Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I think Arsenal's main problem is Xhaka. Despite all his Hollywood passes and his shots from 30 yards he is not all that. How did it take 92 minutes for him to be booked when he had committed 7 fouls.

Was amazed he wasn't booked for the tackle that gave the penalty away. I thought he was off when he got the actual yellow.

• Like 1

Xhaka is vastly overrated, and a bit of a c*ck, character-wise.

He's slow, poor at defending (never heard of tracking back), not mobile enough, gets caught out of position too often - but he still manages to play for Arsenal.

His only two assets are his long balls and his shots from long range. In a league like the Premier League, though, they tend to be rather ineffective and even dangerous for his own sake, due to the generally speedy opposition, able to intercept and interfere early on.

Stealing a living, but good on him. Done for life.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yep, Sanchez being in there is just like saying ‘good on yer mate for trying’ - even if he did get destroyed by Aubameyang the whole game. 

And yet Spurs had a fullback in Aurier on the bench. I am not sure if Poch will be there too much longer.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Really don’t see why Arsenal don’t just play Torreira holding with Ceballos and Guendouzi ahead. I don’t really even rate Guendouzi that highly, albeit he is young and will improve, however I would have kept Mkhitaryan and put him back centrally, which is where he had the best season of his career at Dortmund. Instead, Xhaka somehow manages to get in the side every single week. Bizarre tactics really. 

Bizarre indeed. Arsenal are a strange club. They allow Ramsay to go for free even though they are weak in that area and then spend 70+M on a forward,  when their defence is dreadful. Whilst this is going on they keep the likes of Xhaka and Ozil,  2 primadonnas. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BKLFox said:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11799564  

Why should they, same with Arsenal. Teams out of top 6 have to cope like this and rebuild season on season with players being poached and having to rely on youth etc, is this a case of Sky just getting the excuses in early if their beloved don't make top 6 this season? 

Two days into September and this article is already a thing. Simply beautiful.

• Like 1

'Ref Watch: 'Human decisions' let down VAR'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11800516

Ref watch: 

Obviously we're interested in the Youri 'stamp' and the Lerma challenge.

He basically says the ref handled it well for what he saw of the Youri challenge, and says it doesn't look a red live or on a few angles. Therefore it didn't hit the threshold for overturning. 

With Lerma he says should've been a booking and hence a sending off. 

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

FE62984C-BBB7-425B-9031-D224FE7C2B34.jpeg

7) 4th in a three horse race last season.

8)  And not forgetting their magnificent achievement in winning the ASDA (or ALDI?) cup when they managed to beat the reserves of Barcelona and Bayern Munich (on penalties after blowing another 2-0 lead).

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

FE62984C-BBB7-425B-9031-D224FE7C2B34.jpeg

39 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

7) 4th in a three horse race last season.

8)  And not forgetting their magnificent achievement in winning the ASDA (or ALDI?) cup when they managed to beat the reserves of Barcelona and Bayern Munich (on penalties after blowing another 2-0 lead).

9) Being top of the league for 13 minutes.

10) Winning the possession stat league.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Yeah. They're pretty inoffensive to me. I like Emery. I like their 2 excellent strikers. The rest of the team is pretty boring but overall I don't have problem with Arsenal. Their fans can be a bit cringey but it's nothing I haven't seen from many other fan bases. 

I work and know many Arsenal fans and I find them delusional, a lot worse than Spurs. Some even think they are going to win the Premier which is plainly ridiculous. They don't have problem scoring goals but it's their defence which is weak even with the addition of Luiz.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Yeah. They're pretty inoffensive to me. I like Emery. I like their 2 excellent strikers. The rest of the team is pretty boring but overall I don't have problem with Arsenal. Their fans can be a bit cringey but it's nothing I haven't seen from many other fan bases. 

I and indeed LCFC as a club have a major problem with Arsenal and it's that if they keep 11 men on the pitch, it's near impossible for us to beat them! That and the fact their players are all moaning, diving, fouling cheats!!! 😡

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/02/premier-league-clubs-poised-vote-realign-transfer-window-europe/

I thought they would, to be honest. It sounded like a good idea but put into practice it just puts Premier League clubs at a disadvantage.

Also, it's annoying as hell on FM. You always get a bigger club unsettling your players after the Premier League window has closed. 

Edited by Danizen

53 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s so obvious he was looking for it :D 

by saying ‘it’s one of them that could be given’ is like him trying to say to the refs watching ‘come on, give me the next one’.

Vardy does it all the time and gets crucified for it, but he’s moving at lightning fast speed so any little touch is going to make him go over - Kane’s was like a bus turning into an oncoming car at 2mph, just so blatant

It's so obvious Kane tries to initiate and anticipate the contact. He goes over towards the defender and then falls over. Never a penalty. 

I found it funny Jenas found it so hard to call him a diver on MOTD2 and skirted around the issue without actually saying the words.