Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bullshit. Didnt Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid amongst others all get bans for this?

Good to see that it's a level playing field for all Premier League teams...the "punishment" is a disgraceful 2 fingers up to Chelsea imo. :dunno:

37 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I assume Merson missed us having nearly 70% possession and 24 shots when we battered his beloved Arsenal in April? It really annoys me that people like him are paid a fortune to provide an "expert" opinion and yet can't be bothered to do even the most basic research.

It again sums up the state of football pundits in this country. They can only be arsed to research six teams in the country - is it really that hard to do? We're coming about 8th-10th now as a median and they get our style of play almost completely wrong.

Sky know Merson is full of shit but it gets people talking. I'd imagine every single social media clip they post of him gets more interactions than most, he's human clickbait and that's what matters.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It again sums up the state of football pundits in this country. They can only be arsed to research six teams in the country - is it really that hard to do? We're coming about 8th-10th now as a median and they get our style of play almost completely wrong.

Sheffield United were called a long-ball team by Danny Mills last week. It's embarrassing and they almost pride themselves on knowing bugger all.

• Like 3

On 11/08/2019 at 20:26, Paddy. said:

Is it just me or are those figures decent figures being presented as though they're incredible?

Ps. For the record, I'm not actually bitter about HM's move. Just think it's ridiculous how he's the new Franco Baresi purely because he now wears a Man United shirt.

Might have posted it before but I'm convinced they could have lost 4-0 and he'd have still got MOTM.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Paul Merson and Soccer Saturday still peddling the myth that we sit on our 18 yard box and counter teams. **** me, am I back in 16/17? What year are these guys living in? We've dominated possession most weeks for about 2 years now. Puel and Rodgers play Maguire on the halfway line. 

Also may have posted this when I saw it but he said he wasn't sure about Maupay (despite the fact he scored about 40 in 60 for Brentford) yet claimed Welbeck was a great signing (and he's on a three year deal!). If they aren't English he doesn't like them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Anyone who calls Leicester a set piece side I disregard the opinion of on the spot. 

Yeah, if anything we're the opposite of that. Our goals scored at set pieces/ goals conceded at set pieces ratio must have been one of the worst of the top and mid table teams, we were crap at defending them if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Merson is a brain dead retard. Absolutely steals a living because people think it's "funny" that he can't pronounce basic names and knows **** all. 

Strikes me as the type of man you'd meet at your local pub. Except the sh** he comes out with, I'd rather go for a quiet one lol

Leicester City

Everton (H) – 16/8/14 v Wolves (H) – 11/8/19

Leicester-1.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=

EVOLUTION How every Premier League team looked in 2014 compared to now – Chelsea and Manchester United fans look away

https://talksport.com/football/586447/premier-league-team-news-five-years-then-now-2014-chelsea-manchester-united-fans/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1