Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Never miss the chance to post the link of when we made it so Tim Sherwood considered whether or not life was for him. 

I still think this was this game which changed the entire 15/16 season. The 3-2 comeback gave the side so much confidence and belief we could win any game from any position. (and I never get tired watching Sherwood's after match interview!)

Edited by ThaiFox

14 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I still think this was this game which changed the entire 15/16 season. The 3-2 comeback gave the side so much confidence and belief we could win any game from any position. (and I never get tired watching Sherwood's after match interview!)

I'd argue for both sides.

• Like 1

Those of you who watch NBC's coverage of the PL know that Leicester man Arlo White does a great job with the commentary.  Well, he's also a huge Chicago Cubs fan (like me) and fell in love with the team when visiting Wrigley Field as a 13 year-old.  He got to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" a couple of nights ago (and did a fantastic job).  You can only imagine what kind of year 2016 was for Arlo - LCFC at 5000-1 and the Cubs winning their first World Series in 108 years.  Of course Karma is a bitch, and the election happened...

Arlo's commentating on the Bears' game today (he loves both kinds of football).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

lol so they offered €45m then 

FB_IMG_1567725314694.thumb.jpg.624ab73fbba18c5648be779819a651c7.jpg

What a ridiculous offer.

Levy is fast losing his reputation as a shrewd operator in the transfer market. He's more of a laughing stock than shrewd.

When Eriksen goes he'll have made a mess of that too, demanding 100 Million for him and ending up with nothing.

It's all very well Levy thinking he's shrewd and clever, but it's looking more and more like Spuds will end up with second rate players. And that's not clever, it's asking for trouble.

Ponch will go at the end of the season, their best players will leave and they'll be back to the second rate side they were before Ponch came along, playing in a half filled stadium which becomes more and more a millstone around their neck as they struggle to fill and pay for it.

59 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

What a ridiculous offer.

Levy is fast losing his reputation as a shrewd operator in the transfer market. He's more of a laughing stock than shrewd.

When Eriksen goes he'll have made a mess of that too, demanding 100 Million for him and ending up with nothing.

It's all very well Levy thinking he's shrewd and clever, but it's looking more and more like Spuds will end up with second rate players. And that's not clever, it's asking for trouble.

Ponch will go at the end of the season, their best players will leave and they'll be back to the second rate side they were before Ponch came along, playing in a half filled stadium which becomes more and more a millstone around their neck as they struggle to fill and pay for it.

Not to worry though, at least they won a Lidl cup or something during this immense period in their history. 

If only their was a trophy for Most Consistent Losers. 

Ahh well, it’ll be back to the cheese board for them. 

23 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wow, why are we clowning on Levy? Man's the reason why Spurs are where they are and not worse than Everton.

Yep. It's like people having a go at us for signing someone like Ghezzal but at the same time ignoring the fantastic business we did in the past, finding gems such as Mahrez, Kante and getting Vardy for only £1m. In fact most of the title winning squad were bought for small money. 

21 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wow, why are we clowning on Levy? Man's the reason why Spurs are where they are and not worse than Everton.

It’s a tricky one, undoubtedly he’s played a major part in Spurs recent success (I say success, I mean overall growth because they haven’t actually won anything) but he does also hold the club back. Not an expert on all things Tottenham, just what a few Spurs fans have told me recently. Come the summer they could end up without Eriksen and Poch, would be two major losses for them. 

Personally loving the issues at Chelsea, Spurs, United etc, Levy potentially leaving Spurs vulnerable as another one of the top four from last season that we could uproot this season in our quest for top 6 football.

34 minutes ago, Koke said:

Roy Keane doing the rounds again spouting off about Fergusson. 

Read his book on holiday (might have been his second one). It’s very good. Did seem quite a strange exit from the club, I don’t think we ever heard the full story though. 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

It’s a tricky one, undoubtedly he’s played a major part in Spurs recent success (I say success, I mean overall growth because they haven’t actually won anything) but he does also hold the club back. Not an expert on all things Tottenham, just what a few Spurs fans have told me recently. Come the summer they could end up without Eriksen and Poch, would be two major losses for them. 

Personally loving the issues at Chelsea, Spurs, United etc, Levy potentially leaving Spurs vulnerable as another one of the top four from last season that we could uproot this season in our quest for top 6 football.

I think Spurs' demise is being overblown. Levy's number 1 priority is to keep the club's stable growth going, and that means Top 4 every season in order to keep cash flow where it's at and to keep players at the club. This summer they bought in pretty much every position they needed to strengthen except arguably right back, in order to make Top 4 safe for them. Once all the new signings gel in under Pochettino, I am sure they'll perform well this season.

Even if the worst case scenario comes; Pochettino leaves (which I'm not convinced by, most of the noise about him leaving has mixed with his unhappiness about the length of the transfer window and it's effect on his squad), Eriksen leaves, Vertonghen and Alderweireld leave, Levy will recover from it. He'll appoint someone astute like Nagelsmann, grab a LCB, add in Bruno Fernandes maybe - he's shown that now Spurs are where they are he's not afraid of spending a bit more on transfers whilst still getting good deals. Whilst I wish they'd crash and burn along with the rest of the Top 6, I feel like Spurs are still probably the best run club of the Top 6, and Levy is basically the reason for that. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Spurs' demise is being overblown. Levy's number 1 priority is to keep the club's stable growth going, and that means Top 4 every season in order to keep cash flow where it's at and to keep players at the club. This summer they bought in pretty much every position they needed to strengthen except arguably right back, in order to make Top 4 safe for them. Once all the new signings gel in under Pochettino, I am sure they'll perform well this season.

Even if the worst case scenario comes; Pochettino leaves (which I'm not convinced by, most of the noise about him leaving has mixed with his unhappiness about the length of the transfer window and it's effect on his squad), Eriksen leaves, Vertonghen and Alderweireld leave, Levy will recover from it. He'll appoint someone astute like Nagelsmann, grab a LCB, add in Bruno Fernandes maybe - he's shown that now Spurs are where they are he's not afraid of spending a bit more on transfers whilst still getting good deals. Whilst I wish they'd crash and burn along with the rest of the Top 6, I feel like Spurs are still probably the best run club of the Top 6, and Levy is basically the reason for that. 

Boooooooo!!!!! 

• Haha 2