Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Maybe, having managed Liverpool and Cltic he'd now prefer a 'big' foreign club. Certainly would be a good test for him and British Managers, whether any club would take the chance, who knows.

29 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe, having managed Liverpool and Cltic he'd now prefer a 'big' foreign club. Certainly would be a good test for him and British Managers, whether any club would take the chance, who knows.

I certainly think he'd go if one of the elite perennial CL sides called - Juventus, PSG, Bayern, one of the Spanish giants.  But I don't think any of them would hire a British manager at this point and if they did, there'd be others ahead of Rodgers in the queue.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I certainly think he'd go if one of the elite perennial CL sides called - Juventus, PSG, Bayern, one of the Spanish giants.  But I don't think any of them would hire a British manager at this point and if they did, there'd be others ahead of Rodgers in the queue.

Would there? I'm trying to think of current top British managers ahead of Rodgers and i'm struggling... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Which British managers would be ahead of him?

24 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Would there? I'm trying to think of current top British managers ahead of Rodgers and i'm struggling... 

Well, now you mention it that might be a good question. I actually can’t think of one.

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Funny thing is I know he scored tons of goals and is the golden one as far as English media is concerned but I just don't see him at Barca or Real.

He’s another Shearer I think. In the grand scheme of things I think he’ll score tons of goals in England but ultimately win next to nothing (I know AS won the Prem with Blackburn) 

You could never imagine somebody like Shearer abroad either. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Sorry for the link to a The S*n but couldn't find the story elsewhere. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9801754/premier-league-var-penalty/amp

The referee has milliseconds to see the potential foul, and a couple of seconds to actually make a decision. 

Surely the best way forward without simply over-ruling the ref is to tell him to go over to the monitor and make the decision himself with a better view of the incident. 

I don't care if it adds another 60s, I just want the right decision ultimately being made. Then if the ref decides not to change his mind he is rightfully open to valid criticism from both the fans and the assessors. 

Edited by The Bear

Just now, The Bear said:

Sorry for the link to a The S*n but couldn't find the story elsewhere. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9801754/premier-league-var-penalty/amp

The referee has milliseconds to see the potential foul, and very few seconds to actually make a decision. 

Surely the best way forward without simply over-ruling the refs decision is to tell him to go over to the monitor and make the decision hinelself with a better view of the incident. 

I don't care if it adds another 60s, I just want the right decision ultimately being made. Then if the ref decides not to change his mind he is rightfully open to valid criticism from both the fans and the assessors. 

As is the problem with VAR I think it would take emotion away from the game. You score. You have to wait for the ref to run over to a tele to see if hes gonna give it or not. 

I'm on about penalties that haven't been given. 

The game is still in play. They tell him he shoukd have another look at the penalty incident, he blows his whistle to stop the game, makes the VAR rectangle signal and runs over to the monitor. If nothing comes of it, he restarts the game with the uncontested drop ball for whichever team was in possession. 

It might be an issue if the team is counter-attacking at the time, maybe he can wait for that to play out before stopping it. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm on about penalties that haven't been given. 

The game is still in play. They tell him he shoukd have another look at the penalty incident, he blows his whistle to stop the game, makes the VAR rectangle signal and runs over to the monitor. If nothing comes of it, he restarts the game with the uncontested drop ball for whichever team was in possession. 

It might be an issue if the team is counter-attacking at the time, maybe he can wait for that to play out before stopping it. 

But then you may aswell leave it to the guy in the room watching it why the play is going on? I don't think it got it wrong with kane, did what it was ment to do there for me and admittedly I didn't see the Silva incident but if it still stands that its 'only in the case of a clear and obvious error' he wouldn't have been told to go to those screens in those situations. 

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

But then you may aswell leave it to the guy in the room watching it why the play is going on? I don't think it got it wrong with kane, did what it was ment to do there for me and admittedly I didn't see the Silva incident but if it still stands that its 'only in the case of a clear and obvious error' he wouldn't have been told to go to those screens in those situations. 

Well the whole point is not to over-rule the ref, and let him look again to make the decision. But yeah you could do that. The Premier League don't want to though.