Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Great seeing Wolves fail once again when faced with teams that come to defend deep, ie do a Wolves on them.

That Nuno manager with the shit beard is so one dimensional, he's like a pound shop Mourinho. Great at setting up a parked bus and nicking a win/draw on the counter, but useless when other team do come to Molineux playing defensively and looking for a point. And long may it continue because it holds them back - they are useless without space to operate in. Would so much rather be a Leicester fan than Wolves fan now :scarf::scarf:Plus, they are shit to watch and all. Think the fans will turn on him soon.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Great seeing Wolves fail once again when faced with teams that come to defend deep, ie do a Wolves on them.

That Nuno manager with the shit beard is so one dimensional, he's like a pound shop Mourinho. Great at setting up a parked bus and nicking a win/draw on the counter, but useless when other team do come to Molineux playing defensively and looking for a point. And long may it continue because it holds them back - they are useless without space to operate in. Would so much rather be a Leicester fan than Wolves fan now :scarf::scarf:Plus, they are shit to watch and all. Think the fans will turn on him soon.

A team that struggled to break down teams that defended deep, that liked to nick a win on the counter, who struggled without space to operate in - are you talking Wolves or us, in our previous playing style? Albeit, we didn't park the bus per se, and obviously weren't useless, but everything you're slamming Wolves doing stylistically is stuff we used to do.

I'm not a huge fan of Wolves, but I don't think they just park the bus or play shit football anyway, so I've got to say I disagree with you on all fronts bar preferring to be a Leicester fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

We are 4th? Yaaay.. but its LIKE 3 games gone, i personally wont be writing off Spurs :shutup: Chelsea  or Man Utd yet. Everyone, even us are still finding our feet.

Great start and im buzzing but as a LCFC supporter im not counting any chickens yet. 

All the fuss that's made after a few games is silly. Whether it's to do with a team or a player that's off to a hot or cold start. 

But as fans, we love something to talk about!

As for LCFC, nice to be off to a good start for sure. Points earned in August are just as good as the ones earned in April or May.

I really should be a manager with words of wisdom like that, shouldn't I? :claude:

• Like 1

Arsenals only redeeming quality is that they are flat track bullies. They will get slapped 3/4/5 away to the big clubs but they will annihilate the bottom 8 at home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

We are 4th? Yaaay.. but its LIKE 3 games gone, i personally wont be writing off Spurs :shutup: Chelsea  or Man Utd yet. Everyone, even us are still finding our feet.

Great start and im buzzing but as a LCFC supporter im not counting any chickens yet. 

Of course it's crazy going overboard after three games!! Just like it's crazy to think we're terrible if we go 1-0 down in a match, or world beaters when we go 1-0 up in a match! (Just read a typical match day thread on this forum!).

But one thing I strongly believe is that 4 of the top 6 places are between 7 or 8 clubs. I really don't see any of the usual other four suspects as consistent or settled enough to claim the position. Spuds could easily have lost their first three games this season, and certainly should have lost two. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all going through transitional periods with unproven P/L managers, and all are very beatable as has already been shown. 

So I really think top 6 is very achievable this season. We should most certainly be aiming for that.

One interesting fact I read this morning is that the last two times we've started the season unbeaten in the first three games, we won the Championship and P/L......so let's embrace that thought for the rest of this week!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

0We are 4th? Yaaay.. but its LIKE 3 games gone, i personally wont be writing off Spurs :shutup: Chelsea  or Man Utd yet. Everyone, even us are still finding our feet.

I counted my neighbor's Chickens this morning - 36 of the noisy buggers including one huge Cock - that I have named Chris Sutton.  But agree, too early to get excited about being 4th after 3 games is so Spursy:huh:

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, foxile5 said:

How long until Pochettino finally starts to cry in an interview? 

If you could multi-rep a single post mate you’d have all of mine today. Really made me laugh

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What Arsenal have over teams like us is that they put the toss sides to bed at home very frequently. When you watch that Spurs effort earlier against Newcastle... I bet Arsenal beat them soundly at home.

Agreed. I think our away form over the past two years has been better than Arsenal's but their home form is far better. We've got to be winning 12/13 at home to push on, really. Far too many defeats in the last two seasons.

10 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

What a load of rubbish. 

You scored a massive 4 goals more than us last season, and you have 1 more than us so far this season under that attacking mastermind Rodgers. 

#busparkers

Our defence conceded 12 goals less too, so clearly we have a good balance and don't just defend. That's why we aren't getting restless and why we won't be turning on Nuno any time soon. 

Playing twice a week now the league season has started is what is hampering our performances. Yesterday we looked lacklustre, same as against you. Still haven't lost yet though, same as you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What Arsenal have over teams like us is that they put the toss sides to bed at home very frequently. When you watch that Spurs effort earlier against Newcastle... I bet Arsenal beat them soundly at home.

They do what now? :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What a load of rubbish. 

You scored a massive 4 goals more than us last season, and you have 1 more than us so far this season under that attacking mastermind Rodgers. 

#busparkers

Our defence conceded 12 goals less too, so clearly we have a good balance and don't just defend. That's why we aren't getting restless and why we won't be turning on Nuno any time soon. 

Playing twice a week now the league season has started is what is hampering our performances. Yesterday we looked lacklustre, same as against you. Still haven't lost yet though, same as you. 

r4DKavY.png

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What a load of rubbish. 

#busparkers

Your clubs trash bro

41 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What a load of rubbish. 

#busparkers

You had a good first season but honestly can not see you finishing anywhere near 6th this time round, add in your Europa league campaign and at best you will be 10th.