Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Matt Ritchie out for 2 months after Choudhury tackle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49523349

Just watched Steve Bruce press conf on Sky Sports news....feel sorry for Ritchie but having watched the challenge by Choudhury many times from the one angle available still feel he got the ball cleanly and there was no malice in the follow through.....Just an unfortunate collision .....you see far worse challenges that don’t result in long term injury  every week 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irishfoxkev said:

Just watched Steve Bruce press conf on Sky Sports news....feel sorry for Ritchie but having watched the challenge by Choudhury many times from the one angle available still feel he got the ball cleanly and there was no malice in the follow through.....Just an unfortunate collision .....you see far worse challenges that don’t result in long term injury  every week 

Yeah... If Bruce doesn't find someone to blame or something to moan about the internal pressure makes his head expand. 

Edited by gerrytaggart

from an Athletic piece about United dumping Sanchez:

At United, due to the size of the club, the players’ lounge is less of a culture. After the weekend loss against Crystal Palace, new signings Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Daniel James and Harry Maguire all headed into the family and friends area, posed for photographs and stayed for over an hour. This, they presumed, was the norm but most others steered clear. Paul Pogba was there, having invited the boxer Deontay Wilder. Maguire is said to have looked devastated by the Palace result.

Reality strikes.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

My mate who supports Newcastle was texting me Wednesday night, having not seen the challenge, complaining about it having heard Bruce's comments. I said I'd seen the challenge, it was fine, to which he replied "Then how has Ritchie got 3 stitches and ligament damage?" 

Because it's a contact sport! People can break their legs from a perfectly good tackle, but other times come out of an horrendous tackle perfectly fine. Look at Valery last weekend after Andone's disgusting tackle, he was fine. Some of the worst injuries happen when theres no challenge at all. Shit happens.

• Like 1

" "It could have been eight months, it could have been career-ending," said Bruce.

"If his leg had been planted on the floor, he was in serious trouble." "

From Steve Bruce's interview. 

I don't like the "if his leg was planted" 

It's subjective ifs and buts that could get a lad labelled early on in his career. 

It's all the 'ifs' and 'could', aka bullshit 

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It could also have been nothing if Ritchie had rode the challenge and not just stood there and let Hamza hit him - the challenge had already been made, the ball had been won. But that’s just another ‘if’ or ‘could’. 

If he'd not pulled out of the challenge like you said then its a different story. 

Don't doubt this would be us slating a player if they'd hit Maddison however. 

Tbf the BBC have changed the same article to make Bruce seem OTT, the one they had up earlier in the day had him saying what a good player Hamza was and how he just needs to curb the rashness of his challenges, which is something I think we all agree on. 

One thing that annoys me is that people moan about the "lack of challenges" nowadays compared to years back, but as soon as a tackle (and 9 times out of 10 a good tackle) goes in, fans start booing because the ref hasn't given a foul (yes, even fellow City fans I've heard it at home games) and manager starts moaning.

The worse are Manchester City fans. Absolute "it's always someone else's fault" types who start booing as soon as you go anywhere near one of their players.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Tim Sherwood is scarily thick 

"Roy Hodgson would've picked Ashley Barnes, he picked players on form irrelevant of age or club" 

Well Tim; why was Wilshere having played maybe 4 games chosen over Drinkwater having played 30+ and winning the league.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"Roy Hodgson would've picked Ashley Barnes, he picked players on form irrelevant of age or club" 

Well Tim; why was Wilshere having played maybe 4 games chosen over Drinkwater having played 30+ and winning the league.

England’s best centre midfielder when fit. 

6 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

England’s best centre midfielder when fit. 

You're missing the point there mate.

He said Roy would pick someone based on form not reputation. He picked an injury prone Wilshere after 3 or 4 games, still trying to get to full fitness instead of picking a fully fit Drinkwater in the best form of his life. 

Therefore, he picked off of reputation, not form 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You're missing the point there mate.

He said Roy would pick someone based on form not reputation. He picked an injury prone Wilshere after 3 or 4 games, still trying to get to full fitness instead of picking a fully fit Drinkwater in the best form of his life. 

Therefore, he picked off of reputation, not form 

Yeah I probably should of read it properly lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

lol where do they honestly get shit like this from? Hodgson was one of the weakest, out of his depth England managers I can remember.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

lol where do they honestly get shit like this from? Hodgson was one of the weakest, out of his depth England managers I can remember.

Genuinely worry about some of the pundits that go on. Do they listen to themselves speak?  

It's like mate, Roy chose by 2 categories:

- Top 6 club 

- Big or hyped up name 

• Like 1