Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

912167407_Screenshot_20190827-163359_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ecb5c43c7b1efb637b68cb9d659826d2.jpg

This is everything that's wrong with modern football.

I rate Tammy Abraham and he seems like a good lad who has his head screwed on. But this is just mad. A) Why is a player who, prior to the start of this season, had never played a first team game on 50k anyway? And B) Why are Chelsea (allegedly) doubling his wages after just 4 appearances so far this season? What's he done to earn a 100% wage increase?

I'm well aware this is nothing new but it just seems to have taken the level of bonkers up a notch.

Bonkers isn't it.

We wonder why teams are going under from over spending when clubs are upping and doubling wages after a few games of decent play. 

Stuff like this really makes me want the FA to introduce a salary cap 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

912167407_Screenshot_20190827-163359_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ecb5c43c7b1efb637b68cb9d659826d2.jpg

This is everything that's wrong with modern football.

I rate Tammy Abraham and he seems like a good lad who has his head screwed on. But this is just mad. A) Why is a player who, prior to the start of this season, had never played a first team game on 50k anyway? And B) Why are Chelsea (allegedly) doubling his wages after just 4 appearances so far this season? What's he done to earn a 100% wage increase?

I'm well aware this is nothing new but it just seems to have taken the level of bonkers up a notch.

Typical Chelsea, when they inevitably sack Lampard and get a new manager in and their transfer ban is up he'll be discarded on a contract that no other team would be able to match.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Typical Chelsea, when they inevitably sack Lampard and get a new manager in and their transfer ban is up he'll be discarded on a contract that no other team would be able to match.

#Ghezzal2022

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Let's hope they don't try to tempt Rodgers when they sack Lampard. 

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Chelsea have now got a 32 year old Giroud, Batshuayi and Tammy Abraham all collecting £100,000+ a week.

That is terrible business, I’m sure that when their transfer ban is over they will be in the market for numerous players, including a striker, looking at those options.  

Presuming they want 3 strikers in their squad.. how do they expect to bring someone in and move either Giroud or Batshuayi on? No one will buy them on those wages, combined with a transfer fee. Unless they are happy for Giroud to go for next to nothing or run his contract down then they are most likely to be spending around £500,000 a WEEK in wages for their strikers alone... and their fans are wondering why Abramovich is no longer as willing to invest money in transfers... because the people he’s employing sanctioning this to happen are clueless! Wouldn’t surprise me if he looks to sell soon if they struggle to get Champions League football, paying average players world class wages.

Chelsea pay big salaries - end of

sancho just had an increase to 190k at dortmund

young players are now getting bigger pay packets on the back of Man City and man yanited paging their kids too much 

It’s a big reason why sadly, we will be struggling to hold onto our youngsters next summer and beyond - we can’t compete with the salaries they will be offered elsewhere unless we are prepared to lose a big chunk of our transfer budget and re assign it to wages 

14 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

In about ten years the walls of the EPL will sadly come falling in around us as tv money reaches saturation point and regresses and clubs can’t sustain the wages they are paying.

Can't happen soon enough.