have, it does show that she was wrong.

But w/e the decision was wrong and it just shows the system needs a rework 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Therefore you're saying the decision wasn't changed due to her gender? 

That's complete bullshit mate. They've shown us the angles and you can't clearly and obviously see there was no contact. The angle BT showed that VAR doesn't have, it does show that she was wrong.

It is amazing how TV cameras  have more views to show us lot on the sofa causing these debates, but the actual officials whose job it is to make sure the game is completely fairly and lawfully have limited views. 

VAR clearly isn't efficient in its current state. 

• Like 1