Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Personally, I quite enjoy having some other clubs' fans around the place - it gives an interesting perspective on things I don't always follow - the only downside is that it causes some posters to try to out-WUM each other lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

A team that struggled to break down teams that defended deep, that liked to nick a win on the counter, who struggled without space to operate in - are you talking Wolves or us, in our previous playing style? Albeit, we didn't park the bus per se, and obviously weren't useless, but everything you're slamming Wolves doing stylistically is stuff we used to do.

I'm not a huge fan of Wolves, but I don't think they just park the bus or play shit football anyway, so I've got to say I disagree with you on all fronts bar preferring to be a Leicester fan.

Oh jog on pal.

Sorry I don't like your beloved Wolves.

Here's a forum you can join where you might find other people who share your interest https://molineuxmix.co.uk/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

What a load of rubbish. 

You scored a massive 4 goals more than us last season, and you have 1 more than us so far this season under that attacking mastermind Rodgers. 

#busparkers

Our defence conceded 12 goals less too, so clearly we have a good balance and don't just defend. That's why we aren't getting restless and why we won't be turning on Nuno any time soon. 

Playing twice a week now the league season has started is what is hampering our performances. Yesterday we looked lacklustre, same as against you. Still haven't lost yet though, same as you. 

Sorry if the above caused offence the Bear, I admit it was strongly worded.

You're a decent bloke by all accounts and a valued poster on here, but I do think this whole idea that Wolves play sparking football is an utter myth, every time I have seen Wolves they are a very negative defensive team and it can work vs teams that attack, but its never going to work when playing lower half sides who don't come out and leave space.

And ultimately I think as expectations rise people will turn on Nuno. Unless he can prove he is able to have a plan B vs the defensive sides. Sorry.

You do make a valid point about the fatigue etc but then again Wolves also had the same issues, a lot of dropped points vs defensive sides at home last year so I'd say its a recurring problem for yous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're a decent bloke by all accounts and a valued poster on here, but I do think this whole idea that Wolves play sparking football is an utter myth, every time I have seen Wolves they are a very negative defensive team and it can work vs teams that attack, but its never going to work when playing lower half sides who don't come out and leave space.

And ultimately I think as expectations rise people will turn on Nuno. Unless he can prove he is able to have a plan B vs the defensive sides. Sorry.

You do make a valid point about the fatigue etc but then again Wolves also had the same issues, a lot of dropped points vs defensive sides at home last year so I'd say its a recurring problem for yous.

Nah mate it ain't defensive it's just how Wolves play. Nuno has created this new brand of football that looks the pits but it's actually genius and therefore only geniuses can understand it

• Haha 3

Early days but isn’t what we all thought would happen to Wolves actually happening? 

Big boys misfiring and the ‘best of the rest’ pack slow to start; this could be a great year for us.

My biggest concern is that there isn’t a clear run in our fixtures. For every relegation/ mid table encounter, we go to a top 6 team the week after. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

What a load of rubbish. 

You scored a massive 4 goals more than us last season, and you have 1 more than us so far this season under that attacking mastermind Rodgers. 

#busparkers

Our defence conceded 12 goals less too, so clearly we have a good balance and don't just defend. That's why we aren't getting restless and why we won't be turning on Nuno any time soon. 

Playing twice a week now the league season has started is what is hampering our performances. Yesterday we looked lacklustre, same as against you. Still haven't lost yet though, same as you. 

Worth noting we had 7 months of Puel last season to be fair.

After he was sacked we scored 19 goals in our last 11 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're a decent bloke by all accounts and a valued poster on here, but I do think this whole idea that Wolves play sparking football is an utter myth

I've never once suggested that. You lot on here like to think that because I defend the point we are purely a defensive side who just put men behind the ball. 

Yesterday was our third game in seven days. Any team will struggle to perform to anywhere near their best with that schedule. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Early days but isn’t what we all thought would happen to Wolves actually happening? 

Big boys misfiring and the ‘best of the rest’ pack slow to start; this could be a great year for us.

My biggest concern is that there isn’t a clear run in our fixtures. For every relegation/ mid table encounter, we go to a top 6 team the week after. 

I like the fact our fixture list is mixed. It focuses the mind and they should be less complacency if they know a bigger match it next up. It should make us more hungry to win against lesser teams too.

And, again, I say, the only two teams we should be worried about this season are Man City and Liverpool. The rest are very beatable. I'm sure they are just as worried about us as we are them, maybe even more so because they will still be seen as favourites to beat us.

We should certainly be aiming for top 6 this season whilst the other so called 'big 4' go through transitional periods with managers who have basically won nothing in the P/L. 

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But how Zaha managed to cross the ball into Young after beating him twice kinda sums up Zaha as a player

All the show-boating then tries to whip in a lazy cross anyway lol 

Zaha gets far too much attention compared to his supposed talent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fair play to Andros for backing up young there. Football these days is too fast to take the piss out of players. 

But how Zaha managed to cross the ball into Young after beating him twice kinda sums up Zaha as a player

The little drag before crossing was so pointless, he had a clear opportunity to get the ball into the box. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Oh jog on pal.

Sorry I don't like your beloved Wolves.

Here's a forum you can join where you might find other people who share your interest https://molineuxmix.co.uk/

I'll pass thanks.

I just prefer to support my team without trying to tear down and talk nonsense about other teams around us, but you do you! :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All the show-boating then tries to whip in a lazy cross anyway lol 

Zaha gets far too much attention compared to his supposed talent.

He's a hugely talented player, just seems to lack that football brain at times.

But that video sums him up tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

The little drag before crossing was so pointless, he had a clear opportunity to get the ball into the box. 

Exactly, tries to do too much and then fails in doing the simple bits

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

That just sums up Zaha doesn't it. Always one extra touch, always take one one extra player. He had a 2 or 3 opportunities to cross that or offload the ball. Completely pointless player made for the YouTube generation does amazing thing every trn games and people think he's amazing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Var had a stinker this weekend 

I don't agree. I presume you are referring to the penalties that were not given - these were referee decisions, and although probably penalties were not clear and obvious errors- which it has to be to overturn a decision by the referee. And it was such an error that led to Zouma's "goal" when Krul was clearly fouled.

13 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I don't agree. I presume you are referring to the penalties that were not given - these were referee decisions, and although probably penalties were not clear and obvious errors- which it has to be to overturn a decision by the referee. And it was such an error that led to Zouma's "goal" when Krul was clearly fouled.

The Lerma one on Silva was blatantly a penalty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Is it just me who feels like VAR is being used differently from the first weekend? I'm convinced I've seen milimetre offside goals given?

You may be right but I haven't seen any. Certainly millimetre offside goals (including immediate play beforehand( have been disallowed - wrongly in my opinion as I have expalined in VAR thead. And of course the difference between these decisions is it is considered it is a question of fact (similar to whether the ball has crossed the line) compared to interpretatin as to whether or not a foul has been comitted

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Fair play to Andros for backing up young there. Football these days is too fast to take the piss out of players. 

Yep . Well said Andros.

(PS : thank you for not signing for us in the summer when all the press reports were that you would:thumbup: