Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Well Burnley edged that. Why have Arse sat back after taking the lead? Arse have a killer frontline but aren't using it. Tarkowski winning all the balls into the box.

My question.

Arse were called offside (correctly as it happens but irrelevant to my question) and then scored. There was a VAR check. Why? I thought if the call was made on the pitch then the game is officially stoppped so the goal can't count even if it was onside. Players can claim they stopped defending etc... I know that they aren't supposed to call offside on the pitch if its close, but if they do surely anything that happens after is annulled.

Game is okay but I turned it on to watch Danny - I guess he's not fit yet. Will he replace Cork?

Arse better team but clearly not unbeatable.

Probably Arse win here, draw at best. Burnley won't be involved in a relegation battle, they look 8 to 10 for me.

The games only paused if the whistle is blown, refs are told to pause if it's marginal and allow the play to continue if in those areas with VAR able to review. Well that's how I understand it to be.

Dyche said Drinky lacked match fitness assume until he gets that he won't be in the squad. 

Burnley for me will be below 10th, there's too much quality in the top 10 and they're still too reliant in being a physical team for me. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The games only paused if the whistle is blown, refs are told to pause if it's marginal and allow the play to continue if in those areas with VAR able to review. Well that's how I understand it to be.

Dyche said Drinky lacked match fitness assume until he gets that he won't be in the squad. 

Burnley for me will be below 10th, there's too much quality in the top 10 and they're still too reliant in being a physical team for me. 

Didn't the Ref blow his whistle? I must admit I'm watching with sound pretty low so that I don't have to listen to idiot commentators. It seemed the goal wasn't called and then VAR checked it. If he didn't blow then I understand. Thanks for the answer.

Just now, FIF said:

Didn't the Ref blow his whistle? I must admit I'm watching with sound pretty low so that I don't have to listen to idiot commentators. It seemed the goal wasn't called and then VAR checked it. If he didn't blow then I understand. Thanks for the answer.

I remember reading something a while ago so I could be wrong, but I believe refs were told to hold the whistle in those cases. 

Don't blame you though, commentators talk too much these days, and its mostly bullshit anyway. I don't mind the odd bit of good information or tactical analysis; but mostly its just shit I don't care for.

When playing this 433, Arsenal are lacking a number 10. 

The play just there was perfect to drop it back to a player making a run to the edge of the box, who then has 4 choices of either shooting or picking out one of the front 3.

Edited by UniFox21

That Lonergan goal really did sum up Micky Adams' appalling Dad's Army policy. Just lump every available over-35 together no matter how past it they were. 

Pressman just one of a number of pointless signings.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Gonna be seeing a bit more of this I think ...   :D

They were top of the league nearly as long as spurs.

• Haha 3