Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Is it just me or are those figures decent figures being presented as though they're incredible?

Ps. For the record, I'm not actually bitter about HM's move. Just think it's ridiculous how he's the new Franco Baresi purely because he now wears a Man United shirt.

I agree. Players get more praise when they move to a big club. Ricardo will give through another excellent season without OTT hype, but when he moves to PSG next summer he will be treated like Jesus & Mohamed rolled into one. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Is it just me or are those figures decent figures being presented as though they're incredible?

Ps. For the record, I'm not actually bitter about HM's move. Just think it's ridiculous how he's the new Franco Baresi purely because he now wears a Man United shirt.

Soyuncu today

92% pass completion (from quite a lot more attempts)

5/7 headers won

3 clearances

3 interceptions

1 head like a Dreamworks cartoon character

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Soyuncu today

92% pass completion (from quite a lot more attempts)

5/7 headers won

3 clearances

3 interceptions

1 head like a Dreamworks cartoon character

1 absolutely brilliant barge over which left the striker dazed and confused

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Most passes all weekend, not a good thing

936CC048-D788-4B5A-9776-DEBBE5512246.jpeg

Why is that not a good thing? Surely it’s more indifferent than anything. One of those stats that doesn’t really mean a great deal. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

People forget that Swanses were more than just keeping the ball. They were sensational to watch between 2010-2014. Some truly outstanding football. Rodgers under Swansea were brilliant. And he did that with Dyer, Routledge, Michu and Joe Allen. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, shailen said:

Maguire had a good game, but never MOTM for me. The United forwards were devastating and excellent imo.

On that day I just thought that Chelsea were shit. People keeping banging on about Chelsea being statistically good and unlucky (because of the Lampard Love-in), problem was they weren't actually good! They were good in the same way Norwich were good on Friday.

United are still along way off the likes of Man City and Liverpool at present.

It a bit irritating what a wankfest all the media are having over Maguire now to be honest, they didn't give a shit when he was here, the spaffing over United is intolerable. The more crap like this goes on the more I hope he gets ripped apart by Man City or Liverpool when they play. 

• Thanks 1

The whole Maguire and United media coverage has been absolutely nauseating.   I still don’t think we should’ve sold him. Makes us look like fools. We just need an ex player at Spurs and Liverpool to complete the big 6 bum in and ridicule of our club. 

3 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

The whole Maguire and United media coverage has been absolutely nauseating.   I still don’t think we should’ve sold him. Makes us look like fools. We just need an ex player at Spurs and Liverpool to complete the big 6 bum in and ridicule of our club. 

Who's at Arsenal then?

Maguire did a solid job, but Man Utd had one of those days where everything went their way. Chelsea played some good stuff (well apart from their defense and especially Zouma) and hit the woodwork twice. Maguire has a great personality though and I also noticed how he was first to hug and acknowledge Pogba after both of his assists; he will be a huge plus in their dressing room with his attitude.

I am sad that we had to let him go, but he wanted the chance to play for one of the giants, so what can you do. At least we got paid pretty well.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Looks like Harry wants to eat one of the players to me lol

4E5EEFF2-DF43-472C-B990-B94B5E2E4E5C.jpeg

The look on James's face makes it look like he already has. The more I look at that picture the more I feel like I should be giving a witness statement.

• Haha 2