Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

13 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Screenshot_20190826-102427_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6ab1bd18fc4bb4ee03fefce097d254ed.jpg

But wait, isn't he the best pound-for-pound manager in the entire universe?

I mean, looking at this is proper naff isn't it?

One of those losses is the final of the Champions League, another, if not a couple, will be in the knockout rounds.

I really don't like Spurs but this is absurd.

20 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Screenshot_20190826-102427_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6ab1bd18fc4bb4ee03fefce097d254ed.jpg

But wait, isn't he the best pound-for-pound manager in the entire universe?

They are forgetting something there.....

Something's not shown in that analysis.......

They've just won their first trophy under him......it's currently glistening in their hastily built trophy room. (Actually the broom cupboard under the stairs).

The ASDA cup (or was it the ALDI cup?). 

Didn't they manage beat Barcelona reserves on the way to that magnificent triumph?

Pochettino should have won the league in either 15/16 (when we won it) and especially 16/17. They've kept the same squad virtually which is why they've struggled imo and look like they could be going down the arsenal route but at a much faster rate.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Pochettino should have won the league in either 15/16 (when we won it) and especially 16/17. They've kept the same squad virtually which is why they've struggled imo and look like they could be going down the arsenal route but at a much faster rate.

They finished 11 points  behind us when we won the league.  That is a hell of a lot of ground to make up to say that they should have won it.  I'm sure that Spurs fans still believe it but they were miles off.

It's a bit like us saying we should have finished 6th last year, we were just the odd 14 points short of Manchester United but apart from that we definitely should have been 6th.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Poch is a top manager who has got Spurs punching well above their weight. When he goes, which he will soon enough, the mighty Spuds will glide effortlessly into mid table. 

I'll be playing Lionel Richie.. Dancing on the ceiling!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Not 15/16, they should have won it in 16/17 though, that was their best chance. 

10 hours ago, Langston said:

I mean, looking at this is proper naff isn't it?

One of those losses is the final of the Champions League, another, if not a couple, will be in the knockout rounds.

I really don't like Spurs but this is absurd.

15 points from the last 15 league games, 

4 wins 3 draws and 8 losses, puts them in 15th place in the form table 

Edited by jammie82uk
No idea why text goes small halfway
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Everything crossed that they lose Eriksen!... 

Go and join a club that actually wins something Christian.. You know it makes sense! 

Him walking and them not getting a fee would be hilarious - Levy’s head will explode lol

• Like 2

Poch is a top tier manager, but I think hes now passed his shelf life there, I dont think it's doing either party and favours if he remains past this season tbh. I mean hes trying to act Billy big bollocks I'm Alex Ferguson with Eriksen & Vertonghen but that only works if you can adequately replace them and he cant. Think hes proper ****ed it, should've left in summer 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

They finished 11 points  behind us when we won the league.  That is a hell of a lot of ground to make up to say that they should have won it.  I'm sure that Spurs fans still believe it but they were miles off.

It's a bit like us saying we should have finished 6th last year, we were just the odd 14 points short of Manchester United but apart from that we definitely should have been 6th.

Theres no need to be so defensive about it, I'm pretty sure the point he was making is that because the big boys were terrible that year, they should've won it in terms of succession but bottled it 

It’ll put players off Spurs if they know they only way they’ll leave is to run their contracts down. At least if a player wants to leave us we’re pretty clear you have to pay an inflated but not completely unreasonable price 

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’ll put players off Spurs if they know they only way they’ll leave is to run their contracts down. At least if a player wants to leave us we’re pretty clear you have to pay an inflated but not completely unreasonable price 

Their contracts are very loaded towards performance bonuses apparently with pretty ( by prem standards) lowish basic. Since spurs never win anything they don’t get to enjoy the big bucks 

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Their contracts are very loaded towards performance bonuses apparently with pretty ( by prem standards) lowish basic. Since spurs never win anything they don’t get to enjoy the big bucks 

They'd be the richest players in the world if they were paid a bonus for each game they bottled 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I still rate Poch and he is bigger than Spurs. He would have done so much better at United than Ole is atm.

That really isn't saying much. Solskjaer's CV would be lucky to land him the Reading job if it wasn't for his connections at Man Utd. He's out of his depth and he knows it.

I do rate Pochettino but as said Sunday I'm becoming less and less convinced by Spurs. They were better two years ago.

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

15 points from the last 15 league games, 

4 wins 3 draws and 8 losses, puts them in 15th place in the form table 

That's actually pretty dire. That's borderline relegation form over a third of a season.

Poch seems cooked at Spurs tbh. Even the games they were winning earlier in the year they looked shit. We more than deserved something when they beat us at Wembley and I definitely remember them getting lucky in a couple of others.

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Poch seems cooked at Spurs tbh. Even the games they were winning earlier in the year they looked shit. We more than deserved something when they beat us at Wembley and I definitely remember them getting lucky in a couple of others.

Notably the CL where I feel they got very fortunate. Not taking it away from them but that run papered over the cracks big time. Admittedly with something like that you don't really care at the time.

6 hours ago, Koke said:

I still rate Poch and he is bigger than Spurs. He would have done so much better at United than Ole is atm.

And plenty of United fans think he will be given that opportunity and will accept it.

They must be too thick or entitled to consider his contract has four years to run at £8.5m per.  Cue the outrage when Levy demands £100m -- for a manager.

That would be a transfer record never to be broken.  Piss on £80m center halves.  Woody has to consider his legacy.

I can see it now ... outside OT, in the shadow of SAF   SAF.JPG.225245d6068757ee93160d9e6e7cf417.JPG   ... a statue of Ed Woodward paying 100 pounds for a Twix.

Edited by KingsX